Corporation of Delta Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great way to work with the local community
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC28 August 2017
- Fairly flexible with scheduling
- Not as easy to advance
- Great group of staff that are all invested in the community
- Excellent work for university and college students
ever notice about once a year these guys are looking for an electrician?
Grunt (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC13 June 2017
Extremely bad place too work, they have high turn over in the electrical dept. ( they only have three electricians ) the two supervisors are extremely difficult to get along with. don't waste your time with these people, they consider themselves "the best of the best" when in reality they are " the worst of the worst " you will hate working here, as most of their employees do. you have been warned!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Comfortable working environment with managers that put in extra work
Gym attendant/Program leader (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC5 June 2017
I would make up classes for any age from 3-18 depending on what I was teaching that day. Then organize the patrons into a productive class.

I learned how to deal with many different ages and types of people, as well as how to be patient with different children who learn in alternate ways.

The management at Delta was encouraging and supportive. Whenever we needed help with our classes, whether it was buying supplies or ensuring the patrons were respectful, they followed through quickly and efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring all patrons felt like they were treated fairly and got their deserved amount of time from myself. Making sure the gym was divided for all the sports or ensuring all children in a class were given equal attention was the main focus.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the involvement that I felt with the community. Talking and playing sports with the patrons and making them feel comfortable within the public space.
Pros
strong work environment
Cons
inconsistent hours
Productive and fun staff to work with
Volunteer Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Delta, BC12 January 2017
Staff and employers are creative and certified people that are always welcoming, helpful and most importantly, productive. I've always had lots of work to do and plenty on my plate working with the Corporation of Delta, however I've always persevered.
Good environment
Aquatic leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC17 November 2016
Good working environment. Good benifets. Good hours. Unionized. Delta has a wide variety of jobs to choose from. Words words words
It was a fun environment
Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer/Speaker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC2 June 2013
I enjoy helping communities to become fitter and healthier
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough working hours