Corel is one of the world’s top software companies with over 100 million active users in over 75 countries. Through the years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easier to learn and use, and give people the freedom to create their way. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value. Our award-winning product portfolio includes some of the most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Paint Shop Pro® Photo, Corel® Painter™, VideoStudio®, WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.
We are currently seeking a knowledgeable and creative Programmer/Analyst to join our team and support the development of web and mobile applications.
Success in this position will involve a flexible approach to problem solving, technical innovation and strong communication skills.
- Integrate, test, and develop html5-based web and mobile app solutions.
- Deliver projects and tasks on time and on budget.
- Document all work to required standards.
- Work with a ProductArchitect to design and implement solutions.
- Improve ease of use and site functionality through technical innovations.
A college or university degree in computer or interactive multimedia programming.
As the ideal candidate for our team you will bring the following skills to the position:
- Programming ability in SQL, HTML5 and PHP
- Experience developing applications that can connect to different database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Web and Mobile Application design and development.
- Strong documentation discipline.
- Knowledge of Database design, forms, and queries an asset
- Authentication and Session Management for user logins an asset.
- Software release management and product life cycle management in CakePHP environment is an asset.
- Experience integrating with eCommerce engines is an asset.
- Development/integration experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn is an asset
- Android and /or iOS application development is an asset.
- User interface design ability and experience with user interface development is an asset
- Interface development using Jquery Mobile or equivalent web framework is an asset
- Linux development experience, managing a LAMP stack and security would be an asset
- Revision control knowledge is an asset
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to convey understanding of technical subjects to non-technical people.
- Passionate about the web with an ability to contribute to the shaping of the industry.
- Awareness of emerging web technologies and an understanding of how they can be applied to solve business problems.
- Strong problem solving skills. Able to understand a business problem and implement a technical solution.
- Creative, looks for better ways to code solutions.
- High performer. Ready to contribute to our organization.
- Motivated, self-directed and proactive attitude.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies with over 100 million active users in over 75 countries. Through the years,...