- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, LogMeIn
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Produce technical documentation.
- Ability to conduct administrative and technical functions on Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network, firewalls, switches.
- Understanding of: Windows Server 2003/2008 and Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Office Products
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize and work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients at the same time.
- Vehicle required for light to moderate travel within Vancouver
Desirable Qualifications (not required, but an asset):
- A++, MCSE, Cisco or Citrix Certifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years IT experience
- College Diploma in Computer technology or equivalent;
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and Hosted exchange
- Technical certifications (Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco) or willing to acquire.
- Experience in a communication role.
- Fluent in English.
Indeed - 12 months ago