Core-Mark Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Run as fast as you can
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 8, 2016
Pros: Free food and snacks during open house.
Cons: Management and attendance
Tampa divison needs a serious adjustment to management. They are constantly hiring. Very high turnover rate. No one from the office staff has been there more than a year. Office clicks...rude...talk anout you behinf your back. There benefit package is freat2 if u make it thru ur probationary period other than than. From Division President to Accounts Payble Leas to Customer Service Lead....need to be fired.
Nice coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Coworkers were very helpful
Cons: Low pay, No future
Don't expect to support your family on the pay from here. Oh, and if you sign up for direct deposit......it take months. Also, when you sign up for medical insurance, they can't even get that right, they gave me a different company than I signed up for. Plus, My W-2 had the wrong Social Security number on it!!
Beware
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 11, 2016
Pros: The best co-workers around
Cons: Lousy pay, No job security here
If you are perfect & never make "a" mistake, this is the job for you!!
Make one mistake (with no proof) that you did it, they're showing you the door! In the meantime, if you sign up for direct deposit......don't hold your breath for that one, It takes months. Also, I signed for Geisinger medical ins. & they send me United healthcare cards!
Plus, they also put the wrong social security number on my W-2!!!
They pay horrible too!!! Don't expect to support a family or pay rent with your paycheck from them!!
driver
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2016
it was a good company to work for. I had one of the best boss`s u could have asked for just a all around good caring person. All the people were that in the warehouse where willing to help you if there was a problem as well. Thank you guy`s
productive, long hours, unorganized
Order Selector Forklift Operator full case (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: reward points for doing good an the points can be used at a wedsite to get free things
Cons: understaff, long work hour, short breakes
morning work meeting on how our production an what they expect that day, shortage of equipment an not enough employees,

electric pallet jack, reach lift an full case

management was unorganized, unprofessional at some times an never really worried about their employees

hard working guys, fun an easy to get along with

having to work in a cooler/ freezer

when fully staffed an everything organized
work
Loader / Relief Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2016
A work day always waiting for trucks then running all night to get done as fast as possible when they did get there. Management tried to know what was going on but never did and all
ways asked why the truck where not here like we should have none the answer to that. The people there where nice but didn't really work vary well together just how the building and process was laid out was not to good. Hared part about the job where the hours you work and how much over time you have to put in.
Great for independent workers that need little supervision
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Corona, CADecember 29, 2015
Pros: Doing your route and taking ownership in your accounts
Cons: The miles you put on your vehicle
You have your territory and are responsible for everything within that territory. It is fun to meet and build relationships with all the different accounts.
Strong back needed
Merchandiser for three Terrible's store locally (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 4, 2015
Pros: People are friendly and helpful
Cons: long hours, low pay
If you want to work hard for long hours and low pay, this is the job for you.

Product is delivered in a usable way and usually in good condition. Time allowed for merchandising is almost adequate.

Expect to spend more than 10hrs per day during the first year as the momentum and stride take time to develop.

My chiropractor was well paid while I held this position.
Fun place to work. Can make good money.
Freight Handler (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 29, 2015
Pros: Great company, benefits, pay, customers, breaks
Cons: Management
I enjoyed my time at Core-Mark aminsley. What I disliked was the management wasn't efficient, and for the most part you could say they were pretty unorganized. Besides that the job itself was a great experience.
Enjoyed working with my customers
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee), Forrest City, ARNovember 29, 2015
Core-Mark upper management is bottom line oriented period. They do not offer support for the sales team. Customer service comes last when compared to profits. My territory manager was always supportive of his sales team to the corporate office.
Poor Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Forrest City, ARNovember 18, 2015
Pros: No weekends
Cons: Pay, Management
I wouldn't waste my time. Management lies and all they care about is getting the truck unloaded. They didn't care if the driver ran over driving time or nothing.
Benefit Pkg Good. The rest...not so much
Anonymous (Former Employee), Forrest City, AROctober 6, 2015
Pros: If you only need a good benefit package...this is the place.
Cons: Employees are not valued, do not have job security or a life outside of work.
Division management has lost focus and it is scary. Employees and customers are no longer of importance unless you are of benefit to upper management at the moment. The rules change daily. It is not the same great company to work for that it once was or had the reputation to be.
Office cliques and politics will have you hating your job
Account Assistant/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2015
Cons: Coworkers, gossip, high school behavior, no help
My job description and responsibilities were constantly changing. My two supervisors would get called out for work not being complete and place blame on me when they were both giving me instructions to do two completely different jobs. In the customer service department I was singled out, placed blame on, and gossiped about because I was the only white woman working among all black women and even though other people in the office knew this was happening nobody would stick their neck out and risk their job to defend me. The office cliques were horrible. Everyone gossiped and talked badly about everyone. You couldn't trust anyone with anything. I really enjoyed the actual work but the office atmosphere was incredibly difficult to handle.
Good people bad people model
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Employees, President and Sales Staff
Cons: Ops Managers, Warehouse managers not in touch with workers
Any excellent work force, president and sales staff.

Production employees.
Nightly shift start at 2pm and will continue until completed sometimes at 11pm to as late as 3am the following morning 6 days a week. There is very little time off. You will work all holidays except Christmas but back to work the next day. Time off is given on limited basis since the is no backup staffing. In other words you will work all holidays and all nightly shifts. One or three call-offs and you can expect to work into the next morning.
Distrubution warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Health Insurance
Cons: long hours
Long hours and poor management. They offer overtime but send u home early at the end of week. Great safety practice and proper training.
Early start with organized agenda
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNAugust 31, 2015
Core Mark is a good company to work for. Employment is very stable. The pay and benefits are great. The assignments are well organized.
Great company benefits
HUMAN RESOURCE REP (Former Employee), Forrest City, ARAugust 30, 2015
great company benefits 401 k sick time vacation time health benefits, life insurance, company picnic. Poor management and communication skills!!!
fast paced fun environment to work in
Transportation Router/Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Freedom to work without someone over your shoulder constantly
Cons: Poor Leadership and vision
My workday consists of monitoring drivers out on routes, ensuring adherence to company and dot rules/regulations. Routing orders for specific delivery day/times. Notating and researching any merchandise shortages from our daily deliveries. Reviewing returning drivers paperwork ensuring adherence to core-mark delivery process and procedures and addressing/coaching on any variations in our delivery process. I create the schedules for daily deliveries allocating/reallocating drivers on an as needed basis and confirm with the drivers, their next days assignment in regards to which route they will be on, the length of the route and when their route departs. I also train/coach drivers on any issues or concerns.
Constant monitoring of our fleet of tractors and trailers scheduling any noted issues for repair immediately upon notification of equipment issues.
Great place to work if you want to move around
Product Category Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Poor middle managers, no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate often
This is a good company. Some people in middle management make it unbearable. Working in a division and territory where performance is terrific makes for a workplace where many who aren't keeping up their end of the bargain are allowed to skate to avoid "rocking the boat". To often good employees are overlooked or muted due to higher management (read:older) being intimidated by new policies and technologies.
It was a really nice place to work at. It was temporary because the lady I was covering for was out on medical leave and came back.
Human Resources Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
It was an interesting place to work for. I learned about how important it is for all the paperwork to be done on time. It was very important for me to talk to all the employees and help them with any questions they had.