Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when  more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always being asked "What could you have done better"
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Pros
Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons
Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Good job
Telecommunication Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2015
This job is nice because it keeps you up and moving, you socialize and help customers get what they want. It is a good job for those that like to socialize.
not a great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 4, 2015
only wanted a person in the seat to answer the phone - management had no connection with the people that worked there. call centre environment but not at all interested in helping or growing staff
Pros
mon-fri 9-5 job
Cons
didn't value its staff
Productive for sure
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack B.CSeptember 3, 2015
Fun place, However did have some draw backs like the average handle time was hard to achieve for what was needed to be done. Other then that it was a good place to be..
Pros
Got to interact with fun an enjoyable people
Cons
Long an stressful
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
Pros
good work hours
Cons
not many
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee) –  St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Customer service role
o Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customer calls, explain bills, take bill payments and trouble shoot and get cell phones working for the customer.
Cons
slip seating
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSAugust 22, 2015
although we worked by ourselves assisting providers on the phone, we also had team members on either side of us to assist when needed.
Pros
fun and family orientated through the individual teams
Cons
trying to get time off for medical reasons
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Pros
Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons
Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 7, 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
close location, lots of jobs available
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland OnAugust 6, 2015
Although there is awalys employment available and possible moving up within the company, it has a high burn out rate due to the intense pressure and unreolistic expectations fro management. the call volumes were intense and caused many good people to go to other companies
Pros
independant work
Cons
highly critial mamagment and unreolistic expectations
What I do at Convergys
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 16, 2015
My job consists of answering phone calls from American Group Health Care customers, answering questions about benefits and how their claims are processed, I also take calls from Health Care Professionals.
Pros
A lot of great people work there
Cons
Sometimes the calls can be long and stressful
Typical Call Center
Inbound Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJuly 11, 2015
Call Center for AT&T telecom for Apple Support.
No room for advancement at all.
Sick days are frowned upon.
Had to get there extra-early to get a workstation, as they would be full almost daily.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  paid trainingJuly 1, 2015
Fast paced, learning call center, different shift available, benefits, wonderful management,
great co-workers
company BBQ
community partner
Pros
paid training
Median
HR Client Services - Payroll and Pension Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 30, 2015
The Human Resource part of Convergys was bought out by NGA in 2009. I have been with both companies a total of 7 years and recently resigned. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the change in policies such as raises etc took away the morale within the company. I hope that changes at some point so people will stay longer and be more content.
Pros
Great
Cons
Poor pay
Great enviroment and excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorJune 24, 2015
I started my day always with a reminder of my goals and different ways to achieve them. The manager is always wiling to teach you the process and also the different resposabilities you have so you can built your career. We work as a team with our co-workers and we enjoyed being at the place since everything is always clean and neat.
Pros
Free food and incentives every week
Cons
Lack of coaching