Convergys Employee Reviews

A great workplace to gain experience with not only technology but people as well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 October 2016
Convergys is a really great place to gain experience and a very good place to learn people skills, the most difficult part of the job would be adapting to the types of customers you come across, eventually it becomes a day to day scenario, you get used to it. Co-workers are very enjoyable to work with, I have not had an issue working with anyone the 2 years I've been there, Management is really well coordinated and easy to work with.
One of the worst employers around
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 October 2016
Avoid working for this company at any cost. They make all kinds of promises, but mistreat you and lie to you constantly.

Consider: When I left, they decided that, instead of paying me out my vacation time, they would send out a collections notice demanding that I pay them! Is that the kind of employer you want to work for?

I could list many other things, but I don't want to be positively identified by them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. No Pros.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
Wonderful job
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
I was only working at convergys for a short while, but in that time I had grown to love it. It's not just about answering phone calls, it's about helping the person on the other end of the phone. no matter what.
Pros
cheerful environment
Cons
cubicles
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 September 2016
We need to be able to have more time off. I am ready to leave due to the stress level of the job. Managers do not work with the employees with regards to time off.
Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
Great Management
Senior Supervisor "Snowbird" Tech Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 September 2016
Management is fantastic, the try to take care of their employees as best as they can. They run "fun" events often to improve overall moral.
If you are good with communication skills and like dealing with the public id say yes its for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 September 2016
I liked it at first but this go into 24 bull c%@# is what drives people over the edge. If that stopped then I would think more people would stay there..for every hour you work you have 1 minute bathroom time.I would love to go back but things would have to change
Pros
Good medical.they try to work with your schedule
Cons
Go into 24 for a review a few times a week
fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 September 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
It was a very fun expeirence
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 September 2016
My typical day at Comcast was always different. some days were slow other were fast. what I have learned was customer service skills. helping clients with their cable boxes and taking payments. the management was very hands on. if they had a problem with an employee or thing they are struggling with an issue. they will have a moment with them to see how they can work together to approve the situation. The hardest part was not be able to help a client with a issue they are having trouble with. all we can do was describe it the best way we can over the phone. the most enjoyable;le part was getting to meet new people and getting calls from all sort of people and hearing their different accents.
Excellent team of Team Leaders-encouraging and positive
Agent Converges Chilliwack (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 September 2016
answer each phone call like you are having a coffee with a neighbour who just happens to have a few questions on a problem with their phone, microcell, or network connection
It's a call center
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2016
I worked at convergys for approx 3 years. In that time I worked in two different departments. I found the job to be very mentally draining and frustrating as management demands and customer demands often conflict. Would not work with again.
n/a
Team Lead, ECM, Associate Trainer, Assigner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 August 2016
Learned many skills such as troubleshooting and questioning. Responsible for customer service, staff coaching and enhancement as well as new hire training.
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 August 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 August 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 August 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 August 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval