A small law family law and litigation law firm, located in the heart of Westboro, is seeking a motivated Family Law and Litigation Clerk / Legal Assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organize and expedite the flow of work, initiating follow-up action as required
- Accurately prepare legal documents, correspondence, excel charts and email with minimal direction
- Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
- Prepare litigation documents to be filed in Court including photocopying, binding and organizing
- Meet timelines/deadlines, schedule meetings, maintain calendar and tickler (bring forward) system
- Responsible for all court scheduling (motions, trial, etc.), and out of court scheduling (i.e. mediations, examinations)
- Prepare affidavit of documents, disclosure briefs, net family property briefs
- Responsible for Court notices (notice of mediation, notice of action dismissal)
- Prepare simple motions (i.e. motion to extend time)
- Liaise between the legal professional and third parties including clients, court and suppliers
- Work proactively in the day to day support of the professional's practice
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail
- Administrative assistant or legal administrative assistant or law clerk diploma coupled with a minimum of three years of experience
- Experience in family and civil litigation
- Familiarity with court filing procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Divorce Mate and PC Law is an asset
- Good keyboard skills are required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a professional demeanour
- Strong written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while multi-tasking
- Strong time management, file management and organization skills
- Electronic document management is an asset
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Parking is provided.
Indeed - 9 months ago
A small law family law and litigation law firm, located in the heart of Westboro.