CooperVision

CooperVision Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and a nice environment
Technical Production Operator (Current Employee), Southampton, ENGNovember 5, 2014
high pressure environment and working towards set targets
enjoyable enviroment
Production Operator (Former Employee), Hamble, ENGOctober 16, 2014
Pros: learnt a lot and met a lot of lovely people
Cons: 12 hour nights
The shift was 12 hour nights,during this time i rotated around the line on different machines which changed after every break.I enjoyed working with the members of my team.We didn't see much of the management except at road shows.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.The hardest part was the 12 hour night shift although it – more... did go in very quickly as we were always busy.I enjoy being busy and i learned about the mahines and the process of what makes contact lenses – less
They have a purpose, a mission that everyone understands. Even better every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.f
Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: healthcare a bit expensive.
I was hired through a temp agency and was unsure about going this route to get a position at a company. After only a few months i was approached by my coordinator asking if i would like to be hired and be a team player at Cooper Vision. My first position was an area called Voice, then i moved over to the shipping department. I liked the fact that the – more... company wanted their employees to be well rounded and knowledgeable about all areas of the distribution plant. In my opinion this is great business ethics as you don't become bored working on only one area of the plant and the employees become much more productive in the end. About one year of my employment i decided to apply for QIC/inventory control. This was definitely a step up in the company with a pay raise and also training to get my man- up license which i did complete and enjoyed very much. I had to leave the company for personal reasons and to this day,i miss my job at Cooper Vision. – less
Great place to work.
Process Improver Technician (Former Employee), PRSeptember 15, 2014
It is a good place to work but I want to grow professionally and financially as well. I want expand my knowledge and experience in the field of engineering.
Productive and fun plce to work
QC Analyst (Former Employee), CAJuly 31, 2014
Good friendly environment to work with.
Co-worker are cooperative and supportive.
Very Diverse
Quality Control Auditor Level II (Current Employee), West Henrietta, NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonus, great benefits package, open door policy with supervisor
Cons: management not always on site when you need them.
The atmosphere is a very diverse place to be. My supervisor is always very approachable as well as the director of my department. They entrusted me with my own team and believe my leadership skills have lead to our success.
fast paced work environment,
Product Inspector (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2014
required attention to detail, good place to work, but hours were long. The job site has since been closed..
a good strong company
team leader (Current Employee), SouthamptonJune 8, 2014
Pros: health care, sick pay, innovative, pay rate, supportive culture, .
Cons: management, packaging department.
Distribution area is a good place to work, good targets and good team work.
Growing company
Clerk 1 (Current Employee), Henrietta, NYMay 27, 2014
A growing company with a very relaxing work environment. They try to accommodate the employee as much as possible.
Good Place to work when you are single
Process Technician I (Current Employee), PRMay 19, 2014
Pros: heathcare, not far from home.
Cons: not much time for family
Good benefits, great environment, unfortunely don't have time to spent with my family because I work all nights 12 hrs.
Productive and intresting workplace.
Distribution/Shipping (Current Employee), West Henrietta, NYMarch 12, 2014
I was very well trained when I first became an employee better trained then any other job I have had. Co-workers and management are all very friendly and easy to get along with. I am always learning new things every day.
Medical Device Sales
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 12, 2014
Inbound/Outbound Sales of contact lenses to doctor's offices. Took 200-50 calls daily.
Customer Service/Multi-tasking.
Management had an open door policy.
Competitive relationships with co-workers/Friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment of the business.
HARD WORK
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee), ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: short hours
Lots if jobs been done on a typical day. Mostly work as a team and also given target to reach. That put you on your toes and work hard.
There is any hard part of the job but i enjoyed working on a team
Coopervision was a good workplace environment
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginoiaFebruary 9, 2014
No dull moment at work. always in a good spirit and high energy. At cooper vision I learned a lot in regards to work ethics, co-workers relationship.
With a Certificate:
CPR Training
Fire and Safety Training
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Franklin Covey)
Terrible place to work
Return Good Representative I (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 30, 2013
This was probably the worst company I ever worked for.. As a minority, I found the employer to be unfair and prejudice . They do not care about their employees as I had to file a grievance with the equal employment opportunity commission. The human resources department plays favoritism and does nothing if you complain them. I have never worked any place – more... like Coopervision and I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Nice environment to work in.
Light Industrial Worker (Former Employee), Fairport, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good company, great pay.
Cons: a lot of manditory overtime.
I would fill orders from a pick list, then inspect, package and ship them per specified shipping company. Also trained new employees to do the same. I learned the importance of inspection of each item for condition, correctness, and expiration date.
Organize work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: team work environment
Cons: that it shut down in the year 2010
This was a team work environment. It was a very productive. As for learning, we learned every department and machines. It was room to grow and apply yourself. The hardest part of the job was not able to grow if it was a job stand still. The enjoyable part of that job was the work and when the company acknowledge us on our good work. Such as company – more... parties and picnics. – less
Production
Production Worker (Current Employee), Scottsville, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
I am a hard worker and pick up quickly, i am a responsible worker and report on time, I am also very reliable and believe in getting the work done right the first time. I feel i would be as asset to the company i work for. I get along with my co-workers and believe in the teamwork policies.
Contact lens manufacturer
Senior Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2013
I was employed by CooperVision for 20 years. I was a Senior Sales Associate with sales and marketing responsibilities for Alabama and the panhandle of Florida, Member of Presidents Club for 12 years.
They were always treating us with good things to eat.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2013
Pros: lunches, rewards
Cons: that they closed.
First let me say I loved this job .It was an In Bound Call Center.
What a challenge it was .Learned all that I could possibly learn. Loved the supervisors and co-workers were fabulous .

You were treated like they couldn't proceed with out you and they showed it in so many ways. I miss this job so much.
Toughest part is when we might be unstaffed and – more... then it can be stressful.

Most enjoyable part was actually coming in to work because I knew I was going to have a good day.

My heart broke when the Call Center closed.
Nothing has been able to come close to this Company.For this job.
I can't begin to rate this company high enough. – less

About CooperVision

CooperVision¬†wants you to be able to clearly see the benefits of its products.¬†CooperVision (CVI) is a leading manufacturer of – Read more