Cornerstone Insurance Employee Reviews

Corporate and team spirit culture
Executive Marketer (Former Employee) –  Lagos, NigeriaDecember 30, 2015
Everyday job is to review client's portfolio and follow up clients with calls and visiting them about possible investment and premium on present investment. The interesting part of the job is following up with potential clients and convincing them about company's services and convincing them in making profitable investment into their future.
We work as a team of executive marketers,my co-workers are very understanding and cooperative when making individual decisions that will involve their time and effort towards the growth of the company. The hardest part of the job is trying to convince potential clients to act according to their promise of investment. The enjoyable part of the Job is the opportunity to talk with people and helping them with their investment decision.
Horrible experience
Controller and COO (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
The owner of the company cannot distinguish between personal and professional life. He screams, throws things and threatens both employees and clients. Run!

He offers NO TRAINING and demands 9 hours a day without a break.

He has no idea how to run a company and feels technology is something that threatens his way of managing.

He pays $10 an hour on a 1099, no benefits.
Fun Friend Family atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NeMay 23, 2016
I love working with cornerstone Insurance the people here are great to work with. They make you feel at home and help you when you need it. I can't say anything bad about them.
Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  LagosDecember 7, 2013
It's a good career job
You don't need to work weekend
They have good management but you need to bring new client weekly
Pros
free lunch last fridays
Cons
management controls everything
Interesting
Insurance underwriter and marketer (Current Employee) –  Lagos, GUJuly 11, 2012
A typical day at work is usually going out to market new prospect as well as making proposals for them.

Moreso a affirmatory work of underwriting new as well as existing ones.

I have learnt how to calculate the basic ways of determining insurance policy that is its acceptability or rejection.

My co-workers are interesting set of people that makes the place lively and put you on your toes when the need be.

The hardest part of it is convincing customers to part with their money due to ignorance in this part of the world

When the cheques are paid for claims and the customer satisfaction.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no health care or allowance
productive,and fun
Updating clients Payment (Current Employee) –  Lagos,Nigeria.November 12, 2013
it all about insurance selling life product such as maximum investment plan(mip)chef children Education fund Gl which is Group life policy all this are thing we work on everyday.i do update all individual policy payment all over the branches,such as warri,kano kaduna,abuja,ibadan and many more.And my co worker are as loving,and hardworking people.The hardest part of the job is mostly manual and stressful.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short break time
financial planner
marketing financial planner (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 24, 2014
i work in the financial planner department which involved the management of client funds for future purposes and i learnt alot from the professional field in the company that gave me an edge working with SA babatunde.
Information Technology Support Officer (Former Employee) –  LagosJanuary 6, 2015
I support users in IT related problems and also keep IT asset register including maintenance
Busy office
INSURANCE AGENT/BROKER (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, California 92807May 6, 2014
This office sells all lines of insurance: Auto, Fire, Life, Health, Commercial and Recreational Vehicles. They represent many companies to be competitive in the market place.
Pros
time flies as you are extremely busy
Cons
need more hours in the day to complete your work
Very Intense atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baldwyn, MSJune 3, 2013
Very intense atmosphere, I've learned about all the different coverages with property and casualty. I really enjoy working with the customers who come in to get insurance or to maintain the policy that they have. The hardest part is being behind a desk all day in an intense environment.
Pros
gov. holidays
Cons
no retirement
Professional work place, helped me become more professional
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 2, 2013
This is a great company, Learned alot from insurance to life policies and was showen alot of respect in my position.
Pros
great relationship with upper manager.
Cons
not a stable job