Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to work, very hands on, stays busy
Loader, field, customer service (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SC21 May 2017
Great enviroment​ to work, pay is well, never work weekends unless absolutely have to. Which is still almost never. Benefits are great, employers are awsome
If you have a family stay away!!!!
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CO18 May 2017
I have worked for Copart for 3 years. Enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with until earlier this year. The "new" management at this yard is horrible. They are forcing their employee's to work 7-7, 7 days a week for a CAT (8 weeks, probably more). You better have a better reason then your children to get an exception to not work those hours, or you will be put on suspension and forced out. The company states all of the time how "family oriented" they are, wrong! STAY AWAY if you have a family!
Pros
co-workers, benefits are ok
Cons
low pay, management, dirty office
Sr. Corporate Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA15 May 2017
Great place to work. Management is fantastic and work with you in any situations. Technology is fantastic and future is bright for Copart and all the employees.
Cons
They will get rid of you when they are done with you
Corp drone (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX14 May 2017
Save the company money and they still twist your words to fit there narrative. Forget the big family stuff. Others say the yards are tough but corp hr is worse. Advise, keep looking. Get on some peoples radar because of there actions and watch out.
Pros
Salary freedom to get results.
Cons
Some people do bad investigations and have poor reading comprehension.
Zero flexibility
title clerk (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CO12 May 2017
They present themselves as a family oriented business, this couldn't be further from the truth. Extremely long work hours that do not meet the necessary compensation for the work load. Management has unachievable expectations and shows appreciation by lacking the recognition of the work completed by their employees. The employees deserve better than what Copart is providing.
Great if you like being outside
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Sandy2 May 2017
When working for Copart you will be working outside for the entire day so u have to be prepared to get wet. A solid all round job with great employees. A very fun place to work as there are lots of customers and staff to talk to.

Difficulties. Dealing with all weather conditions

Pros. An amazing work team with a great social aspect
Pros
Great people
Cons
You will get wet
good work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IA23 April 2017
Started at 8am, logged on to computer took calls about 70 a day. I learned about varies car titles and different requirements needed for different countries. Management was available when needed. The co-workers made the workplace environment great. The hardest part of the job was assisting irate callers on various issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to hear in callers voice sigh of relief.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
healthcare expensive
Taught me to manage and prioritize my workload
Customer Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tanner, AL 3567117 April 2017
Hardest part of this job was keeping abreast of new claims and getting all work completed in a timely manner while servicing walk in customers at the service desk. It was a challenge and it helped me to learn to manage and prioritize my workload better.
Pros
Daily and new challenges
Cons
work overload now and then
very unprofecional
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Austell, GA11 April 2017
When I started working at that location it was great. This quickly started to go sour. Only promises or promotion with management. Management is very unprofessional and vulgar. Not a company I would recommend.
productive and good place to work outdoors
YARD AGENT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 April 2017
its a good place to work but not too much room for growth. ive been working there for almost 2 years and I like it but I want something for more room to grow and need better annual raises.
Stressful environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO5 April 2017
There is an under current of angst and pressure. I did not have a pleasant work experience with Copart. I made a lot of friends because of need to find something positive in my work day.
Do not apply here!
Customer Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greer, SC4 April 2017
This is by far the worst place I've ever worked. The management is terrible and they do not care about their employees whatsoever. You're just a number there and they don't truly care about you. You can bend over backwards for this company and they still won't appreciate you. They'll just overwork you and take advantage of you whenever they can. Management will say they want a drama-free work environment, but they're the main ones stirring the pot. They feed off of drama here and it's like high school all over again. I've never been so miserable until I had to walk into that place day in and day out. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of the pay, but trust me when I say that it's not worth the emotional pain they will put you through. MY happiness was way more important than a paycheck.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Work Environment, Benefits, and Time-Off
Uma boa empresa que vem agregando aos seus clientes qualidade de vida.
Vistoriador (Former Employee) –  Itaquaquecetuba, SP3 April 2017
Desenvolvimento satisfatório da qual pude exercer a minha função imposta pela empresa...

Bom dia
Pros
Café da manhã e almoço no local
Cons
Não fornecia vale refeição
Exciting
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CA24 March 2017
A typical day at work is full of energy. Gives opportunity to learn a lot and fun people to work with. Its a dedicated group of people that are out there to make a difference.
Cons
Productive company and expanding operational culture
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 March 2017
The company as a whole provides excellent managerial experience for new graduates. Typical days at work include interaction with a plethora of customers that provides managerial decision making.
Stressful environment
Senior Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY22 March 2017
They were firing people left and right. They had 100 people working in June, by September only 30 were left, by November only 15. Sadly this division of Copart never made it to what was planned.
Tons of work, little pay
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SC22 March 2017
This job involves an enormous amount of work and the company only provides a percentage increase once a year. Benefits are great and the organization is for the employees for sure other than actual pay rate.
Pros
Mon-Fri most of the time
Cons
Little pay
Good job but managers are very inexperienced
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 March 2017
At work here for one year the job is good the managers supervisors are very inexperienced they don't have no college background no degrees don't know how to talk to people quick to write you up so this job has a very high turnaround rate you will be there they will pick at you try to find to something to write you up and fire you for
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management yard supervisor suck
Work, work and more work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TN9 March 2017
Typical day started out crazy busy and ended the same. Wouldn't recommend the job to someone who has a life outside of work. A lot of drama in the work place.
Pros
Cons
At lot of hours
expect way to much from member service dept with very low pay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Eldridge, IA6 March 2017
My dept is expected to know the functions of all dept. within the company but yet we get the same pay of someone who just forwards emails. Member services is the call center so there for we are called every name in the book when customers are up set and management allows it, we are not allowed to transfer a customer call to management if they are upset we can only give them an email. we are expected to handle every call accurately and with in 5 mins plus send email to the following dept and have this all done with 30 seconds of call ending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8