Cooper Industries Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Grange, NC29 December 2016
Great team of people. Family atmosphere. Great environment learning about entertainment industry. Most enjoyable social luncheons. Nothing hard about the job
Good Learning opportunity
Senior GL Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dubai5 December 2016
Multinational Company, cross functional exposure and good learning opportunity. Multicultural exposure. Tough working hours.
Pros
Good Learning opportunity
Cons
Absence of work life balance
Several positions - some good - some BAD
Manager of Standardization (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 November 2015
I had several positions with COX. Leadership in one position was good and in the other position leadership was so bad that I left the company.
Fun work place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA5 November 2015
Fast production for machine parts, and operating very expensive equipment. People were very easy to work with and eager to share their knowledge of the business.
Pros
Never boring, always something new.
Cons
Job slow down with oil industry.
people are very nice
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  roanoke va2 April 2015
a lot of favoritism under new management not a lot for new growth don't like wont get nowhere management doesn't really help you
Proactive Process Driven Environment
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Apex, NC11 February 2015
Cooper was a great place to work. In my department I felt that management actually listened to me when I had a suggestion to improve a process. They had a high retention rate and management was supportive of their direct reports.

I learned a lot as they sent me to multiple training courses because I was good a documenting what I learned so that the rest of the department could benefit.

I was in payroll and enjoyed the open dialogue with our Application Support Group. We were able to get things done, or sometimes found work arounds that didn't require must system change. The openness made our successes personally gratifying.

The hardest part of the job was occasionally dealing with extremely extroverted co-workers, who did not understand my introverted nature.

The best part was felling that the company felt that my personal contributions were valuable and effective.
Pros
Nice clean environment.
Cons
Benefits Were not that great.
Cooper Industries Review:
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Olean, NY6 February 2015
Cooper Industries Review: My typical day would consist of assembling arrestors, and using a variety of machines. Day to day we would be rotated to a different work station, to avoid possible injuries caused by repetition. Safety was extremely important at the job. Safety glasses and steel toed footwear at all times. I got along with many of the workers. The overtime was constant, I said yes every time to overtime. The hardest part of the job was being a temp/underpaid, & knowing that my job was limited there, and the work is being sent to Mexico.
Great work atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 January 2015
Good work atmosphere. A lot of hands on experience with various managers and execs.
Great Projects
Senior Equipment Engineer - Design (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJ22 December 2014
Projects from inception to completion
Work with outlying factories
Developed new programs for factories
Involvement with factory Installation of Equipment
Pros
Ownership
Cons
Moved out of State
A typical work week-
District Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Upstate , NY24 October 2014
I worked as the sales engineer for Upstate, New York providing engineering and technical support to OEM's, MRO, End User, Supply Chain accounts.. I work side by side with my supply chain accounts and accompany sales representative on a technical sales and [provide support. I work remote and Fridays are my only home office day- I spend all day Friday setting appointments two weeks out with my end customers first then my supply chain accounts. At times I also provide Electrical Safety in the Workplace training to large consumers and schedule out one whole for that and trade shows.. I also utilize Fridays to catch up on any administrative work lagging behind.. Monday morning I leave at 6am and visit my first scheduled appointment- I always keep literature in my car as well as product demos- Depending where the manufactures is at the stage of design, I provide engineering support on copper Products or joint sales calls with the outside sales representatives from my supply chain- I take one day for Rochester, next for Syracuse, next Buffalo. The I take one full week in my month to travel the entire week to the Watertown region stopping where I have made customer appointments from city to city- Do that as well heading South past Pennsylvania, East to Albany, and the Southern Terre.. I also have a national sales call for an hour every Friday morning with all cooper executives and engineering staff- My schedule can fall off path if there is an emergency situation somewhere else or a tradeshow pops off for the week but generally its a tight , strict schedule- I work until I  more... have finished out 2 supply chains and four end customers per day-  less
Pros
Challenge, walk thru many manufacturing palsn producing diffirent product, enjoy technical products so I love technical training or sales-Meeting all goals
Cons
Travel becomes close to 75% at times but generally its about 50% of the time
Copper Industries
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 August 2014
A Great Company when I was there. If they had not closed the operation in Illinois I would still be there.
A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY29 June 2014
This is a good place to work if you get hired on. The atmosphere is good and co-workers are nice.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
You stay a temp to long
Corporate "Giant" in Manufacturing. Very robotic environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CA23 June 2014
Completed my MBA and started to combine the technical skills of engineering, with the "business development" skills of sales and marketing, all in an effort to increase "brand awareness" and solidify long term relationships for future growth opportunities.
Pros
Great "brand" name and solid foundation of internal resources
Cons
The environment was "robotic", flexibility to implement creative strategic ideas was limited
Design / Detail Drafter (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PA21 May 2014
Steady flow of work daily, great backlog, I know the substation transformer product very well with most of my experience being in transformers (15+ yrs). Top Management is very questionable, procedures and efficiency could definitely improve. My co-workers are the best, we make each others day better and we are great at helping each other. Hardest part of the job is dealing with change because we have a substantial amount of standards that we use daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one is looking over your shoulder. We are a productive group that needs very limited supervision.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Questionable management
Friendly staff
Quality technician (Former Employee) –  Doncaster10 May 2014
Hard job as there are always fire fighting issues from either customer or suplier. Strict work ethics but friendly staff.
Pros
Good working hours and holidays
Cons
Bad communication skills throughout the company
Ambient Demand Planner (S&OP) (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA28 April 2014
I do not recommend working for this company as it has poor morale.
Good
Senior Technical Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dubai10 April 2014
Good place to work. Good environment.

Multi-cultural environment.
Copper is good company
SQE Team Leader and southern China office manager (Former Employee) –  Guangzhou6 March 2014
Company could control direction of biz growth and investment better.
Good Company
Corporate Information Technology Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA10 February 2014
Cooper has been bought out by Eaton LLC.
Cooper was a fast paced company with a dedication to getting the job done.
Great work place
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, INDIA5 January 2014
Great job with lots of learning and supportive management
Friendly co-workers