Cora Employee Reviews

Cora's Breakfast and Lunch
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers, working at Cora's with the people I worked with and met was a great experience. With every experience you can definitely take some positives and negatives and become better person and employee for my next experience
Fantastic Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2018
Working at Cora's is an awesome experience, has a very positive atmosphere with a very supportive and helpful staff. Team skills are apparent in the staff as we work together to give our customers the best service possible. The fast-paced environment was a fast adjustment. Overall Cora's has helped me as develop not only a worker but as a person as well.
Pros
Cheerful environment, Discounts, Hours
Cons
Fast Pace
I worked here with my father for a short while, good environment and fun work experience
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
All I did was clean tables and help customers with some demands such as water or getting the waiters attention. Other than that I swept and did other small tasks.
Pros
Some free food
Cons
Unfortunate place to work with little benefits
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)

Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it.

You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
Franchise owner filed bankruptcy, I wasn't paid
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON16 December 2017
It overall was an okay job with steady hours, though when the location I worked at suddenly closed, I didn't receive any pay for three weeks of work. Because the franchisee filed bankruptcy the labor board couldn't recover anything for me, and Cora as a company washed their hands of any responsibility. I was owed something around $1700 and basically spent most of a month working for free. I will never again step into a Cora.
Pros
Good daytime hours
fun workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2017
management was really helpful and welcome to train. the hardest part of the job was when it was closing time and an individual will walk in 5 minutes till when we close.
Great place for someone new to cooking.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2017
this was great place to learn organization in the kitchen, its very fast paced and pushes you to think on the fly. i would recommend any new cook to work at a coras.
Fun place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 November 2017
Coras is great to work at, they have great hours and great food! Everyone seems to really enjoy going there to eat so it can get very busy, but it could also have its slow days
Pros
regulars
Cons
early mornings
would not recommend working there. poor management
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 November 2017
I started working there in September 2015 it was wonderful at first. When business sold in August 2017 new management had no idea how to run restaurant. Also discovered servers were being deducted a half hour off time but not allowed too take the break.
The hours of the business are perfect loved early morning shift and enjoyed all my regular guests then in November management decided as a business decision too terminate myself and another coworker.
Teaching the value of good team work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
Mostly always busy, really keeps you on your toes. Deal with customers always with a bright smile as well as an understanding and patient mind set.
Its difficult to watch your team and your section without loosing track of one or the other and for being awesome thank you management.
Doing your job correctly and without grief helps the team, don't ever expect help when you cannot help yourself.
productive and fun work place.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cora’s!
Very friendly staff and easy to work with, everyone got along well. Management was very professional and kept up to date with employers. They made sure we felt safe and always made sure that the employees were happy and content.
Fast paced and keeps you busy, may bee to hard on your feet if you're not use to it. Being in good health is a must!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard on the feet
Great Corporate Restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 November 2017
Management was fair with its employees. They also were not pushovers. As a cook you really can't beat the hours. The latest you were done was 4:00pm on an extremely late day.
fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2017
it was a fun place to work at the people there treated you like a family. food was good as well gave you enough to take home and have it later if you wanted to,
Great place to gain culinary skills and past paced working environment skills.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 September 2017
My time at Cora Breakfast & Lunch has been a great learning experience, from the time I started when I was just in high school to my last day just recently this July. The people were amazing and full of energy, and it was a great time working with them.
Pros
Free lunches, short busy work days.
Cons
Often short staffed
Fast past workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.
Pros
60% off on means
Cons
Tiring
At work
Expo (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2017
At Coras I've learned so many things in the past few years I went from being a hostess to expo and even did a little serving.i enjoyed my years there but I don't enjoy the environment I was supposed to have. Coras will forever have a place in my heart and the people
Pros
People
Very productive & Fast paced
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
The overall work experience was ok. Its very fast paced especially on the weekends. The only bad part was my co-workers. They were selfish & rude. Well only one of them.
Decent job
Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2017
Minimum wage, however the boss is demanding especially when I was injured. Worked minimal hours and decently relaxing job for the most part. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast, Free smoothies.
Cons
Short hours
Healthy workplace
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2017
Working at Cora's has let me develop and improve my passion for cooking. This experience educated me on how to work in a clean environment. My exposure to various dishes that I was previously not aware of letting me expand my passion at home.
Pros
Gained knowledge, exposure to different types of food
Cons
Cautious around equipment, no health benefits, no job assurance
Great place to work. One of the best I would recommend
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Downtown Calgary6 July 2017
I loved working here. We had a great team and an awesome boss. Management is not bad and team work is the best. My heartfelt sadness that the owner is closing for business. I can stay here for 5 more years if can be. It was a multi cultural team but we went along well. I have learned to use my time management as this is a fast paced restaurant. Great deal of patience and common sense too. There is nothing easy , all but hard work, but it is where we can test ourselves, so yes, it is still good.
Pros
free lunch and tips
Cons
store is closing down soon