Coquitlam Centre is looking for a marketing intern extraordinaire. If you are organized, reliable, have a passion for marketing, and the ability to work in fast‐paced environment we want to meet you.
This unique hands-on opportunity will give one lucky individual the chance to work on cause marketing for "UNWRAPPED: A Charitable Night of Shopping" and other events at Coquitlam Centre. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Drafting internal and external communications
- Event planning, coordination and execution
- Securing event sponsors in print, media, food, and beverage
- Liaising with community partners and suppliers
- Resource allocation with volunteer and staff scheduling
- Web maintenance both on the website and social media
- Budget management
- Public relations
During this internship, candidates will have the opportunity to assist on other ongoing marketing projects such as the Community Cruiser program, fall and holiday marketing campaigns, in-mall advertising, and other events as they come up.
What we're looking for:
An individual who is reliable, hard-working and a team player with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and complete tasks. The individual must be available for minimum 15+ hours a week from October 1, 2013 to December 21, 2013.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge in the development of special events
- Competent in word, excel, power point
- Understanding that events are time-pressured work environments and the ability to communicate and adapt are critical
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and to manage projects and resources with minimal supervision
- Excellent online skills including knowledge of CMS tools
- Experience in retail, event planning, and management an asset.
- Must be over 19 years old and carry a valid driver's license
- Must have the ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Please apply by September 20, 2013 via email. We thank all of you in advance for your application but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.