Copart, Inc

Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible
csr (Current Employee), GeorgiaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: management
This company will put you down and make you feel like you are worth nothing.... Management has their favorites...work your but off with no appreciation!!
CoPart Direct
Senior Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), BrooklynNovember 6, 2014
Pros: relaxed vibe. family feel
Cons: vacation days because you have to be here to compete to make 75000
I have been apart of the new division of CoPart called CoPart direct since its move to Brooklyn. It is a family friendly place where all the Co workers work together and get along. Birthdays are treated like national holidays as well as management is down to earth. I have worked with the mamangement staff here for almost three years and have even left – more... for six months and came bback. A typical day at work is using tools such as Pro Quote or historical data of the previous year auction to come up with a price for a car using the condition of it.I have learned alot about CoPart and Cars as well as about my sales skills as we have been challenged by the management staff to by 30 cars a week. The management is down to earth and realistic in the views. They have a passion that makes you want to work harder and the vibe is crazy good here. My Coworkers are the Bomb.com because were a TEAM. The hardest part of CoPart is maintainging your numebers. You have to have your SKILLS up to par. The Most enjoyable reward is the feeling when you go home knowing that you gave it your all. Plus the 10% comm of what you buy is DOPE to. – less
Please Ask- Great Staff
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Will provide review upon request. Enjoy coworkers and the relationships we have developed. Management is strong and have acted as mentors.
The worse company you can work for, they have no kind of respect for their employees and always make you feel like you're walking on egg shells.
csr (Former Employee), houstonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: time off, vacations, recognitions
Management shows lots of favoritism twords their employees, in my case the office manager would tell us that if we wanted to keep our jobs we had to do some behind kissing, the GM was always being nosey wanting to know about your life and then he would go back and tell others. He was just messy. The Asst.Manager if you didn't buy him breakfast, or fed – more... him he would quickly put you to do more work and would tell you to buy him lunch, he was even sleeping with a CSR and yes she got away with a lot of stuff. No place to grow within the company if anything they would always put you down and make you feel worthless. Regional Manager could care less about what went on. The supervisor already had her favorite CSR'S and they would go out drinking and partying and of course those girls never got in trouble. I am so happy to be out of there and blessed with the new company I am with...... – less
Job security but no room for advancement into management position
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: poor management; glass ceiling
Copart has job security but aside from that you'll be stuck at a dead end job with management that is too worried about pleasing the big wigs then the workers out on the ground making the company what it is. I would not recommend this place.
Team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Martinez, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: steady hours, health benefits
Cons: computer system was out dated
I learned about salvage vehicles and tow companies. Also how it works when insurance pays you for your total vehicle. I enjoyed working for this company, I always felt I was learning new things and getting to know the other companies we worked with. The Boss and some management of the company had an open door policy, very understanding and helped with – more... any problems you may have. This company was a family in the office and helped out as a team. – less
You're selling junk cars in an awful environment
Assistant GM (Former Employee), Northwest US.June 26, 2014
Pros: co workers were always helpful
Cons: arrogant management who can't cut it elsewhere
I'll start with the only good part of working here. Your co workers are always helpful.

The bad includes 10-12 hour days, overworked and understaffed, arrogant regional managers who take pride in belittling staff and selling junk cars. The office air conditioning did not work during summer and as a manager, I tried getting HQ to fix it to no avail.

If – more... you are desperate for a job, try pole dancing instead. It is more respectful – less
Busy and demanding work place.
C.S.R (Current Employee), San Martin, CAJune 16, 2014
A typical day consists of answering phone calls to assist customers in a variety of requests. Calling owners of wrecked cars to arrange pickups for our insurance sellers. Running dmv printouts to process vehicle titles for the purpose of placing the unit on an auction. Reviewing reports to deligate work to the appropriate parties. Entering customer – more... payments for vehicles purchased. Reviewing sale walk-thrus for the purpose of error control. I will work very close and personally with my co-workers and customers. The hardes part of the job at times is time management. It can feel like there are not enough hours in a work day at times. The best part of the work day is the satisfaction I feel for my production and quality of work. My managers are pleasant to be around and easy to work for, and my co-workers are pleasant as-well. – less
The worst company I ever worked
IT contractor (Former Employee), Dallas,TXJune 5, 2014
I did not want to give even one star but thats the only option I had.I worked in the Dallas office in the IT division as a programmer(contractor).This is a horrible company to work for.My wife was pregnant and I had to take off certain times due to her doctor consultation because she was close to delivery.I have not seen a worst individual like the – more... IT manager who works here.He did not respond to my time off requests through emails.They treat you as non-worthy even though you hard work for them.They don't care for family values and don't respect them either.I have worked for many other companies which are wonderful.Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company! They're good only to sell junk cars. – less
Great company if you are on the right team.
Director of sales (Current Employee), Brooklyn nyMay 18, 2014
Pros: strong financials, continuous growth foreign and domestically, the big corporate heads in dallas see passion and drive and reward those who try love the company.
The CEO and other C status execs have a vision. They're bright and have been very successful so far..... I am well taken care and I know the future will only be brighter. I'm left alone and I have a team of 75 and no one micromanaged. It allows to not be afraid to try different ways to make the place.
Better, theres a very family / team type of environment.
Schedule flexibility
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: good if you work well independently from others
Cons: not much opportunity for advancement
Come in at 3 in the afternoon, run reports check emails on current issues , problems and maintenance. Collect, record and analyze data to be escalated or resolved.
fun place to work outdoors
Yard Agent (Former Employee), China Grove, NCMay 3, 2014
great place to work to break up the mundane. Meet people from all walks of life and great opportunities to advance. Would gladly go back to work here but needed more money.

July 31, 2014

Thanks for the great review! I did want to comment on your statement about the reason you left the company (more money) as it's important to us that our employees know that there are all kinds of career advancement opportunities that can help improve your skills and earning level. I hope that you'll register at our career site (http://ww2.copart.com/Content/US/EN/CareersatCopart) so we can notify you when opportunities fitting your likes and needs open up. You can be one of the first to be notified about new job postings, and we give preference to former employees who have left in good standing. Thanks for your contributions to the team during your time with Copart and best wishes for success in the future. Rory Seidens Vice President, Human Resources Copart, Inc.

Copart (Hire to FIRE)
Loader (Former Employee), Orlando,FlApril 22, 2014
Pros: you have a temporary job
Cons: fired so unexpectedly
This company cares nothing for the employees from the GM down to the yard agent. Supervisors get blamed for everything and fired when things don't go right...Your days are numbered with this company. Watch your back :(
Horrible Company
Title Clerk (Former Employee), OhioMarch 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: terrible management with no structure.
Even if I was pan-handling I'd never work for this company again. The years I put in and all the knowledge I had were trampled on by a high schooler that had zero management experience before being promoted to the position. As long as you tell management what they want hear and kiss a** you'll easily get ahead. But, almost any self respecting person – more... would never be able to stoop to that level. It's very re assuring that I was never reprimanded until this new manager took over then all of a sudden I have no clue what I'm doing. Funny stuff. I've since moved on to bigger and better things but, if you want to be seriously over worked and over stressed with no management support what so ever please apply! – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Dispatcher/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waldorf, MarylandMarch 3, 2014
Cons: healthcare
Answering Phones, executing problems, managing payroll, and scheduling pick up and drop off of up to 100 vehicles for Insurance and donation companies.
Very Demanding Company
Logistics Contractor (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: not an employee friendly company
Not a very friendly place to work. People did not talk to each other, very demanding company
Good work environment
Buyers Services Representative (Current Employee), Eldridge, IANovember 30, 2013
Great place to work, very relaxed and fun. The management staff are very flexible and create a place you want to go to work at.
Demanding organization undergoing regional managment change without a change agent
Yard Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor upper management; low pay for position demands; long hours
A typical day at Copart consisted of taskings which changed day to day due to unstable management. The day consisted of dealing with both internal and external stakeholders which was compounded by the organizational changes. My day consisted of large amounts of paperwork, internal/external communication, field supervision on 14 full time employees, – more... procurement, maintenance, facilities management, vendor relationship building, and extensive auditing.
I learned quite a bit about balancing time constraints versus priority. Further I learned how to manage employees as well as how to effectively perform HR processes such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, corrective anction and termination. I learned the value of haveing a defined mission statement and organizational vision versus not having these statements in place.
I personally developed in to a well rounded manager. There were managers within the organization of which I took example of and knowledge from, but there were those as well that should have not been involved in the management of the orgainzational processes, especially toward the end of my time there.
My co-workers were all wonderful and looked forward to being a part of the team. All team members, especially my direct subordinates and those in other departments were all willing to do what was necessary to succeed. THe problem at the facility was related directly to management, upper management that is.
The hardest part of this job was the continual turmoil created by change. One upper manager would put certain processes in to motion and another manager would come and stop those processes and insert their own. Nothing was ever set in stone and this became disheartening not only to myself, but also my team, because the continual change effected our ability to perform our duties and for me to effectively train and manage my employees.
The most enjoyable part of this position was the continual customer relationship building that I was apart of. On a daily basis I was in a position to help customers, and other stakeholders. I worked with a variety of vendors, buyers, sellers, consumers, and I can forget the employees who were my customers as well, in order to address any issues which the may have encountered. – less
Needs Improvement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Martinez, CAOctober 30, 2013
Company could be great. Management needs lots of improvement.
Knowledgable company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: some customers
Very enjoyable company to work for. Friendly and helpful management team. Sometimes there are difficult to please customer to deal with but that will happen with any job. Best coworkers ever.

1 2 3