Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Fast paced and pressure filled environment
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FL9 December 2016
A typical work day includes operating a loader to transport vehicles that are on the property to trucks that will be leaving the property. The transportation of vehicles off of the property includes paperwork and invoices that have to be signed and then given to the appropriate departments. At the end of the day before leaving loaders are expected to fueling and cleaning the loaders and also putting in maintenance request for the loaders if necessary. The hardest part of the job is making sure the vehicles that is being requested on the paperwork is the correct vehicle that is being put on the loader and given to the truck drivers to transport off the property. I have learned how better multi-task under pressure and handle frustrating situations. When it comes to the management I feel that there is a lack of professionalism; proper training protocols do not always take place and workers are thrown into situations that could possibly set them up for failure.
Pros
Gift card incentives, lunch catered sometimes
Cons
health care, promotions, compensation
Worst management ever had in any job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 August 2016
The job in itself was great,it was the management who ruin it. . Management don't look after staff, have no people skills and won't help you. high staff turnover, very low pay. They make you stay over your contracted hours and won't let you go home at night, won't replace staff when leave, workloads are too high for staff ratio. General negative attitude never any praise. Deceptive of the term 'flexi hours' are told only flexed up to full time during busy periods, this yard is busy all year round, so are permanently flexed up, so should advertise vacancies as full time not flexi. You get shouted at and bawled at across the office in front of customers by office management which is very unprofessional, spoken down to and treated like children.
Pros
faced paced so day goes fast.
Cons
Management attitude towards staff
Great company... terrible managers
clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GA8 September 2016
Copart is a great company to work for, the benefits are not excellent but are really good, the work environment is friendly. You really need to enjoy to be really busy all the time to work there, I did.
The big problem with Copart is their management I can't say for other offices but the one in Gainesville has a serious problem, employees are not treated as a person, favoritism is the key, if the manager likes you then you have an enjoyable job, but if she is not your friend then better quit, so disrespectful, answering you with "what you want!" every time you have a question or need help, that's why they don't keep their employees for more than a year. I think if the AGM is removed is going to be a great opportunity. people get so different paid for doing the same job, probably for favoritism too.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, location.
A good place to learn
Data Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX7 December 2016
Copart is a good place to learn. It is too hectic for the compensation and they are getting into Big Data space and I would say it is the right time to get involved. Mostly Big Data space involves PoC work and your project may get scrapped abruptly. Other than it, a good place
Pros
Snack Bar
Cons
Little work-life balance if you are in the wrong place
Average, Typical Corporation
Yard Operations Manager September (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO6 January 2017
Solid Benefits and Job security. Other than that typical corprate life, unrealistic deadlines and expectations, poor staffing, Lack of quality management.
Good pay, busy company, very nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NC21 December 2016
Coworkers trained me for each job I was in, company paid for Notary training and certification as well as stamp, always something to do, very fast-paced
Pros
Family Day, benefits, free lunches often
Cons
Customers often complained about pricing changes or did not read terms and condiditons
Terrible experience at my yard.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL22 June 2016
I got fired from my yard due to my health problems. I found out after I spoke to the hr rep that my yard was not FMLA approved.

For the office being as small as it is, there was so much drama. One lady who worked there was very terrible to work with, yet she is stil there, even though she constantly complained to the boss about every one of her coworkers and what they were doing wrong.

Some days were a lot busier than others calling companies and owners to see if vehicles were released, as well as helping people at the counter. I didn't get a chance to crosstrain in other areas, which would have been helpful when we were short handed.

I did learn a lot about auto acutions though.

For the amount of money the benefits are, the pay should be higher.
Pros
busy days
Cons
amount of benfits, not being crosstrained
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texas5 January 2017
Good benefits, learned new job with titles, typical day is sometimes stressful, but overall good company, management is ok, and co workers, job is easy, and enjoyable
This job was awesome
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Austell, GA27 October 2016
Very busy work environment. Stay organized and pay attention to detail.
,but over all a very good job. Just do your job and go home. I would work there again
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management
Steady work
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MD3 August 2016
Steady work, fast work environment. A lot of employee turnover. Good benefits, decent personal time earned. Decent opportunity to advance.
Pros
Job security
Cons
weather, hours you may have to work/ mandatory overtime.
Average company
CSR (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CA26 July 2016
Benefits could be better, company is international and still growing. High turnover rate, and employees are underpaid. Job was repetitive but enjoyable for the most part. Helped master the multi tasking ability.
Pros
Coworkers, often told to voice opinion on how to make company better
Cons
High turnover, Low pay.
the management was very and bit encouraging
Sr. MM/SD/PM Lead Consultant & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA5 May 2016
It was a great learning experience. There were good benefits. Everyone looked forward to coming to work. Moral was high because management made sure employees were happy. If employees are happy then people perform better. Work load might have been difficult from time to time but I worked best under pressure. It is very good environment where you can share your ideas and experiences with the customers and peers.
By far the worst job I've ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OH20 January 2017
I worked for the Dayton, Ohio Copart office. When I first interviewed the manager seemed very nice, said he cooked for employees every Wednesday. He said that everyone in the office gets along well and treats each other with respect. It took only a few minutes after my first day began to realize what a mistake I had made in accepting this job. Employees are treated poorly by management and even talked down to. I've never had any employer speak to me in such a way. You are expected to squeeze every bit of work out in the day that you can and to not have personal conversations at all. If you sit closest to the front desk expect to be answering the counter more than those who sit further back than you. The title clerk and manager rule the roost here and when the manager is not in the title clerk is in charge...and one is as bad as the other. Expect to have to skip your 15 minute breaks because you're too busy. Overall, you should just keep looking.
Pros
rare free lunches
Stay away
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD29 March 2016
I worked for Copart, where I've seen veteran employees get skipped for a promotion because others would brown nose, back stab fellow employees. Segregated work space, management does not like to see Yard Agents/ or Loaders fraternizing with office personnel. Understaffed laborers sobe prepared to be work until you're dripping sweat and still get yelled at for not working hard enough. New management will come in and disregard what WORKS at that location and when things go sour guess who the blame gets pushed on...
If you somehow decide to still work for this company (hey, everybody needs money).. watch your back and keep your eyes on other employment opportunities.

Im not here to down Copart...Just look at the rest of the reviews/ Numbers don't lie. If you see anything past 2 stars, its probably someone high up in management/ corporate trying to boost ratings.

s/n Monday-Friday but if they ask you to appear on weekends/ no matter if you have plans or a 2nd job... its more of an rhetorical request to them. They'll probably hassle you or document that you didn't come/ nothing official.

Not compensated well, and good luck receiving a decent raise/ raise on time/ receiving a raise in general.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Demanding
Operations (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania8 February 2016
Solid company that expects a lot from it's employees. Overall the company is understaffed. They pride themselves in running very lean. The staff that is there is expected to work with a "sense of urgency". This may work for a day, but it is expected every day, month after month. There is a high turnover rate, the facility and working conditions are marginal to poor.

Management was fair and supportive. The GM worked with the frugal resources allowed by Copart to make the operation run.

Suggestion to Copart: Staff you locations properly, or pay the current employees a better wage for what is expected. You may actually see the turnover drop.
Pros
Consistant work, good benefits, fair management.
Cons
Short staffed, facilities and yard are marginal to primitive is some cases.
Horrible work experience
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA22 October 2016
Underpaid, understaffed, overworked. You will receive no prior training before you're thrown out in the yard and told to "figure it out". The only thing the management is good at is barking out commands. There Is no room for, nor are there opportunities for advancement. High turnover. Wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, snobby co-workers.
Copart is a poor company to work for. They expect allot out of there employee's but yet don't feel the need to treat them respectfully. Long hours.
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UT28 November 2016
Copart is a poor company to work for. The management makes it very clear that they do not care whats going on with you. Copart also likes to cut corners, like making bio-hazard cars not bio-hazard because there is not enough blood. overall Copart will just drain your energy and leave you with a horrible taste in your mouth because of bad business,
Cons
horrible management, Sketchy temps
Fast Paced and intense
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Graham, WA8 March 2016
A typical day would be drivers unloading cars off of trucks, taking inventory, setting up a auction list, and supervising a crew of five or more.

This job is intense because of the timely manner things need to be handled in. It is a very stressful environment to work in.

Great customer service is a must. Not only in person, but over the phone as well. So, good communication is a must.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too fast paced
Good place to learn and explore skills
SAP BPC/BW Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX9 February 2017
Enjoyed my working at Copart.
Very systematic way of approach of work life balance
Though stressful able to achieve the TAT on timely manner
Good people and knowledge sharing
Great Co-workers
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NC29 September 2016
I worked there for five years, the Office Manager is great but the rest of management are terrible. I enjoyed the work I did but didn't like the pressure. Very discouraging to work your butt off while the General Manager and Assistant General Manager did nothing but play on their cell phones and leave early every day while some of us had to stay until 7:00 most days just to get the work done. A lot of favoritism.
Pros
Stayed busy all day.
Cons
Terrible Management

2.8