Corel Corporation

Corel Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Creative culture
Senior Graphic Designer / Illustrator / (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: learning new creative things every day
Cons: watching mismanagement in large format and the personal loss of employees
working with a large group of designers and copy writers to achieve best product.
Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Art Director, Web Design, Search Engine Optimization, Social Networking, Digital Artwork, Technical Illustration, UI graphic design, extensive private and public industry experience, strong interpersonal skills, vast conceptual capacity, capable of combining traditional art with current technologies, Strong team management skills, positive professional work
great people, great products, uncertain job security
Quality assurance specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Love my job. I work with a great team and have an amazing manager. Very flexible hours, i come in and out pretty much as I please as long as I get my work done and I attend meetings. Flexibility to work from home when needed too.

Lost of layoffs every year makes for a tough morale overall. Seems like no one makes much money and no merit increases for a long time. A bit of a disconnect from executive team in that regard.
No respect for their employees
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses if you surpass the quarter minimum
Cons: high risk of loss of employment
It was a nice place to work. Had my own cubicle with computer and phone. Co-workers were great. The supervisor was also great. Very understanding. Had to make a certain amount for the company every quarter or risk loosing job. Risk losing job every time they buy out another company. Treat you like a criminal once the layoff is complete, as in, they send everyone else into a meeting so they don't see the layoff in progress so to keep moral up, they watch you as you pack your things and they escort you off the premises. And they think a week before Christmas is the best time to do this.

Also, they refuse to give references or acknowledgment of employment to previous employees searching for new work.
Cool Canadian company as good as MS Office
Software Developer/Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: fun company, awesome team building events
Developed test cases for WordPerfect QA department
Create macros to automate testing process
Code maintenance/bug fixes
Fixed numerous dialogue boxes
Setup, configured & maintained testing systems
Great prodcuts
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2013
Corel has a great team and great products.
But, it is not as good in terms of management
great team(Paradox DB Suite) Development & Testing
Software Tester and developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: gave small business and private citizens a useful product at a resonable price
Cons: no job security
Great experience in team oriented enviroment even though pjt mngr was of little help; having no real understanding of the project/software(his position/title was purely honorary.
Great people, great learning experience!
Marketing research intern (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnMay 22, 2012
My responsibilities include coding open-ended questions from in-product-marketing survey’s that were distributed through Corel software. I helped calculate Net Promoter scores for each product and along with other data; I created presentations to
deliver the messages from the surveys.
Excellent learning environment.
Team Lead, Consumer Applications (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2012
Pros: stocks
Cons: young managers
An excellent place to work, good co-workers, long hours, great benefits, good learning environment.