Core-Mark

Core-Mark Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a really nice place to work at. It was temporary because the lady I was covering for was out on medical leave and came back.
Human Resources Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
It was an interesting place to work for. I learned about how important it is for all the paperwork to be done on time. It was very important for me to talk to all the employees and help them with any questions they had.
great
Head Janitor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: greatn
Cons: none
It was great. it was fantastic. It was great. I am grateful for it all. It was great. It was great. It was fantastic.It was great
Not enough pay for the hours worked
Driver (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2015
Day usually starts at 5 am.
Management and co-workers don't have a lot of knowledge of transportation industry.
Not enough pay for the hours worked.
Hardest part of the job is having to unload the trucks by yourself.
Schedule changes every day & they pay absolutely no overtime.
An ok interim job
Warehouse Order Slector (Former Employee), Hanover, Pa.June 23, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Got Laid off after being out for a Medical issue.
It was a job that filled a need for me at the time but not a position I would have stayed in. The management was ok and so were my fellow employees. The hardest part was getting used to the sub zero temperatures.
Don't kill yourselves
Driver (Former Employee), Glen willow ohioJune 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Managment
Horrible place to work for.... have managers with no knowledge of the transportation industry your schedule changes every day they lie about your routes absolutely no overtime and they play favorites in the office if you want a job where your miserable everyday then this is for you.
not a good experience
driver (Former Employee), sacramentoJune 19, 2015
Pros: good paid
Cons: bad management
Management was terrible,lack of comunication with drivers.No appreciation at all you work your a**off and they will never give u any recognition,but dont dare make the smallest mistake cause they will write you up or terminate you on the spot..You work long hours and drive long....over all i had bad experience there..
Struggling Work/Life Balance
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2015
The transportation department is a learning process and the company does not deem it necessary to keep the department fully staffed.
picker, good money potential long long hours in summer.
warehouse picker (Former Employee), salt lake cityJune 17, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: way to many hours.
During summer I was working 60 70 hour work weeks with 5 days working. They had told me some overtime but it wouldn't be alot. 18hr-15hr work days was the average.
Warehouse (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJune 17, 2015
At Core-Mark, everyone is constantly moving, picking up the pace so one is not backed up and the line is at a constant flow. I learned how to pick and pull items. Management was kind and always makes sure – more... that safety is our main focus. Co-workers were lovely, they were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job would be the job itself, it does get easier though with locating one item surrounded by multiple items. – less
Good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJune 3, 2015
Cons: Hours somewhat inflexible.
Gained a variety of useful knowledge involving warehouse management and how data systems are used to organize product, with useful benefits.
Needs to work on comunication between departments
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 20, 2015
Pros: lagoon day
Cons: lack of appreciation
I enjoyed the position as a merchandiser, but became frustrated with the lack of communication between departments that was effecting my job duties.
Stable but no opportunity for advancement
Order Puller (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 19, 2015
Pros: annual summer employee appreciation
Cons: long hours, gossip like high school, management is terrible and gossip
Easy work for those with limited skillset but no room for advancement unless you kiss butt. Management is beyond unprofessional, no work ethic, and management allows gossip.
Would not recommend no one to work here
Order Selector (Former Employee), Tampa,FlMay 12, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: No teamwork
Interview is not promising,,,they tell you it's a team work company and its not,,,.if you not fast enough pulling orders management,supervisor will stand behind you watching you and telling you,,you not – more... fast enough need to speed up,if not they stay in office checking your speed on their computer if not fast they speak out on intercom you behind speed it up etc,,one employee was sent home thru the intercom for not being fast,,,theirs is no team work management,supervisor will not let no one help each other,if you finished you leave,leaving the employees next to you and next to them on their own instead off working as a team, emplyees who finished their work and put in their hours cant leave unless they find the management,supervisor first and ask them if you can leave if no management,supervisor will send them to clean up someone else messy area,,which it's not right,,its their mess they need to clean up their own mess up before they leave early and not have other emplyee clean someone elses messy area,,,a good company but management,supervisor not what expected off their position. – less
Drivers are great
Area Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 12, 2015
Pros: No supervision
Cons: When management does get involved they do not know what they are talking about.
The Management staff is not worth much, if you upset them and you get on there bad list the will find or make up stuff to get rid of you.
Great group of associates to work with
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great associates
Cons: Salary and Training
* Typical day > Verify the days volume to be shipped.
> Place associates in work zones to balance the work load and ensure a smooth flow.
> Validate associate – more... time for payroll
> Verify dispatch times for trucks to leave as well as customer routes.
> Work with Inventory control to correct inventory issues
> Meet with 1st shift Management to discuss potential issues that could impact customer service.
* What I learned > There is no substitute for training and associate correctly
* Management > The team was very knowledgeable but had an I mentality
* Co-Workers > Vast knowledge from previous jobs, but training was not important
* Hardest part of the job > The lack of teamwork and the I mentality
* Most enjoyable part > working with the associate and the success that came from the hard work and teamwork of the associates – less
Great Place to work depending on your territory manager
merchandiser (Former Employee), San Diego CaliforniaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Stability
Cons: Bad Management
I worked for coremark for a little over a year it was a great place to work especially for me that i knew the field, but there where some hiccups mainly with sales and management it is corporate but a – more... lot of the older employees abuse the rules and takes advantage of the policy which makes it really difficult for the new employees as they are always getting accused of things that they might not even know there's little communication with management. coremarkis big company and and good company to work for just always document and protect yourself. – less
Leadership is questionable at best
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Small company mentality and try to provide a family environment
Cons: Low pay
Continuous turnover and the culture is very inconsistent. The only constant is the Division Vice President. The leadership team has all been replaced at least once in the year that I was there. Does not provide employees the tools they need for success.
It is retail
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
The infrastructure has not kept up with the growth of the business. Re-evaluation is necessary at this time. It could be a lot of fun with some minor changes.
Not well run
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Leitchfield KyMarch 5, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything else
This is one of the worst run places I've ever worked.The company is schizophrenic on many issues.We are always pushed to get higher production but can't get forty hours a week. The company puts off routine – more... maintenance and cleaning as long as possible.Employees never get raises.Not a place I would recommend to anyone. Most employees are young people on their first job or older people who feel they can't do any better. – less
nice work place
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Sanford, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: not a whole lot
Cons: no breaks, no vacation, no sick days.no lunches.
busy! I learned to be more patient. not managed very well.co-workers for the most part are nice people. a lot of writing. the people I've met.

1 2 3

About Core-Mark

Core-Mark is pioneering the delivery of fresh food to the convenience store industry. Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers – Read more

Core-Mark Photos

Core-Mark employees across the United States and Canada.