Cooper Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place
Machinist (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 5, 2015
Pros: Never boring, always something new.
Cons: Job slow down with oil industry.
Fast production for machine parts, and operating very expensive equipment. People were very easy to work with and eager to share their knowledge of the business.
people are very nice
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), roanoke vaApril 2, 2015
a lot of favoritism under new management not a lot for new growth don't like wont get nowhere management doesn't really help you
Proactive Process Driven Environment
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Apex, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nice clean environment.
Cons: benefits were not that great.
Cooper was a great place to work. In my department I felt that management actually listened to me when I had a suggestion to improve a process. They had a high retention rate and management was supportive of their direct reports.

I learned a lot as they sent me to multiple training courses because I was good a documenting what I learned so that the rest of the department could benefit.

I was in payroll and enjoyed the open dialogue with our Application Support Group. We were able to get things done, or sometimes found work arounds that didn't require must system change. The openness made our successes personally gratifying.

The hardest part of the job was occasionally dealing with extremely extroverted co-workers, who did not understand my introverted nature.

The best part was felling that the company felt that my personal contributions were valuable and effective.
Cooper Industries Review:
General Laborer (Former Employee), Olean, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Cooper Industries Review: My typical day would consist of assembling arrestors, and using a variety of machines. Day to day we would be rotated to a different work station, to avoid possible injuries caused by repetition. Safety was extremely important at the job. Safety glasses and steel toed footwear at all times. I got along with many of the workers. The overtime was constant, I said yes every time to overtime. The hardest part of the job was being a temp/underpaid, & knowing that my job was limited there, and the work is being sent to Mexico.
Great work atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Good work atmosphere. A lot of hands on experience with various managers and execs.
Great Projects
Senior Equipment Engineer - Design (Former Employee), Whippany, NJDecember 22, 2014
Pros: ownership
Cons: moved out of state
Projects from inception to completion
Work with outlying factories
Developed new programs for factories
Involvement with factory Installation of Equipment
A typical work week-
District Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Upstate , NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: challenge, walk thru many manufacturing palsn producing diffirent product, enjoy technical products so i love technical training or sales-meeting all goals
Cons: travel becomes close to 75% at times but generally its about 50% of the time
I worked as the sales engineer for Upstate, New York providing engineering and technical support to OEM's, MRO, End User, Supply Chain accounts.. I work side by side with my supply chain accounts and accompany sales representative on a technical sales and [provide support. I work remote and Fridays are my only home office day- I spend all day Friday setting appointments two weeks out with my end customers first then my supply chain accounts. At times I also provide Electrical Safety in the Workplace training to large consumers and schedule out one whole for that and trade shows.. I also utilize Fridays to catch up on any administrative work lagging behind.. Monday morning I leave at 6am and visit my first scheduled appointment- I always keep literature in my car as well as product demos- Depending where the manufactures is at the stage of design, I provide engineering support on copper Products or joint sales calls with the outside sales representatives from my supply chain- I take one day for Rochester, next for Syracuse, next Buffalo. The I take one full week in my month to travel the entire week to the Watertown region stopping where I have made customer appointments from city to city- Do that as well heading South past Pennsylvania, East to Albany, and the Southern Terre.. I also have a national sales call for an hour every Friday morning with all cooper executives and engineering staff- My schedule can fall off path if there is an emergency situation somewhere else or a tradeshow pops off for the week but generally its a tight , strict schedule- I work until I have finished – more... out 2 supply chains and four end customers per day- – less
Copper Industries
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2014
A Great Company when I was there. If they had not closed the operation in Illinois I would still be there.
A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 29, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: you stay a temp to long
This is a good place to work if you get hired on. The atmosphere is good and co-workers are nice.
Corporate "Giant" in Manufacturing. Very robotic environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: great "brand" name and solid foundation of internal resources
Cons: the environment was "robotic", flexibility to implement creative strategic ideas was limited
Completed my MBA and started to combine the technical skills of engineering, with the "business development" skills of sales and marketing, all in an effort to increase "brand awareness" and solidify long term relationships for future growth opportunities.
Design / Detail Drafter (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: questionable management
Steady flow of work daily, great backlog, I know the substation transformer product very well with most of my experience being in transformers (15+ yrs). Top Management is very questionable, procedures and efficiency could definitely improve. My co-workers are the best, we make each others day better and we are great at helping each other. Hardest part of the job is dealing with change because we have a substantial amount of standards that we use daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is that no one is looking over your shoulder. We are a productive group that needs very limited supervision.
Friendly staff
Quality technician (Former Employee), DoncasterMay 10, 2014
Pros: good working hours and holidays
Cons: bad communication skills throughout the company
Hard job as there are always fire fighting issues from either customer or suplier. Strict work ethics but friendly staff.
Ambient Demand Planner (S&OP) (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAApril 28, 2014
I do not recommend working for this company as it has poor morale.
Good
Senior Technical Buyer (Current Employee), DubaiApril 10, 2014
Good place to work. Good environment.

Multi-cultural environment.
Copper is good company
SQE Team Leader and southern China office manager (Former Employee), GuangzhouMarch 6, 2014
Company could control direction of biz growth and investment better.
Good Company
Corporate Information Technology Project Leader (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Cooper has been bought out by Eaton LLC.
Cooper was a fast paced company with a dedication to getting the job done.
Great work place
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee), Bangalore, INDIAJanuary 5, 2014
Great job with lots of learning and supportive management
Friendly co-workers
Great Company
National Marketing Representative, Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
A great jump start to my career. This internship really helped bridge my education into the real world.
One hour lunch
Stocker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2013
Just another job in retail, nothing special. An 8 hour day. Mangement came and went.
Work
Sr. SAP EBS Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
Enjoyed working since learnt ESS/MSS. SAP HCM modules.

Pioneer in Electrical industry / Manufacturing sector