This camp position is located north of Edmonton.
OIL AND GAS CAMP SECURITY PATROL GUARD
We are seeking qualified security professionals to fill ongoing camp security patrol and access control guard positions due to the expansion of our industrial security operations in northern Alberta.
We invite all who are interested to apply if you meet the following qualifications:
- VALID ALBERTA SECURITY LICENSE (No Exceptions)
- Canadian, US or UK Police, Peace Officer, Corrections, Military or By-Law experience is preferred.
- Formal law enforcement training and/or education is acceptable, as is proven experience as a security guard in a dynamic and challenging patrol environment.
- Physically fit and clean cut - must meet Police/Military Standards
- Fluent command of the English Language - written and spoken - no exceptions
- Exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to write police, security incident and patrol reports
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- PPCT, Handcuffing and Verbal Judo certification an asset
- First Aid, CPR and additional training an asset
Travel time to the camp(s) (north of Edmonton) is paid from Edmonton, and for return to Edmonton from camp. Shuttle from the Edmonton office is available for those who do not wish to take their own vehicle. This is NOT a fly-in position.
All meals and private or semi-private lodgings are provided free of charge to guards while on duty/shift rotation.
Duties include patrolling the camp lots, dorms and facilities to ensure the safeguarding of persons and property, responding to disturbances, general complaints and medical emergencies. Assisting residents with room lock-outs and compliance with camp regulations. Shifts are 12 hours long on day or night duties.
OPTION 1: Guards may work under contract and work lengthy rotations of consecutive 12 hours shifts. Most contract guards elect to work 30 days on with 14 days off. The contract option allows guards to waive their restriction of working a maximum of 48 hours per week. Guards are only able to reside at the camp while working their duty shifts and are responsible for their own off-site lodgings on days off. Wages are paid at straight hourly time to the contract guard without any deductions taken. Payment is every two weeks and most sites start at $17/hour ($6,324.00/month) with no deductions taken off. (Contract Guards are responsible for their own taxes and write-offs).
OPTION 2: Guards may work as employees and may work a maximum of 4 (12 hour) shifts in a work week at straight time, with 3 to 4 days off between shifts. Guards are only able to reside at the camp while working their duty shifts and are responsible for their own off-site lodgings on days off. Source deductions and taxes are applied on payroll and payday is every two weeks. Overtime is only available in the event of an emergency on the site. Benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period.
Please submit your resume as an attachment via this site with starting hourly wage expectations and identify your preference between Option 1 (contract) or Option 2 (employee payroll).
Proof of a valid Alberta license will be requested prior to interviews.