Corporate Services, Inc.

Corporate Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Shipping Clerk/ Material Handler
Material Handler/ Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 19, 2016
Scan and stack packages to be shipped out by different types of companies. Which would include international packages. Drove different types of equipment.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 4, 2016
I agree to stay away from this staffing service.

I was looking for A Full TIME job that I was not looking to work at 30 different places. They are expect you to call them EVERYDAY for work they are not in the business to get you a REAL FULL time job because then they would lose their income!!!
Pros
Weekly check
Cons
A real check you have to pick up in the office
Stay Away from Corporate Services
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 22, 2016
Worked in an office for a couple of months,until I wasn't needed any longer.

I was told I was a good worker and that they would find something else for me, but they didn't.

They denied my unemployment benefits because "there was always work available", but there wasn't any more work available.

I had to fight for my unemployment benefits, but finally got them.

Hiring managers treat people like they are a liability rather than someone who was out of work and needed a job. I wasn't asking for someone to hold my hand, but a little respect goes a long way.

Do yourself a favor and go to a different employment service.
Cons
Company lures you in with jobs that may not exist. Less than professional.
prospect (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMarch 1, 2016
Run down tiny office, shoe string budget, very low overhead. Unprofessional, they don't have the time of day, heh heh, their clock was several hours behind.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay with no future
Worst Company to Work for
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIFebruary 9, 2016
This was by far the worst company I had worked for. My immediate co-workers were great, but management was HORRIBLE. Micro-managing, belittling you in front of others, no mentoring to help you grow, not allowing time off for doctor appointments, not fixing basic office supplies. Unethical practices with temporary workers because all they cared about was making $$$. They are CONSTANTLY looking for placement coordinators because turnover is extremely high. If you're considering a job here- RUN!
Pros
Immediate co-workers were great
Cons
Management. Management. Management.
Leadership is vey important to change other people skills, make sure junior officials can management the institution without you. Hard work.
OSD - Senior Legal Administration Officer (MR6) (Current Employee) –  BhishoOctober 26, 2015
Work independently research every aspect of my work. Leadership, mentorship and meet strategic objective of the institution. Working hard as we are all leaders in our different portfolios transparency
Pros
Giving to needy
Cons
Long hours at work
Wonderful Company to work for.
Adm. Asst. to VP Sales and Proposal Director (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2015
Created proposals for the marketing department.
Enjoyed using Microsoft office, PowerPoint and word.
The proposals were colorful and creative using pictures of various buildings and surroundings.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 18, 2015
worked on machines. had a friend that helped me out by training me. working with heavy things. worked graveyard sifts. overall not a bad job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long nights
learning Factory work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 21, 2015
I put things together and past them on to the next person, I also inspected other peoples work. Then I packaged them up for shipping.
Pros
learning how to assemble products
Cons
having to reassemble broken parts
Best job I ever had
2nd Shift Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2015
I loved this company and would work for them again instantly. Not a lot of employee so it was easy to get to know everyone. Learned to operate a forklift, band sealers, augers, and a baler machine. Gained supervisory experience. Communicating with some of the Hispanic employees. Driving the forklift was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
leaky roof that needed fixed
Productive work environment
Assembly/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 31, 2015
start up machine, run and inspect medical parts, clean working area, and run tests on parts for working quality. Worked with quality individuals and learned to work as a team.
I am a hard working dedicated worker all about helping out the team
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I have Worked several different work sites for this temp service , industrial jobs Warehouse worker , Rent-A-Center delivery some sand blasting and heat treating, some professional moving at Springfield Van company, unloading fiber insulation.
Horrible
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 13, 2014
This job started off great. I was told I would be put on salary after 90 days as well as having my benefits. After being there for a short period of time harassment started to become a every day thing. Regardless of what you would do. The best part about this job would be the paid vacation as well as sending people out on jobs and seeing there smiling faces
Pros
insurace, break
Cons
no advancement
People Recycling
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJune 27, 2014
Short term opportunities with very few long term positions ever available. Management seemed to push people from job to job rather than finding the right positions for the right people. Never had an opportunity to know the management or even many co-workers. Found myself working 3 months and once the contract was up for one company they would move people onto the next.
Pros
learned many different job tasks in a short amount of time
Cons
no hiring opportunities
It's an unbalanced career but it is a great stepping stone for an entry level employee.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 30, 2014
Corporate Services is a great workplace for workers who can't find work. They will put you in temp to hire positions which is great because people can earn their position. They are a fair company and they give everybody a fair chance to work if they qualify. The typical day at work can vary from warehouse production to landscaping or moving furniture. They mainly have general labor positions. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a variety of skills. The hardest part is that it is not a stable job and some jobs only require you to work one day. I love the management, they are always focused and they always answer the phone to assist you with your needs.
Steer Clear
Assembler and Light Industrial (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 30, 2014
They throw you into any job they can. They dont give a clear overview of the jobs before you start them. If the job doesnt fit you or you turn it down they wont find you another one.
Pros
will find you work
Cons
everything
immediate co workers helped provide a comfortable work environment, upper management not so helpful
Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 30, 2013
This position required us to make several sales calls a day. Most were discouraging. Filling job orders was satisfying but most of the time it was a long drawn out process with lots of disappointment. Upper management was not a positive force in our daily duties.
Part of my job was to process applications. That kept us busy. It was great building a relationship with our customers. The pay was definately too low for what was expected of me. I was required to run the office by myself for long period of time when co workers had quit. Overall I would not recommend working there.
Pros
meet diverse clientel
Cons
staffing industry is very discouraging at times
Pretty dedicated recruiters with questionable pay offers
Temporary Packer and Inspector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 16, 2013
I didn't mind their Woodstock location. The ladys where very helpful with finding me a job. Then I got let go, I screwed up and I still feel bad. Told them what happened and they still gave me a second chance. Didn't have much luck but they still offer me jobs. They understand accidents happen and humans have errors. I still use these ladies as a reference too.
Pros
scheduales, prompt replys, helpful and professional.
Cons
how much in advance you can work, record keeping, low pay
Interesting place to work
Farm Machinery Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 27, 2013
Learning about the farm machinery and parts. Office management, Accts. Payable 's. Learning the tricks of the trade.
Typical Temp service
Lead Packer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 28, 2013
I was just put in different factories that either involved assembly line work or checking and packing of materials.