Cora Breakfast & Lunch Kelowna is seeking a General Manager for it’s newly relocated restaurant in Orchard Park Mall. Are you a positive, energetic leader that thrives in a busy fast-paced environment? Then this could be the fit for you. Never work an evening again while being part of one of Kelowna’s favorite and most unique restaurants. We are looking for the right person to help create a memorable experience for our guests and enhance our happy hard-working team culture.
The General Manager reports directly to the owners/Franchisees. Their successful performance is achieved through the overseeing of the Cora Franchise systems, methods and procedures to deliver growth in sales and profits, team morale, and guest satisfaction. You are calm under pressure, you do not settle for good enough and you are driven by happy guests, a happy team and outstanding financial results.
- Responsible for all aspects of the restaurant’s operation according to the policies, procedures and key performance indicators
- Achieve and sustain financial targets and productivity goals including number of guests, table turn, average cheque, chit times, satisfaction levels
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times, at an excellent level and manage guest concerns with empathy to find resolution
- Create and implement programs to help motivate, coach and train team members and managers
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and equipment maintenance
- Oversee staffing levels including team selection and productivity
- Calculate and analyze financial parameters and deliver as required basic accounting, payroll and other functions to ensure smooth restaurant operations
- Knowledge of systems, methods and processes that contribute to great operations in a restaurant
- Previous Management Experience required within a large volume, full-service restaurant (minimum 3 years in a management role)
- Understanding of what it means to be a brand Ambassador and how to create a positive work atmosphere
- Ability to lead, delegate and follow-up
- Ability to build a sense of teamwork
- Ability to train others to: master technical skills, serve guests with enthusiasm, sell as part of the dining experience, assert authority and make judgments
- Complete knowledge of all positions and functional areas within the restaurant
- Ability to self motivate, maintain sense of urgency, keep momentum
- Ability to set and achieve short and long-term business goals
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to learn
- Impeccable English communication skills, written and spoken. (French is an asset)
- High level of organizational skills; excellent spreadsheet skills and ability to uptake technology quickly (Excel, Custom in-house software)
- Stable job history which demonstrates upward career and salary progression
- Available to work 8am-5pm; weekends and Holidays required; evenings not required
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent working hours, rare in the industry (never work an evening again)
- A positive atmosphere and a high profile opportunity
- Meal benefits
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Competitive salary plus Performance bonus; commensurate with experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs @ Corakelowna.com. You will receive a survey back that must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted toward end of April/early May. Position begins mid to late May.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
We are one of Kelowna's most popular restaurants that is currently relocating to Orchard Park Mall and opening in May or June 2014. Join us...