THE CORPORATION OF THE COUNTY OF BRUCE
COMMUNICATIONS & E-SERVICES COORDINATOR
This full time position is based at our Library Headquarters. The primary responsibility of the Communications & E-Services Coordinator is to advance Bruce County Public Library’s (BCPL) presence in the community through both social and traditional media platforms. The Coordinator participates in library promotion; updates the library’s website; monitors and facilitates enhancements for the online public access catalogue; explores the potential applications of web-based technologies, and recommends and implements applications as appropriate.
The Library Headquarters is located in Port Elgin, along the beautiful Lake Huron shoreline. The area offers many family fun events and year round recreational opportunities for the young and the young at heart. Come discover the unique shops, local talent and breathtaking sunsets. Enjoy small town living with city life just a drive away.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline, e.g. Library Science, Communications, Marketing
- Fluency in the development and application of new and emerging technologies in library services.
- Significant knowledge and demonstrated experience using social networking tools, in particular, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Hootsuite.
- Skill in the use of a computer, using software such as MS Office, Symphony integrated library software, virtual library resources and databases and related software including Wordpress.
- Experience with web-based communication methods and Web 2.0.
- Demonstrated proficiency with marketing related software, graphic design software and in integrating new technologies and social media platforms into marketing practices.
- Experience assisting users with both print and electronic resources, including creating instructional and promotional materials in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, patiently and courteously.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with a covering letter, by Friday, February 8, 2013 to:
Mr. D. J. Harris
Director of Human Resources
Corporation of the County of Bruce
P.O. Box 70
Walkerton, Ontario N0G 2V0
Go to www.brucecounty.on.ca to view all of our current postings and application details.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.