Core-Mark Employee Reviews

division has poor employee morale in general
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Division HeadquartersMarch 15, 2016
Only good compensation factor is insurance program---pay is on the low side; management talks a good game but favoritism is prevalent. Management has their "favorites" who can do no wrong---a double standard exists for managers versus warehouse employees.
Pros
insurance
Cons
favoritism and "socializing"
Beware
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 11, 2016
If you are perfect & never make "a" mistake, this is the job for you!!
Make one mistake (with no proof) that you did it, they're showing you the door! In the meantime, if you sign up for direct deposit......don't hold your breath for that one, It takes months. Also, I signed for Geisinger medical ins. & they send me United healthcare cards!
Plus, they also put the wrong social security number on my W-2!!!
They pay horrible too!!! Don't expect to support a family or pay rent with your paycheck from them!!
Pros
The best co-workers around
Cons
Lousy pay, No job security here
productive, long hours, unorganized
Order Selector Forklift Operator full case (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 18, 2016
morning work meeting on how our production an what they expect that day, shortage of equipment an not enough employees,

electric pallet jack, reach lift an full case

management was unorganized, unprofessional at some times an never really worried about their employees

hard working guys, fun an easy to get along with

having to work in a cooler/ freezer

when fully staffed an everything organized
Pros
reward points for doing good an the points can be used at a wedsite to get free things
Cons
understaff, long work hour, short breakes
Great place to work if you want to move around
Product Category Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 16, 2015
This is a good company. Some people in middle management make it unbearable. Working in a division and territory where performance is terrific makes for a workplace where many who aren't keeping up their end of the bargain are allowed to skate to avoid "rocking the boat". To often good employees are overlooked or muted due to higher management (read:older) being intimidated by new policies and technologies.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor middle managers, no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate often
Fun place to work. Can make good money.
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Core-Mark aminsley. What I disliked was the management wasn't efficient, and for the most part you could say they were pretty unorganized. Besides that the job itself was a great experience.
Pros
Great company, benefits, pay, customers, breaks
Benefit Pkg Good. The rest...not so much
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, AROctober 6, 2015
Division management has lost focus and it is scary. Employees and customers are no longer of importance unless you are of benefit to upper management at the moment. The rules change daily. It is not the same great company to work for that it once was or had the reputation to be.
Pros
If you only need a good benefit package...this is the place.
Cons
Employees are not valued, do not have job security or a life outside of work.
work
Loader / Relief Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2016
A work day always waiting for trucks then running all night to get done as fast as possible when they did get there. Management tried to know what was going on but never did and all
ways asked why the truck where not here like we should have none the answer to that. The people there where nice but didn't really work vary well together just how the building and process was laid out was not to good. Hared part about the job where the hours you work and how much over time you have to put in.
Corporate HR
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2016
Corporate HR is a extremely disorganized, especially in the past eight months. There is no support, communication and an uncomfortable relationship with corporate HR. There is no advising or assisting the field. The new leadership in HR is more disorganized than ever. There seems to be a lack of HR knowledge, communication and the inability to build relationships with employees and the divisions. Building relationships at Core-Mark is the key to the a thriving culture. Leadership in HR has serious relationship building problems.The leadership doesn't know how to properly communicate and build the morale needed to sustain employees.

Uncomfortable communication with Corporate HR. and many of the division are not happy about the changes, lack of communication and leadership. Hopefully, much needed changes are coming soon as 2016 is half over and attrition and morale is worse than ever,.

I would recommend not taking a job at Corporate HR unless personal changes are made.
Pros
Some very nice people
Cons
Bad managment
Strong back needed
Merchandiser for three Terrible's store locally (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 4, 2015
If you want to work hard for long hours and low pay, this is the job for you.

Product is delivered in a usable way and usually in good condition. Time allowed for merchandising is almost adequate.

Expect to spend more than 10hrs per day during the first year as the momentum and stride take time to develop.

My chiropractor was well paid while I held this position.
Pros
People are friendly and helpful
Cons
long hours, low pay
A company that truly does not respect their employees
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
Absolutely by far the most unethical mgmt. I have worked for. All levels of mgmt. inept and flat out don't give a darn.After 8 yrs. found very sneaky way of terminating me just because I was vocal about their obvious problems. Terrible human resource department. Believe when I say this company is exactly why unions exist, there are so many things they would not be getting away with especially here in San Antonio,Tx where employers can pretty much fire you for anything. Rotten to the core.
Pros
very little but do have good benefits
Cons
poor mgmt. down right unethical
Run as fast as you can
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2016
Tampa divison needs a serious adjustment to management. They are constantly hiring. Very high turnover rate. No one from the office staff has been there more than a year. Office clicks...rude...talk anout you behinf your back. There benefit package is freat2 if u make it thru ur probationary period other than than. From Division President to Accounts Payble Leas to Customer Service Lead....need to be fired.
Pros
Free food and snacks during open house.
Cons
Management and attendance
Distrubution warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 24, 2015
Long hours and poor management. They offer overtime but send u home early at the end of week. Great safety practice and proper training.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Over worked employees and not willing to make changes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 29, 2016
The atmosphere at Core-Mark is non conducive to a family working man. The warehouse issues go unaddressed and continue to get worse. There is no regard for the safety and well being of the drivers unless the equipment fails and then the blame is place on the driver.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Unsafe equipment, warehouse disorganized and unaccountable.
Great group of associates to work with
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 6, 2015
* Typical day > Verify the days volume to be shipped.
> Place associates in work zones to balance the work load and ensure a smooth flow.
> Validate associate time for payroll
> Verify dispatch times for trucks to leave as well as customer routes.
> Work with Inventory control to correct inventory issues
> Meet with 1st shift Management to discuss potential issues that could impact customer service.
* What I learned > There is no substitute for training and associate correctly
* Management > The team was very knowledgeable but had an I mentality
* Co-Workers > Vast knowledge from previous jobs, but training was not important
* Hardest part of the job > The lack of teamwork and the I mentality
* Most enjoyable part > working with the associate and the success that came from the hard work and teamwork of the associates
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Salary and Training
Enjoyed working with my customers
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARNovember 29, 2015
Core-Mark upper management is bottom line oriented period. They do not offer support for the sales team. Customer service comes last when compared to profits. My territory manager was always supportive of his sales team to the corporate office.
Nice coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 15, 2016
Don't expect to support your family on the pay from here. Oh, and if you sign up for direct deposit......it take months. Also, when you sign up for medical insurance, they can't even get that right, they gave me a different company than I signed up for. Plus, My W-2 had the wrong Social Security number on it!!
Pros
Coworkers were very helpful
Cons
Low pay, No future
Stable but no opportunity for advancement
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 19, 2015
Easy work for those with limited skillset but no room for advancement unless you kiss butt. Management is beyond unprofessional, no work ethic, and management allows gossip.
Pros
annual summer employee appreciation
Cons
long hours, gossip like high school, management is terrible and gossip
Office cliques and politics will have you hating your job
Account Assistant/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2015
My job description and responsibilities were constantly changing. My two supervisors would get called out for work not being complete and place blame on me when they were both giving me instructions to do two completely different jobs. In the customer service department I was singled out, placed blame on, and gossiped about because I was the only white woman working among all black women and even though other people in the office knew this was happening nobody would stick their neck out and risk their job to defend me. The office cliques were horrible. Everyone gossiped and talked badly about everyone. You couldn't trust anyone with anything. I really enjoyed the actual work but the office atmosphere was incredibly difficult to handle.
Cons
Coworkers, gossip, high school behavior, no help
fdvdff
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 7, 2016
Good company. Like my co workers. Good pay. Lack of communication. A lot of driving. No real connection with home office. Convenience industry is not the greatest. People can be awful and disrespectful. Great opportunities to advance.
Great company benefits
HUMAN RESOURCE REP (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARAugust 30, 2015
great company benefits 401 k sick time vacation time health benefits, life insurance, company picnic. Poor management and communication skills!!!

2.9