COOPER STANDARD AUTOMOTIVE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lean-Slogan
Controls Engineer (Former Employee), stratford, onOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible lunch time
Cons: midnight on-call
Fun work place with supportive coworkers, able to apply Kaizen concept/ideas into controls designs and modifications, as long as not paying too much attention on the 'job culture'.
Driven to become global leader
Quality Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Stratford, ONOctober 5, 2015
Awesome company that allowed for personal growth. Very nurturing management team. Helped build skills essential for my career.
Hard but fulfilling career
Health & Safety Team Leaderl/ Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Stratford, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours and hazardous
Long hours and hard work though experience in developing life skills was rewarding. Working with diverse cultures and building long lasting friendships was best part. Having daily challenges that tested my skill sets and knew I had goals to maintain and strive for.
not long term
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mitchell, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: decent wage
Cons: factory
shift work is not easy to get use to work is not so bad besides breathing in the heavy fumes constantly worrying you will be laid off
Hot Summers, Good Benefits
Press Operator (Former Employee), Stratford, ON, Mitchell ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, People
Cons: Heat, Repetitive work, Lay offs
The heat in the summer is unbearable, but with heat breaks it gets easier.
I loved the routine of it all. Two hours break, Two hours lunch. Two hours break Two Hours. Home. It was nice.
Great Benefits, Great pay.

Repetitive work, made for some sore arms/hands
light work in general.
Amazing people to work with.
Unstable Working Environment (frequent lay offs)
Excellent
Consultant Repetitive Manufacturing (Former Employee), Auburn Hills MI - SherbrookeSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: working hours
Excellent
Work environment
EHS
High Tech
State of the art
Management well organized
Co workers very nice
easy place
Assembly Worker,pressing,injection (Former Employee), Mitchell, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: treated employees with respect
Cons: long hours
ever since I started there at cooper I always felt like I was welcome , I learned to work with others , my co workers were friendly , hardest part of the job would be to get the product to the quality they have , just working with the company was a good experience
Great paying job when your are working just lack of job security
Automotive Assembler / Press Operator (Former Employee), Mitchell, ONDecember 25, 2012
Pros: good pay, short commute to work
Cons: shift work, continuous lay offs. extremely hot working conditions
A fast paced environment, that is a very hot work environment. Very repetive tasks working on a press or line. This type of job was very rigid with little ability to do things outside of a set routine. My co-workers were very good at giving an extra hand if needed and was very willing to help show me how to do things I might not know in the running of the presses. The hardest part of this job beside the swing shifts was the constant lay offs due to work shortages. This placed a lot of stress on me specially financially. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I worked in the assembly section of the plant where I assembled different components as well as the great pay and benifits.
Fast paced automotive supplier on a positive growth curve
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee), Glencoe, ONDecember 2, 2012
Pros: steady work in a clean environment
Cons: constantly changing requirements for platforms, customers can change requirements at a moments notice, it can reach high volumes straining all departments.
Goal is to maintain the highest overall efficiency of each platform with safety being first, quality second, and meeting customer demands third
Something different everyday
General Laborer (Current Employee), Stratford, ONJuly 5, 2012
Pros: working with awesome people.
Cons: working in the heat can be hard sometimes.
A typical day at work for me is always doing something different, whether it be working on a line, or doing other jobs on the floor. The supervisors I have a great, very approachable if there's a problem. The people I work with are a blast. Always having a good laugh. The hardest part of the job would be working in the heat, but with regular breaks its not so bad. The best part about the job is working with fun people. Working with great people makes a job that much better in my opinion.
automotive factory
forklift / operator (Former Employee), Dresden, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: good income
Cons: to many manditory overtime hours
8 hours of repetitive work
to drive lift truck and work wih others in teams.
Highly stressed our management , unorganized at times.
fun to work with employees
Hard to keep up with orders when machines are down...
The best art of the job was getting the pay check ...
Es buena empresa, pero se encuentra en Canada
Molder (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONOctober 5, 2015
Es buena empresa, pero se encuentra en Canada, son diferentes metodos y politicas