Cooper Industries

Cooper Industries Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: you stay a temp to long
This is a good place to work if you get hired on. The atmosphere is good and co-workers are nice.
Corporate "Giant" in Manufacturing. Very robotic environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great "brand" name and solid foundation of internal resources
Cons: the environment was "robotic", flexibility to implement creative strategic ideas was limited
Completed my MBA and started to combine the technical skills of engineering, with the "business development" skills of sales and marketing, all in an effort to increase "brand awareness" and solidify long term relationships for future growth opportunities.
Design / Detail Drafter (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: questionable management
Steady flow of work daily, great backlog, I know the substation transformer product very well with most of my experience being in transformers (15+ yrs). Top Management is very questionable, procedures and efficiency could definitely improve. My co-workers are the best, we make each others day better and we are great at helping each other. Hardest part – more... of the job is dealing with change because we have a substantial amount of standards that we use daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one is looking over your shoulder. We are a productive group that needs very limited supervision. – less
Friendly staff
Quality technician (Former Employee), DoncasterMay 10, 2014
Pros: good working hours and holidays
Cons: bad communication skills throughout the company
Hard job as there are always fire fighting issues from either customer or suplier. Strict work ethics but friendly staff.
Ambient Demand Planner (S&OP) (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 28, 2014
I do not recommend working for this company as it has poor morale.
Good
Senior Technical Buyer (Current Employee), DubaiApril 10, 2014
Good place to work. Good environment.

Multi-cultural environment.
Copper is good company
SQE Team Leader and southern China office manager (Former Employee), GuangzhouMarch 6, 2014
Company could control direction of biz growth and investment better.
Good Company
Corporate Information Technology Project Leader (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Cooper has been bought out by Eaton LLC.
Cooper was a fast paced company with a dedication to getting the job done.
Great work place
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee), Bangalore, INDIAJanuary 5, 2014
Great job with lots of learning and supportive management
Friendly co-workers
Great Company
National Marketing Representative, Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
A great jump start to my career. This internship really helped bridge my education into the real world.
One hour lunch
Stocker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2013
Just another job in retail, nothing special. An 8 hour day. Mangement came and went.
Work
Sr. SAP EBS Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
Enjoyed working since learnt ESS/MSS. SAP HCM modules.

Pioneer in Electrical industry / Manufacturing sector
Productive environment with effective management
CLP Digital Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: compensation, flexibility
Cons: no job offer with company after internship
I greatly enjoyed my internship at Cooper Industries. I was a member of the corporate Sales and Marketing team, where I learned many new software platforms, tools, and strategies used to enhance customer relations. I had fantastic supervisors and managers who empowered me to make my mark, and helped me when I struggled with something. The most difficult – more... part of the job was when it was announced that Cooper had been acquired by Eaton Corporation. I most enjoyed when I got the chance to be a project manager on an e-learning video series we created. – less
Gained great experience - a dynamic hardworking culture
Customer Service & Commercial Intern (Former Employee), NottinghamshireJuly 9, 2013
What I learnt and was responsible for throughout my year placement with Cooper MEDC:

• Maintain and develop department metrics to monitor KPI’s (Key performance indicators) - Produce, review and develop daily/ weekly/monthly metrics.
• Pricing and Customer Discounts
• Develop existing SOPs (standard operating procedures) and create new process maps – more... for the department
• Work within the S&OP Demand structure
• Develop the use of CRM (customer relationship management) system
• Implementation of Quoting Package
• Sales – producing official quotations - linked to CRM and Telesales (outbound calls). Complaints, queries, business information (inbound and outbound information).
• Deduction management – investigating complaints & queries, rejections/credits (requires a good understanding of companies’ T&C’s for this)
• Attending sales meetings, discuss Confidence Factor regarding a lead converting to an order.
• Forecasting
• Support the administrative and shipping functions
• Encompassing managerial functions and training
• Providing excellent customer service
• Managing customer concerns and fulfilling a quality analyst role
• Health and safety representative - completing audits and attending regular SAG meetings. – less
Exellent Company
Business Unit Manager, Juarez, Mexico (Former Employee), Juarez MexicoJune 9, 2013
Pros: good company and good values
Cons: no cons
Fuse manufacturing
Electronics testing and metal fabrication
High working people
Older technology
Nice place to work
Production Planner/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2013
People are great to work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Job stability based on economy. Management was great!
Fast paced manufacturing
IEC Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great pay/benefits
7:30AM-6:30PM typical work day in sales. Very well respected in Houston's electrical manufacture and distributor circles. Very close relationships with large electrical distributors like Wholesale and Graybar.
Management is helpful to employees although there is some in fighting and politics as always.
Co-worker were all very hard working and friendly.
Hardest – more... part of the job can be the work load. Sometimes it feels like drinking out of a fire hose. – less
Quiet enviroment
File Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2013
A typical work day consisted of working independantly creating folders and filing paperwork.

The best part of my job was not being micro-managed.

The collegues there were always helpful and friendly.

The worst part of the job was when my assigment ended.
Great Experience
Operation Leadership Program (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 26, 2013
Being part of the operations leadership program was a great way to be exposed to several different aspect of a manufacturing organization.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: great beneifits and wonderful co-workers
Cons: only the economy that got me laid off... lol
Cooper Lighting manufactures lighting fixtures, the product was a little difficult to learn if you have not been in the lighting field and there were so many different types of lighting fixtures to learn. Supervisor's were a wonderful bunch of people and I enjoyed working at Cooper.

About Cooper Industries

Cooper Industries makes sure its customers don't blow a fuse. The company makes electrical products that include circuit protection – Read more