Coppa's Fresh Market Employee Reviews

great workplace
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Coppas fresh Market. the people are great! they treat their employees really nice. its a very respectful environment. it was a great job!!
Pros
three breaks
great family atmoshphere.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 September 2017
This is a very nice place to work with a great family atmosphere.
It is a family run business so they do things very Italian style but I like it. You get a free lunch at Christmas and if you a day off work you must give them at least two weeks notice.

I have been working here since 2012 and I enjoy it very much. I like my schedule because I don't mind working late shifts.
Pros
free lunch at christmas time.
Cons
late shifts
The owners are rude, racist and discriminating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, ON12 September 2017
I have worked here for years and see it all. The way this organization operates is disgusting and disgraceful. The owners treat their employees like dogs. They do not respect their employees and this they are superior than all mankind. They are rude to their employees, constantly screaming and yelling at them in front of customers and other employees. They use threats and intimidation to control their employees. No wonder people are quitting. Some have even suggested to call the UFCW to start a union other want to call the human rights to file a complaint of harassment and discrimination. The owners need to realize that without the employees, the stores will fall a part. We can see it coming apart now and it will get worst if they continue to mistreat their employees.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Owners are rude and racist
Lots of opportunity for hard workers to advance up the chain
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
The environment at Coppa's Fresh Market is very friendly especially between employees. Theres always something to do which keeps you busy and the premises is very clean and safe which makes for an enjoyable experience. The best part in my opinion is the opportunity for employees as it is a small family run business. Anyone who works hard and shows some potential can climb their way up the ladder and find themselves in a very rewarding career not just a job.
Pros
Good clean safe environment, Friendly staff, Good guidance, Great opportunity
Cons
Very busy
Scary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  King City, ON15 May 2017
Very difficult place to work. More about making owners happy then customers. Beautiful store but the energy is way off. If it was more positive I think more people would stay. Yelling and screaming stopped many years ago.
fun work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
the workplace culture is amazing happy working here. lots of fun great employes to work wit everyone is super nice and hard working the most enjoyable part is going hime
Pros
long break
Cons
Too bureaucratic for my liking
King City, Ontario - Clerk (Former Employee) –  King City, ON2 February 2017
Don't get me wrong, the job itself is somewhat satisfying and is pretty decent in terms of part time work. It is a clean environment and the customers are generally pleasant. But the biggest issue stems from the owners. The managers are very kind and understanding, but the owners walk around like dictators trying to ensure that their machine is producing as much as possible. After my first month working (which was also marked the first month of the store being open), they decided to fire just over half of our staff obviously in order to cut costs. This caused my department (and others, as I've overheard conversations of this), to be understaffed and overworked. If you've ever worked in a place that has been understaffed, you know what it's like. They also have a really backwards policy on facial hair and other appearances, which might not be an issue for some, but if you like your appearance to be expressive of yourself, be aware that you will be censored from doing so. The owners will rarely ever speak to the lowest ranked employees face to face, and only communicate to them through management. Save the impersonal bureaucracy for a stressful office environment, not a grocery store.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Owners are pretty much dictators, Understaffed, Impersonal
Good hours
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 January 2017
Full timers receive guaranteed 40 hours per week & pay every week. Good customer service & all employees are respectful.
Pros
40 guaranteed hours per week
Cons
Breaks aren't given at resonable times
good place
Meat Wrapper/ Server (Former Employee) –  4750 dufferin street Toronto, ON4 September 2016
Good hours. Good managment
Great products great prices
lovely layout of store
i honestly miss it haha
The owner of the store always complimented the works of employees

very kind place to work!
Pros
friendly, open, exciting, fufilled
Cons
no job security at all
job for high schoolers
Customer service (Grocery) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2015
back breaking work for not alot of money.....ladders aren't too safe in the back room.... hand jacks barely work. Work is always needed to be done so job security is good.
Pros
job security
Cons
back breaking work for not alot of pay