Information Security Administrator and Disaster Recovery Coordinator
Information Security Administrator and Disaster Recovery Coordinator – Full-time Consultant
This is a 1 year full-time consultant position.
We are currently looking for a talented and driven person to assist us in our client in day-to-day information security administration and disaster recovery coordination activities.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Monitor security devices, security event logs, alerts and third party vulnerability communications. Evaluate risk, and make action recommendations or perform follow-up activities;
- Monitor / review people lifecycle process;
- Perform system access reviews and follow-up;
- Perform applicable security device, application and Active Directory administrative activities;
- Perform applicable NTFS changes;
- Assist in security assessment and remediation activities:
- Assist in the investigation of policy violations and respond / report on information security incidents as required;
- Document / revise security review processes and maintain auditable records of security review activities;
- Provide technical representation and documentation for third party audits;
- Assist in security awareness activities and administration of information security website;
- Provide requested security reporting and trending information.
- Take part in business impact analysis (BIA), risk assessment, gap analysis and recovery strategy activities.
- Become familiar with the executive approved business requirements and availability expectations.
- Establish and maintain disaster recovery gates within project management and change management.
- Identify, develop, maintain, delegate and communicate applicable disaster recovery planning documentation.
- Provide education and awareness of disaster recovery planning and expectations to the business and Information Services.
- Coordinate annual disaster recovery exercises, maintain applicable detailed documentation and present findings.
- Act as disaster recovery coordinator during times of crisis.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of network and IS security components, including firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, web filters/scanners, anti-virus software, encryption and other industry-standard techniques and practices;
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, including their vulnerabilities and solutions;
- Strong knowledge of ISO/IEC 27002, COBIT, ITIL, Sarbanes Oxley and laws relating to data privacy and protection;
- Working knowledge of current systems software, operating systems and security hardening best practices;
- Experience with NTFS and Active Directory administration;
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current business continuity and disaster recovery techniques, technologies and coordination activities;
- Strong process and documentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements.
The successful candidate will have completed relevant post secondary education and have 3-5 years related experience. Candidates with industry experience, CISSP and GIAC certifications or other security certifications will be given preference.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago