Convergys

Convergys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good benefits, people, management
customer service representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 29, 2013
Pros: ability to chang shifts
Cons: ability to change shifts
good place to work, great people ,easy to adjust shift times and days, benefits, holidays, good pay
Employment
Post-Care Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 9, 2013
Pros: insentives, advancement opportunities
Cons: quote requirements, partially commissioned income
Typical day at work; receive incoming calls for technical support, and inquires
Learned: improved communication skills, cooperation, better understanding of leadership
Management; supportive on improving skills that specifically applied to my position
Hardest part: filling quota requirements
Enjoyable part: social cooworkers
no stemulating
Associate (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 9, 2013
Pros: go pay
Cons: long hours and not always the same hours each week.
answer the phone and provide information to customers. you didn't get to know your co-workers much and it was a boring job. I hated the fact that you were not to leave your desk to use the washroom unless necessary and that you couldn't tell the customer to stop calling you names and to stop yelling at you.
Convergys
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), New Glasgow,NSAugust 7, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: getting yelled at sometimes
My review for Convergy's I did really like it I had no problem working the hours I had a great time answering phone calls from nice Customer's on the phone The manager's knew their information very well.

I learned how to file claims in the computer
My manager was Awesome always encouraged us to work to the max :) and do our best
Nothing special
Call Center CSR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2013
Average workplace. Nothing special was offered to make it better or worse. Put in your time and go home. Management was good.
it was very fun place to work at
Customer representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 23, 2013
- Typical day at work it was busy and fun at the same time.
- I learned how to deal with customers and represent my self as the president of my company.
- The management was amazing.
- The hardest part about my job was many calls but we had to get it done at the end of the day.
- The most enjoyable it was the environment and the people in the company.
it is a decent place to work
customer account executive (Former Employee), new glasgow, nsJune 18, 2013
Pros: will train
Cons: client whims
it is a decent place to work, they will train you, and there are some re-occurring issues
Good Luck Trying to Balance Work/Family Life
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: good experience, good people
Cons: management will not work with employees, results in a very high turnover
I didn't care much for min wage during training when they promote a higher wage in job ads for recruitment. I was okay for a while and did appreciate the recognition that I got. I was good at my job. I did get a lot of "talks" about going above and beyond for the customer because I "took too long". I'm sorry....isn't that what customer service is about. I kept ALOT of customers from cancelling their service. Then I had my first child. After returning back from mat leave it was VERY difficult to juggle work schedule and daycare schedule. I found myself having to swap shifts almost every day. Thank God for understanding co-workers!! However, I found that this was not very reliable. After TRYING to talk to TL's, HR & whomever else, they could not grasp what I was telling them and would not accommodate me (nor any other parent in the same situation), and ultimately I had to quit because a JOB will NEVER come before my child. Gained great customer service/problem solving skills and met some great people. That's about all that came out of it. I moved on to much better things as a result anyway.
Skills
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 28, 2013
I have learned how to communicate with customers.
Co-Workers were fun and training was ok.
Bad Environment, Worst coaching, DEPRESSING
Call Center Trusted Agent (Former Employee), Welland, ONMay 25, 2013
Pros: school credits
Cons: everything.
Worst company i have ever worked for in my life, yes i did get Credits for school out of it but otherwise when you first begin they place you on the night shift, most depressing shift of anyone's life and from there you have to wait 6 months before you can even attempt to get a morning shift, the people there are fake and do not meet YOUR personal needs. I did not have a good time with this company, the people i trained with were grreat otherwise i would never go back to this call center, it was sad and they do not promote a healthy lifestyle, do not bother to listen to anyones complaints and show no empathy for you as an individual. if you enjoy sitting on your butt all day (night) and take bullfrom people then this job is for you!
Customer Service Position
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONMay 20, 2013
Long training process that was very beneficial. Learned how to interact with customers to resolve a number of technical errors.
Microsoft was a great Client
Microsoft / Comcast Team Manager (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMay 17, 2013
Depending on the Client and the current MO determined how the work was.
very good team work
account manger (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 16, 2013
Pros: beautiful place to work in
Cons: low pay
working i a call center . responsible for the vip accounts
i learned to solve customers problem with high level of customers service .
the hardest part of the job is the night work all the time
A great place for full time workers, not great for students
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONMay 14, 2013
The company is really reliable at offering full time hours however they lack any sort of understanding for students. The site is very unorganized, and lacks a lot of professionalism. Operation managers are seen yelling at other employees instead of having one on one meetings.
jobs good people not so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwallis, NSMay 3, 2013
Pros: bring your own lunch or buy it
Cons: 8hrs days 2 days off
i worked here for 6 months and then left because of mishaps in not only my pay but the attitude of the team leaders or TL's as they call them. the calls were easy and straight forward it which wasn't the reason, its was the way they talked to you as a person rather than argue or fight leaving and looking for another job seemed like a the most logical choice
Job Security is nice
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: 10 minutes and 20 seconds a call, i say get their address and verify them and hang up cause there is no time left to help them
Well they want 10 minutes and 20 seconds a call, thats very very hard to do when just trying to get a new locator's address out of them and they spend 10 minutes looking for it. So unfair with the call time.
Very productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMarch 22, 2013
I enjoyed the work that i did, it left a feeling of accomplishment following each shift.
knowledge
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: people and knowledge
Cons: too wide a variety
lots of training
lots of knowledge
stopped for maternity leave
hardest part of the job = dealing with such a Huge variety
of calls
most enjoyable=lots of people around
Was a good company at first
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2013
They were a decent company when they first moved to their new location out by Winnipeg Tech but after the first 2 years things went downhill, bonuses became almost non existent and they didn't seem to care about your time or method of getting to work.
Customer Assistance
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cornwallis, NSMarch 5, 2013
My work was to deal with unruly customers, To sell merchandise, and also to maintain a level head.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more