Core-Mark International Employee Reviews in Canada

Management who are controlling abusers who do not display any of the companies values!
Office (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 23, 2016
Senior Management are unqualified and not able to communicate, unwilling to listen and lack of understanding of what employees actually do in their positions!

No concern or compassion for employees seem to forget employees are what make the company and their greatest assets not attending meetings and staring at spreadsheets all day!!!

Pay is way under market and not valued for office staff unless your management!
no incentives, discriminatory environment. only for whites
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  milton, ontarioJuly 6, 2015
no proper training
salary does not increase after first 10 months
very dirty for a food distributor
supervisors, team leads very irresponsible not professional
manager works hard to make it happen but junior team sucks and pathetic.Can't even drive equipment properly
Not a good strategic plan to run the place
always short staffed making current staff work like donkeys
politics to the extreme
everyone backstabbing each other at workplace
too many crybabys
no unity in staff
Pros
good manager
Cons
bad junior management staff
Core-Mark
CSR (Current Employee) –  Milton ONMarch 18, 2015
Great company. Emphasis on team work and organization.
Fast-paced and ever changing work environment. Must be adaptable and will to embrace change.
Un-organized
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONDecember 5, 2012
Application made for a Fleet manager/safety position. After 2 interviews, have heard nothing in almost 2 months. Very un-professional.
There was very little employee assistance
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 4, 2012
I had issues getting help when equipment was not working and the truck drivers were not given correct delivery schedules making my job more difficult.
Pros
the pay was good, my manager lily was awesome until she was replaced by someone not as qualified
Cons
new management not very accessible, the drivers were late a lot, made customers very upset
Company Evaluation Summary
Order Selector, warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaMay 14, 2012
Core-Mark was a fine company since it first started in 1888. Its main objective is to service the convenience industry. I had worked in its Calgary warehouse for nine years. I was growing frustrated because there were very little chances of career advancements. I was on the seniority list for five years. It was after I witnessed three junior members being promoted pass me that I decided to leave this dead end job. The pay was good. The working conditions were acceptable. However there were lack of communications between management and the staff.