Under the supervision of the Team Lead, Non Sap Application Operations Corporate and Rack Forward, the Non SAP Applications Analyst is responsible to plan, organize and direct the daily operations of essential information management systems (CXL, QBFM, ITASM, Lenel, Prism Production Accounting, Aspen, EIMS, Stature, ESS) for the Enterprise (EH&S, Finance, HR, Legal, Project Tools) and Refining and Marketing teams to ensure that their business needs are met, as well as some applications in the Facilities Operation & Maintenance and Facilities Engineering portfolios. Establish and confirm that procedures and methods related to steady state application operations, maintenance and feature enhancements are employed to ensure the reliability of the production application systems remains in a high state of availability. In addition, this position is responsible to co-approve new application solutions requested by business using Suncor RFS and IS PMO Project processes; and to build working relationships with other IS Operations, Business, BRM/BA teams, software vendors and other service providers.
- Accountable for delivery of IS services supporting multiple BU’s
Analyze and direct application improvement initiatives working with vendors, staff and business clients
- Engages with Projects at all relevant gate reviews to provide guidance and direction to ensure that Operations teams are prepared for sustainment operations.
- Prioritize and manage vendor requests
- Monitors and engages with key 3rd party application support vendors to ensure that P1/2’s are addressed as per SLA guidelines
- Performs technology management stewardship to ensure that business systems are built to correct specifications
- Assists RFS and BRM functions in requirements definition for enhancements and projects
- Leads a team of outsourcing vendors and contractors responsible for the following functions/processes: Application Administration/Operations and development, Problem Management, Incident Management, Capacity Management, Functional application testing and Application system monitoring.
- Provides clear direction to other IS teams as required to ensure that the applications systems reliability and availability remain at high levels.
- Performs RFS requirements review and provides feedback to the PMO Solution Designer, BRM and Business clients.
- Monitor compliance with performance expectations includes vendors, outsourcers and contractors.
- Team focal point for ITASM updates and IBM Schedule F updates and reviews
- Team focal point for IBM decommissioning activities and consolidation efforts
- Directs and guides outsourced vendors (IBM) when questions around work priorities arise
- Act as IS approver (on behalf of Team Lead) or can choose not to approve an MOC request based on the MOC information
- Direct, guide and influence PMO Project decisions.
- Can direct, guide and influence Apps, Infrastructure and network teams during unexpected outages.
- Provides technical advice/support to Business and IS BRM/BA as a trusted advisor to ensure that application and system decisions have business value
- Reviews ARB and other technical recommendations to ensure that key application/system activities are technically correct
- Responsible for the final IS PMO project review prior to the acceptance of the deliverables and release into the production environment.
- Can influence decision to hire or reject vendor named “key positions” within the service provider delivery teams
Environment and Expectations
- 20-30 indirect outsourced service providers across several teams in Calgary and Pune, India.
- Responsible to oversee the Outsource Service Providers delivery of applications support and enhancement activities for resources in Calgary and Pune, India.
- Provides direct support for 10-15 IS BRM’s, BA’s and IT Coordinators.
- Provides support to Suncor Business Units; I&PM and R&M, through Bus. Relationship Mgrs. / Business Advisors and business contacts
- Supports business critical applications in the Engineering Software portfolio including: CXL, Aspen, and Lenel, as well as up to 500-700 additional applications in this category.
- Numbers of SO’s/year managed: average 1000 – 1500
- RFS Reviews per year > 50 < 150
- SPIM Project Gate reviews attended per year > 25
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Deep domain application knowledge for Critical Applications
- Business process knowledge – Has specialized knowledge around how the critical BU apps are used
- Broad knowledge of how to deliver information technology services to meet business cost and service level expectations
- Knowledge of key Suncor processes and knows when to apply
- Knowledge of infrastructure/network principles
- High level communication skills to work with business and BRM functions
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to influence business decisions for positive outcomes
- Ability to respond to multiple requests from a variety of business and IS teams and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills to work effectively with business, IS staff and vendors.
- Exceptional client/customer service skills
Indeed - 12 months ago