Cooledge Lighting Inc. is a Canadian based venture capital backed company focused on the introduction of MicroLED based lightsheet technology. Cooledge Lighting’s unique technology will change the way lighting is applied to space by blurring the line between lighting equipment and the architectural space. Cooledge Lighting is preparing the commercial launch of our proprietary flexible lighting sheet to target the $100B global lighting market.
Reporting to the Business Manager & Controller, the Cost Accountant will support Management and the Manufacturing function in both setting up a manufacturing/production line through providing accurate product cost information and to create an environment of product cost awareness. This role is accountable for the financial reporting and control for all Cooledge manufacturing facility, related expenditures to support production including inventory, labour, plant expenses and capital; and will work closely with the VP of Engineering, EVP of Sales and Marketing, and the VP of Operations & Manufacturing.
- Work with operations team to implementation new NetSuite ERP system
- Evaluate company’s current chart of accounts in QuickBooks and make recommendations for changes
- Cost Standards for Materials, Overhead, and Labour
- Set-up new stock items in the inventory master file
- Review purchase price variances and revising standard purchase costs
- Responsible for creating month end reports for Standard Cost of Sales and Open Work in Process (WIP)
- Reconcile WIP and stock inventory sub-ledgers to the general ledger
- Review and report generic items in inventory and inactive WIP
- Review of physical inventories
- Review of cost overviews and variance analysis related to closed jobs
- Prepare Internal monthly & quarterly reports, including intercompany reconciliations, Balance sheet reconciliations and ad hoc and month-end journal entries
- Report on periodic variance and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Review actual and standard/budget costs and detail causes of variances and action plans to address
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Month end journal entries and preparation of Monthly and Quarterly financial Statements
- Assist with quarterly working papers. WCB remittances, HST/GST remittances and Budget to actual analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a manufacturing environment combined with seven or more years of accounting experience preferred.
- Accounting Designation (CGA or CMA)
- Experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong computer literacy with manufacturing systems (MRP/ERP)
- Knowledge in setting up the production line will be a bonus
- Familiarity with US/Canada payroll a bonus
- Familiarity with NetSuite and QuickBooks a bonus
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Familiarity with government funding and SRED a bonus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills, and comfortable working in a fast passed environment
- Able to drive a project and take initiative with minimal supervision
Cooledge Lighting Inc. is a Canadian based venture capital backed company focused on the introduction of MicroLED based lightsheet...