What's this position all about?
We are on the lookout for a qualified individual to fill the role of SEO Specialist. We are a full service internet marketing company that provides clients with a range of services, including website design, content creation, SEO, SEM, etc.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing our complete SEO program, providing strategic SEO services for all of our clients. This will include all hands on elements of the program with additional content writing being necessary for related projects.
Success metrics will be based on growth in overall qualified organic traffic for client sites and, in some instances, on ranking of specific keyword phrases. Client ROI will also be considered as a key performance indicator. Previous experience in SEO strategy and implementation will be essential!
Who are you guys?
We are a team of young entrepreneurs with a great deal of experience in our chosen vertical. We're looking to build something big, but we intend to have a damn lot of fun along the way. There's always room on our team for someone that is amazing at what they do and ready to bring double rainbows to the table.
What are you doing?
Our company is currently focused specifically on the automotive sector. We provide a much needed solution to the market and have had strong growth over the last year as a result. In brief, we provide a basket of essential services to our clients that are necessary for a successful online presence.
What can we offer?
At this point, we are still very young and in an aggressive growth stage. As with any start-up, this leaves us with less tangible compensation to offer but a great deal of other benefits:
- To be a part of a great company, with an incredible culture
- Working on the water, in Yaletown
- Semi-flexible hours
- Casual business environment
- Extremely positive and productive environment
- Profit sharing
But I'm a 'professional', I need that six figures yo'!
Yes, we understand that you could very well make more money upfront at some large, stuffy firm. But, here's the rub - if you want to work in a corporate environment, you probably aren't a good fit for our team anyway. This is an opportunity to get on at the ground level for a quickly growing firm that is poised for much, much bigger things. Not only that, we also don't suck.
I'm still not convinced
Fit is everything to us, so we aren't looking to convince you. If this doesn't sound like a pretty ideal setup from the start, then you'd be best staying where you are or applying for something else.
The boring stuff
The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills. From time to time this individual will be asked to present SEO audit findings to our clients via conference calls. Other responsibilties will include:
- Execute successful PPC/SEO strategies for company's multiple websites on a daily basis
- Prepare and format website analytics reports using data gathering techniques and established tracking standards, present findings, make recommendations for change and execute.
- Analyze (but not manage) PPC Campaigns
- Optimize HTML according to SEO best practices.
- Optimize landing pages and work with in-house designer and content developers
- Regularly define target keyword lists and optimize, proof all internet content.
- Link building strategy (inbound, offsite and back linking)
- Develop and implement a measurement plan to monitor effectiveness of SEO/PPC activity, generating weekly/monthly reports for management and handle daily lead tracking.
- 3 - 5+ years of SEO experience
- Expert use of SEO tools including Google Analytics
- Experience with SEM (Google AdWords) would be a plus
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, ASP, PHP MySQL, Java Script would be a plus