Convergys Employee Reviews

Wow
Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON29 January 2017
Wow, when I read this job posting it disgusted me how they are putting down real people who work for fast food companies smelling like fries or having to wear a uniform! You say you can go out after work without having to get changed! What type of people are you attracting? No wonder there is a high turn over rate in that center!
High Pace and Energetic work place
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Cortes28 January 2017
I love my work at Convergys, Is a high pace work environment, the best thing is that it's a business that is always changing so you need to keep adapting.
Pros
Subsidy
Cons
Salary
It can be a fast paced environment, as long as you use your tools you can effectively do the job. You must follow direct order with no personalization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON25 January 2017
A good place to work for...You get to interact with alot of great customers that call in - and the staff and management are mostly great to work with.
Pros
Team Meetins
Cons
Scheduling, not getting 2 days off in row, errors on pay, management not all professional, low morale
Really fast paced and disconnected.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 January 2017
Although I had a good experience here and I was able to advance through the ranks, I was not thrilled on how they treated the CSR staff. The pay was good at the time and when I became management, I disagreed with some of the staffing policies.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Cons
Cramped, not very clean, no natural light.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2017
Overall it would be a good start for a first time jpob decent pay structure with benefits. As an experience individual it really depends on what contract you work on. My first Contract was with X company and loved it. They signed a contract with X companies competitor and I started to hate going to work.
It's a job.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
Professional environment. Inbound call center, contracting out to multiple tech related telecommunications companies.
Cubicle lifestyles. Jobs range from contract to contract.
Hours can be long dependent on contract.
Bosses
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 January 2017
The bosses are amazing and are willing to help you out when ever they can as long as you are willing to work and do the job you signed on to do .
Game room
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba22 January 2017
I felt selling over a chat program fairly advanced for a company. It was quite challenging to do two three plays phone, internet and cable at one time!
Pros
Game room if a break was needed, ordered pizza a few times
Cons
Overload when busy
Sales Job not Customer services
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON22 January 2017
Friendly and supportive - however employment was for customer service but now has been converted to sales - Would only recommend if you are interested in Sales
dealing with different types of problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 January 2017
working here i did love it the different types of problem each day were fun to me miss the friendly co workers and some of the customers. miss the way the tm (team managers) helped you out when you needed them for tough call or a simple yet common question. surely do miss it. but had to leave for medical reasons
Pros
dealing with different types of problem
Cons
dealing with rude customers. job not meant for everyone
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
Management team is very approachable and they appreciate and recognize their staff.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines5 January 2017
I really appreciate the management team because they are really keeping an eye for those people who really work hard. They value the cultures of their staff by considering our different religions.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Proximity in terms of the office location
customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
This job was awesome ! Constantly dealing with a vast diverse customer base working on the phone dealing with a variety of issues from billing to technical support . Often challenging to rewarding .Empathy and understanding and sometimes de-escalating callers ,promting and up selling to meet the customers needs
Pros
teams friendship and training
Cons
they closed the center down
experience
Business & Commercial Client / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
in my experience, Call center job. average pay... great community of workers. good team leaders and proper work ethics.
Sales Driven...pressured to sell above all else.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2017
Fun workplace with great people and management. However sales is their main focus, above customer satisfaction and pitching the sale is a must. Breaks are timed and very short. I myself was not comfortable with this and moved on quite quickly. You may not have the same experience. Hope this helps.
Pros
3 weeks paid training, selling incentives
Cons
Pressure driven sales, short breaks, lack of support staff
A friendly and caring place to work at!
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2016
Caring managers to work with.
Fun employee engagement activities.
Flexible work hours.
Very good paid trainings conducted for new hires.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON9 December 2016
Worked there a long time ago
Was okay for the most part
Some management lacked the skills needed to assist in doing well at the job
Older computer equipment
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS4 December 2016
Great place to work. I started my Professional Career here and learnt a lot about Help Desk Job. People are friendly and nice at work place. Management is also easy going and co operative most of the time. Longer call volume is the hardest part of the job. Most of the time troubleshooting is the fun part of the job.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Longer call volume
typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2016
when I worked for this company I would answer customer request such as billing issues, changing phone plans , and trouble shooting cell phones.My Co-workers would also be there to help each other if need extra assistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.