EVENT SECURITY GUARDS
CIS is now accepting applications from qualified event security professionals to work various festivals, concerts, cabarets and major events in and around the Calgary area. Wages are based on experience and training.
General Events and cabarets generally run for 1-3 days, however; some events offer full time, consecutive 12 hour shifts for up to 28 days. Day and night shifts are available for such major events.
Patrol and High Profile Guard Requirements:
- Valid Alberta Security Guard License
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Protect Certificate (for licensed events)
- Canadian Police or Peace Officer Experience/Training a strong asset
- Serving Peace Officers, Sheriffs, Transit P.O's and CO's are encouraged to apply and work when off-duty
- Previous security experience in a dynamic patrol environment
- Excellent physical condition and professional appearance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in large, crowded venues and deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Conflict resolution skills
- PPCT Control Tactics an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code and Guard Authorities
- Ability to write incident reports and witness statements
General Site Security and Overnight Security:
- Valid Alberta Security License
- Previous security training and experience required (students welcome)
- Professional appearance and physically fit
- Fluent written and spoken English communication
- Ability to patrol various sized properties to identify and deter criminal activity
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Criminal Code and Authorities
- Report writing skills
Phone calls and emails to the office will not be accepted.
Please apply via this site only by submitting a resume in WP or PDF format only. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews and proof of a valid Alberta Security License will be required prior to the interview. Thank you.