Cooper Industries Employee Reviews

Entry level Management job
Manager of OE Sales Adminsitration (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI21 November 2017
Started part number sales forecasting for the company. Experienced people to work with. I supported the sales staff with industry & competitve news..
Pros
Terrific direct supervisor
Cons
Neede to make more money
productive and fun loving
Customer Service Representative - From (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 November 2017
productive environment with Fun . it was fun working , Mean time giving the Output on time . Cooper was caring company for all employee and practicing safety .
good place to learn
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Preston, GA21 July 2017
great place to learn a trade, grinders, mills, lathes. dies are all a great experience to work on. modest budgets for die making but budget for equipment is great as well as tool budget
Pros
music during christmas
Cons
no music until christmas
Productive upbeat workplace with pingpong table
warehouse attendee (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GA5 June 2017
Though some days may be a bit stressful, cooper industries is an upbeat workplace, extremely efficient and focused on productivity. i must add that they literally have a ping pong table.
Pros
free lunches and company sponsored events
Cons
cannot leave the campus and only one break per day
A manufacturing company that cared about its' employees
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL13 February 2017
I was incredibly proud to work for this organization. As a Human Resources Manager, I felt strongly that they treated this role as vital to the success of the organization and supported the function in every way.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Grange, NC29 December 2016
Great team of people. Family atmosphere. Great environment learning about entertainment industry. Most enjoyable social luncheons. Nothing hard about the job
Good Learning opportunity
Senior GL Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dubai5 December 2016
Multinational Company, cross functional exposure and good learning opportunity. Multicultural exposure. Tough working hours.
Pros
Good Learning opportunity
Cons
Absence of work life balance
Aquired by Eaton
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgia9 July 2016
Coper was good company and was acquired by Eaton Corporation in 2012. The acquisition was a great opportunity to expand in the power management market.
Several positions - some good - some BAD
Manager of Standardization (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 November 2015
I had several positions with COX. Leadership in one position was good and in the other position leadership was so bad that I left the company.
Fun work place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA5 November 2015
Fast production for machine parts, and operating very expensive equipment. People were very easy to work with and eager to share their knowledge of the business.
Pros
Never boring, always something new.
Cons
Job slow down with oil industry.

Want to know more about Cooper Industries?

Ask a question
people are very nice
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  roanoke va2 April 2015
a lot of favoritism under new management not a lot for new growth don't like wont get nowhere management doesn't really help you
Proactive Process Driven Environment
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Apex, NC11 February 2015
Cooper was a great place to work. In my department I felt that management actually listened to me when I had a suggestion to improve a process. They had a high retention rate and management was supportive of their direct reports.

I learned a lot as they sent me to multiple training courses because I was good a documenting what I learned so that the rest of the department could benefit.

I was in payroll and enjoyed the open dialogue with our Application Support Group. We were able to get things done, or sometimes found work arounds that didn't require must system change. The openness made our successes personally gratifying.

The hardest part of the job was occasionally dealing with extremely extroverted co-workers, who did not understand my introverted nature.

The best part was felling that the company felt that my personal contributions were valuable and effective.
Pros
Nice clean environment.
Cons
Benefits Were not that great.
Cooper Industries Review:
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Olean, NY6 February 2015
Cooper Industries Review: My typical day would consist of assembling arrestors, and using a variety of machines. Day to day we would be rotated to a different work station, to avoid possible injuries caused by repetition. Safety was extremely important at the job. Safety glasses and steel toed footwear at all times. I got along with many of the workers. The overtime was constant, I said yes every time to overtime. The hardest part of the job was being a temp/underpaid, & knowing that my job was limited there, and the work is being sent to Mexico.
Great work atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 January 2015
Good work atmosphere. A lot of hands on experience with various managers and execs.
Great Projects
Senior Equipment Engineer - Design (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJ22 December 2014
Projects from inception to completion
Work with outlying factories
Developed new programs for factories
Involvement with factory Installation of Equipment
Pros
Ownership
Cons
Moved out of State
A typical work week-
District Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Upstate , NY24 October 2014
I worked as the sales engineer for Upstate, New York providing engineering and technical support to OEM's, MRO, End User, Supply Chain accounts.. I work side by side with my supply chain accounts and accompany sales representative on a technical sales and [provide support. I work remote and Fridays are my only home office day- I spend all day Friday setting appointments two weeks out with my end customers first then my supply chain accounts. At times I also provide Electrical Safety in the Workplace training to large consumers and schedule out one whole for that and trade shows.. I also utilize Fridays to catch up on any administrative work lagging behind.. Monday morning I leave at 6am and visit my first scheduled appointment- I always keep literature in my car as well as product demos- Depending where the manufactures is at the stage of design, I provide engineering support on copper Products or joint sales calls with the outside sales representatives from my supply chain- I take one day for Rochester, next for Syracuse, next Buffalo. The I take one full week in my month to travel the entire week to the Watertown region stopping where I have made customer appointments from city to city- Do that as well heading South past Pennsylvania, East to Albany, and the Southern Terre.. I also have a national sales call for an hour every Friday morning with all cooper executives and engineering staff- My schedule can fall off path if there is an emergency situation somewhere else or a tradeshow pops off for the week but generally its a tight , strict schedule- I work until I  more... have finished out 2 supply chains and four end customers per day-  less
Pros
Challenge, walk thru many manufacturing palsn producing diffirent product, enjoy technical products so I love technical training or sales-Meeting all goals
Cons
Travel becomes close to 75% at times but generally its about 50% of the time
Copper Industries
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 August 2014
A Great Company when I was there. If they had not closed the operation in Illinois I would still be there.
Muy buena empresa para iniciar carrera laboral
Coordinador de Trademarketing (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, DIF4 August 2014
Orden y control de las actividades diarias, trabajo en equipo
A good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY29 June 2014
This is a good place to work if you get hired on. The atmosphere is good and co-workers are nice.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
You stay a temp to long
Corporate "Giant" in Manufacturing. Very robotic environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CA23 June 2014
Completed my MBA and started to combine the technical skills of engineering, with the "business development" skills of sales and marketing, all in an effort to increase "brand awareness" and solidify long term relationships for future growth opportunities.
Pros
Great "brand" name and solid foundation of internal resources
Cons
The environment was "robotic", flexibility to implement creative strategic ideas was limited