Cooledge Lighting has developed a revolutionary approach to the exploding solid state lighting space with the industry’s first LED light sheet. Our innovative contribution to the emerging LED space eliminates many of the constraints and challenges that existing LED systems impose. Cooledge’s LED light sheet eliminates the need for additional thermal management, is flexible, lightweight, highly efficient, low glare, and delivers long life.
The lighting industry is entering a decade of rapid conversion and expansion as LEDs penetrate all aspects of the industry’s traditional technology. The positive environmental and financial impact surrounding energy and maintenance savings delivered by SSL technology is unprecedented. To learn more about our company, please check out our website at www.cooledgelighting.com
Cooledge Lighting is looking for an intermediate level Mechanical Product Development Engineer to participate in the development of new lighting products. As part of the product development group, the successful candidate will participate in the design and development of LED lighting components and systems from product conception through to volume manufacturing ramp-up. A particular focus will be placed on New Product Introduction (NPI) to both internal and contract manufacturing. This may include the design, procurement, build, test and optimization of production equipment and systems for the manufacturing of Cooledge's lighting products. These systems may include mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic and optical elements.
- Mechanical design using 3D Mechanical solid modeling software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Design, fabrication, integration and optimization of custom equipment including mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic and optical elements.
- Component design for standard mechanical production technologies: CNC machining, sheet metal, extrusion, injection moulding, manual assembly.
- Process optimization in both manual and semi-automated production environments.
- Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet production requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Diploma of Technology or similar is required with 5 yrs of industry related experience.
- Product development experience in the technology sector.
- Experience of precision machine design and construction.
- Familiarity with standard GD&T procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of design-for-manufacture and design-for-test techniques.
- Familiarity with standard PCB/PCA production techniques.
- Hands-on prototyping skills using basic shop tools and equipment.
- Lighting or optical experience would be beneficial, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, written, verbal) of both technical and non-technical issues.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) is required.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Cooledge Lighting has developed a revolutionary approach to the exploding solid state lighting space with the industry’s first LED...