Coral Beach Farms Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace, Good people
Cherry Picker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 August 2017
Wake up at 3-4 AM, pick cherries (while the sun is still low in the sky) from 5AM-12/2PM. Sometimes hard to make good money but an overall potential to make much more money than you would in a minimum wage job. After work, everyone goes down to the beach and swims all afternoon
Highly recommend!
Cherry Picker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC1 February 2017
Coral Beach is the perfect company for your first year of picking or if you've been at it for years. Coral Beach has amazing facilities for the pickers and is in a beautiful location next to lake Okanagan! You wake up at as early as 4am, make breakfast and either walk to you area of the orchard or wait for the bus. Your team leader will show you to your row and you get picking! On average you only pick until around 1:30pm. It gets to hot during midday to keep you outside in the sun. That means you get the rest of the day off to go swimming and shopping or whatever your heart desires! The workplace culture is like any contract work out there. Lots of amazing people from all over the world coming together and having a blast in the summer sun! Be sure to bring an open mind and an open heart. Also a good tent and something to sleep on. It doesn't rain often in the south but when it does its torrential. You do have to buy and cook your own food, but Coral Beach does supply you with a expansive kitchen and dining room; a massive fridge, showers, laundry room and TV room with the largest stack of VHS movies I've seen. Theres also wifi so you can watch movies online and contact family. The hardest part of the job would be the hauling of your ladder all day and the cardio associated with that. Like any contract work, being somewhat physically fit gives you an advantage. It is easier than tree planting though so don't worry! also if it rains or its too hot. You don't pick! Because it is a crop, weather plays a heavy role in making money. Guaranteed you will have the time of your life  more... and make incredible friends from all walks of life.  less
Pros
Friends, Adventure, Working outside, Great pay
Cons
Early waking hours, Hot working temps, Weather dependent
Super friendly and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC24 October 2016
Typical day I would set up my department for my workers and turn on the machines and lay out mats and after I would supervise my workers and help out and fix problems. Hardest part was when machines would break down and when that happens, I would radio in the managers. I learned how to be a leader and develop my cognitive side also problem solve. The enjoyable part was meeting new people from different parts of the world.
Pros
free dinners after overtime
Cons
steel toe boots getting dirty
Great Opportunity to make good monery in a short period.
Cherry Swamper (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC19 February 2016
A wonderfully way to spend your summer, Coral Beach Farms is a unique experience for anyone willing to take a break from their regular life.

The work is hard, and the hours are long, but you'll fall asleep each day with a satisfaction that only comes through good work.

The Picker Camp is filled with enthusiastic young adults, and while it may have management issues with upkeep and regulation, it makes up for it with the life-long friends that you'll find.
Pros
Fresh Air. Comradery, Exersice
Cons
Long Hours, Endurance required
Excellent
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Okanagan Valley BC Canada30 July 2014
Great place to work. Long intensive hours that almost never seem to end until its all over and you want to go back and do it all over again. Worst part of the job is the industry agriculture isn't for everyone but those who love it do well!
Cherry Production Plant with Orchard
Lake Country BC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, British Columbia12 November 2013
I typical day of work was operating various machines in the process of processing of large quantities of cherries to be packaged and shipped off. There employees were mostly Mexican and could not speak english.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people from all over the world
Cons
At times it is hard to communicate with people because of the language barrier
Coral Beach Farms
Box Filling (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC21 October 2013
Water bottles weren't allowed in the work area which resulted in dehydration. A typical work date would be different each time during when we start to when we end depending on how many bins of cherries that needs to be sent out. I learned how to sort the bad cherries and how to properly wrap a box. Co-workers were quite friendly and made a few friends with a couple co-workers and supervisors. The hardest part of the job was that we weren't allowed to bring water into the plant which resulted into dehydration. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
No water
Seasonal job with long hours
Accounts Payable/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC17 September 2013
Lots of work and long hours, but friendly staff and a fun enviroment. Enjoyed always being busy.