Corix Utility Systems

Corix Utility Systems Employee Reviews

Last resort, daily nightmare
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I have nothing positive to say, if you are looking for the opportunity to be frustrated on a daily basis look no further than Corix. Management makes promises it cannot meet.
Pros
Take home work truck, gas card
Cons
No work life balance, high stress environment, high staff turnover, micky mouse operation
No mangement back up ,work load to great to do a proper job at facilties you and your ticket are resonsible for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2016
decent salary,provided with company truck,operators I worked with were a great bunch that I miss.Company was to profit driven and work load given to operators and zone supervisors was unmanageable and stressful.Upper management did not back up operators or supervisors when thing went wrong, there only concern, was what would be the risk to company profits. They were quick to throw a lot of operators under the bus instead of backing them up and as a result had a high turn over rate and lost a great deal of really talented people.
Pros
Company truck, decent salrary home every night
Cons
high turn over rate, short staffed and over worked, no back up from management
Toxic atmosphere
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 March 2016
This company paid me a salary based on an 8 hour day but expected twelve of more hours per day to get the work completed. No regard for work/life balance.
very little internal training or career opportunities
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada22 October 2015
I wouldn't recommend this company to those who cares about their career development. There is very little internal training or career opportunities. Company is simply not profitable enough to care about their employees.
Pros
flexible work locations
Cons
sr. management team cares very little about the team
What I learned
TECHNICIAN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat15 October 2015
Many computer and people skills. Unfortunately after the contract ends, they move to a new city. The do however offer to take any people that do well to take them to the next contract. Hard for family life. They do really well pretty much in all aspects to their individual jobs.
Utilities
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 August 2015
Very great place to work, would have enjoyed a longer time there had we been awarded more contracts. The team we created was a once in a lifetime group.
Excellent Company
Field Technician (Meter Installer) (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 June 2014
The contract I was under only lasted a little under 2 years but the supervisors that were chosen for the job were the best I have been around. Corix is a nice company to work for if you can keep working for them it is a bonus.
Pros
Looks after sataff
Cons
Offers training but were not able to come through
Well paid and appreciated employee
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 January 2014
I enjoyed this 1 year contract. We had a great team, and were greatly rewarded for our efforts.
Upbeat work environment with lots of support
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 December 2013
This is a fast paced environment but we make a point of adding humour to lighten things up. Our area is mostly self managed with little interaction with the Supervisor or Manager.
As we were not limited to the length of our calls we were much more likely to please the customer and resolve their issue on the 1st call. As the customer base was much smaller than what I was used to in Edmonton we were able to build relationships with our customers and they would often ask for us by name.
My Co-workers were helpful, supportive and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the workload especially during the Fortis BC labour dispute as our call volume increased dramatically as did our e-mails, regular mail and faxes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can take an angry or upset customer and completely turn the situation around. These customers become your customer and will then prefer to speak to you directly.
As we have lost The Fortis BC contract and The City of Kelowna has reduced their billing to bi-monthly billing our workload will decrease dramatically which has resulted in my layoff.
Pros
Weekly breakfast, small bonuses, some flexibility with hours
Cons
Low wages, no merit based increases, limited advancement
day and life in the Corix Office
Regional Administrative Assistant- Corix Utilities (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 June 2013
Working under the managment here at Corix has been an eye opener and valuable life lesson. I have learned how to properly manage a team without strife or mayhem. Working with a group of people and dealing with their various needs and complaints has been something I will never forget. I have learned by fire how to properly organize, back-up, and save every piece of information necessary to the job. Payroll, deployement and First Nations Initiatives have been a learning curve that i'm happy to say went smoothly and quickly thanks to the team i was surrounded by.
All in all, an amazing experience.
Pros
lunches, birthday cake, relationships.
Cons
crazy amount of things thrown on my desk all at once :)
great
B.C Hydro Contractor (Former Employee) –  delta b.c23 May 2013
corix was a great work experince great people salary just only bad part was it was a one yr contract and laid alot of people off
Pros
great workplace
Cons
management
Good job, great wages.
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 May 2013
Great co workers, head electricians. Often working out of town.
Disfunctional
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton29 November 2012
* Lied to about expected pay, threatened with layoffs shortly after starting in an attempt to increase production numbers.
* Very high turnover.
Fun experience
Administrative Assistant/OFA First Aid Attendant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC15 August 2012
It's fun working at Corix, I get to learn a lot of things and got good job experience.
Great co-workers, Great atmosphere (co-workers)
Specialized Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2012
The company is not properly set up here in Calgary, it has an inexperienced management team however it makes up with great co-workers, company vehicle with gas card and of course free work apparel (jackets). The pay scale is above average to start depending on position however there are no wage increases as promised in the initial interview. I give this company a 2 out of 5 stars because of how disappointing the management is set up, they make a lot of promises that can't be met in the end.
Pros
company vehicle and gas card
Cons
inexperienced management, no advancement, contract work, no overtime
very chalanging job...
Field Tech for Smart Meter Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  vancouver28 April 2012
very challanging job, every day different place different type of customers to deal with, some really mad some welcoming... overall good learning experience...
very good salary package.
Pros
good salary package, free coffee, professional co-worker other than managers.
Cons
no overtime