Cora's Breakfast & Lunch Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2017
I was a cook while working there, I learned how to cook meat and potatoes, eggs, crepes, omelettes, calling out food orders and washing dishes.

The hardest part was cooking on a busy weekend or a holiday.

The most enjoyable part was cooking with friendly co-workers and an awesome boss.
Pros
Very clean environment, frienly people, amazing boss
Cons
Kitchen is too hot, hectic when busy
Wonderful environment, great food, busy workplace
Dishwasher/Fruiter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
I absolutely loved this opportunity though I didn't last very long. I wish I could go back in time & re-try this job.. But I still enjoyed it & learned the proper (and most efficient way) to peel & pit & cut most fruits & vegetables.
I also got to meet Cora, herself; it was amazing!
got me my start in the kitchen
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 February 2017
Amazing culinary start for a passionate cook with bigger dreams. Will help to understand the flow of a breakfast and lunch restaurant at peak hours. Has helped me decide to direction i would like to take with future breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurants.
Amazing
Host (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 January 2017
Wonderfully energetic and high-spirited co-workers with adequate training and a large amount of time to adjust to the rigors of restaurant working.
fun workplace
dish washer (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 December 2016
learned to cooperate with othet workers, most enjoyable part of the job is lunch time. all the co workers are helpful and excellent in their jobs. really delicious food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
fun place to work, fast paced with great people all around you, satisfying work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2016
Great place to work if you like that fast paced work, especially on weekends when it gets really busy. but when you work as a team you get the job done and enjoying seeing the look on the costumers face when they enjoyed the food your crew has made for them. and the friendly atmosphere.
Pros
free lunches, team work is important, no gets left alone.
great work place
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 July 2016
its a best breakfast place in Canada. I must say it has all varieties u want and everything is fresh. they have fresh fruit salads and crapes also poached eggs etc
salary is very low and no health benifits
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A place with amazing service and an enlightening place to work at!
Cashier, Host, Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2015
I got to work 10 minutes before my shift everyday so that you don't worry as much about being late, the place got busy around 11 am on saturdays, I would get to work as soon as possible and have everything organized and ready so that once it get's busy tables are ready for customers and it's not as unorganized. Learned tips and tricks to amazing customer service. Management was amazing the boss was very open to the customers, the customers felt as if they've known the boss for a long time even though they've just met him. The boss made them feel welcomed, Cora's was a very welcoming place, people walked out with smiles. Co-workers were nice and welcoming, they made the job even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job, there wasn't any, the most hardest things could get would be when it got too busy and tables were full so you had to be quick with getting tables ready for the customers because you don't want the customers to be waiting, most enjoyable part was communicating with the customers, they're all very sweet!
Productive and fun environment
Hostess, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 April 2014
Great co-workers, organized, clean and fun workplace. One of the best locations to work at is the Scarborough location.
great
Line cook and Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ont24 June 2013
It was a hard work environment, in the sense that the managers pushed you to do better and were consistently coaching you and teaching you new things.
Great atmosphere, clean environment and easy on the pocket.
Fruit and Vegetable Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 February 2013
Great atmosphere,clean environment, good people and easy on the pocket.
Pros
food quality
Cons
limited seating space
Productive and good kitchen
Kitchen Supervisor / Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 July 2012
Get you early hours of the morning preparing for the morning. Turning on all equipment. Cooking food and prepping the line for breakfast.

I have learned to work productively in a fast paced environment where orders have to be quick and accurate.

My co-workers are hard workers who are efficient and resourceful.

Hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to new menu changes.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with my c-workers.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
long hours, huge rushes