Cooper Standard Automotive Employee Reviews

Steady work, shift work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON22 March 2014
Prep parts for molding, use differesnt mold injection machines to produce 2014 impala wheather stripping on doors. Quality control as well as Auditing and packaging of parts. secondary scrap paper work as well as graphing measurement info off completed parts .repetitive work
Pros
union
Cons
shift work
easy place
Assembly Worker,pressing,injection (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON29 December 2013
ever since I started there at cooper I always felt like I was welcome , I learned to work with others , my co workers were friendly , hardest part of the job would be to get the product to the quality they have , just working with the company was a good experience
Pros
treated employees with respect
Cons
Great paying job when your are working just lack of job security
Automotive Assembler / Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON25 December 2012
A fast paced environment, that is a very hot work environment. Very repetive tasks working on a press or line. This type of job was very rigid with little ability to do things outside of a set routine. My co-workers were very good at giving an extra hand if needed and was very willing to help show me how to do things I might not know in the running of the presses. The hardest part of this job beside the swing shifts was the constant lay offs due to work shortages. This placed a lot of stress on me specially financially. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I worked in the assembly section of the plant where I assembled different components as well as the great pay and benifits.
Pros
good pay, short commute to work
Cons
shift work, continuous lay offs. extremely hot working conditions
Fast paced automotive supplier on a positive growth curve
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glencoe, ON2 December 2012
Goal is to maintain the highest overall efficiency of each platform with safety being first, quality second, and meeting customer demands third
Pros
steady work in a clean environment
Cons
constantly changing requirements for platforms, customers can change requirements at a moments notice, it can reach high volumes straining all departments.
Something different everyday
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 July 2012
A typical day at work for me is always doing something different, whether it be working on a line, or doing other jobs on the floor. The supervisors I have a great, very approachable if there's a problem. The people I work with are a blast. Always having a good laugh. The hardest part of the job would be working in the heat, but with regular breaks its not so bad. The best part about the job is working with fun people. Working with great people makes a job that much better in my opinion.
Pros
working with awesome people.
Cons
working in the heat can be hard sometimes.
automotive factory
forklift / operator (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON2 July 2012
8 hours of repetitive work
to drive lift truck and work wih others in teams.
Highly stressed our management , unorganized at times.
fun to work with employees
Hard to keep up with orders when machines are down...
The best art of the job was getting the pay check ...
Pros
good income
Cons
to many manditory overtime hours