Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 10, 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
Long term job with minimal pay in over the phone customer relations
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 18, 2016
When you come to work, all you mostly do is answer phones and questions from customers calling in with concerns or issues. They teach you all the resources you need and show you where to find answers for other questions that may be asked. The on-the-floor management team is great and usually do their best to make it a less-stressed work environment. The pay is on the low end of the spectrum compared to other companies who have their representatives in same or similar positions. In the limited amounts of time you are able to talk to your co-workers, you can end up making long term friendships since there is nothing else to do except talk and type notes.

The hardest part of working is constant pressure from the constant calls coming in and only able to breath during breaks and lunch while at work. There is very limited time to get extra training, check for updates/changes to the system, or even to finish notes after a call. If you are in constant que (or have constant calls waiting), you are unable to do these items and at times it might be days, or even weeks, before you have time to catch up on training, unless you are willing to use break and unpaid time to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with some customers, if you don't mind loosing track of your average handle time. Some have interesting stories, or bits of wisdom. Many different walks of life.
Pros
Making people happy, the co-workers
Cons
Tough to constantly reach stats, low pay
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when  more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always being asked "What could you have done better"
great short term job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2014
A typical day consisted of answering about 30 calls per day for inbound customer support. Here I greatly improved my time management skills and interpersonal skills. The management we always easily approachable and there to help you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and the weird shifts that I had to work. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I had health benefits and a constant pay check. Also the thrill of fixing someones problem is always a good feeling
Pros
health benefits
Cons
weird hours
Now CONVERGSYS, formerly Stream when I was hired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 13, 2015
Demanding work, very fast paced, better pay than some jobs, strict policies, if you don't mind angry customers 99.9% of the time this job is for you. It is a good starting job for your first job to put on your resume, however, this is cubicle work and it does wear you down quickly. I was working 4x10 shifts (4 days, 10 hours each, with three days off) which seems like a very long time sitting down, However, you do get great flexibility with your shifts. However, if you don't like to be a number in a statistic I highly recommend not to do this job, it's easy to get work here, make sure you can type 60 WPM (easy).
Overall, it's a line of work that will tire you out once you are on the floor answering calls. I hope one day there will be more freedom with this job position, allowing more time with customers because they are being rushed by your policies. I do not think its not necessarily a bad thing, but customers and people alike appreciate that they are getting the attention they need.
Pros
Flexible shifts, somewhat decent co-workers, above average pay
Cons
Anonymous employees reporting you to HR, long hours, statistics driven, unfortunate bad documentation from other centers, few happy and calm customers, and very fast paced work.
customer service
Technical Support/Billing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Great place to work with customers , time restraints and expectations of management was unrealistic, Learning new things daily and finding answers with confidence when one has no idea what they are doing. Challenging for researching answers and keeping customers happy while floor walkers would nag you on time , eleven minutes you fixed the issue reviewed the customers account and sold them something new or scheduled a truck call for a broken internet.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
nagging time restraints
Convergys is a great enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 23, 2016
Convergys is a adaptable workplace, the people and supervisors are very outgoing . The shift work was reasonable ,bendable, and also do able
Pros
great staff
Cons
late nights
Typical Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 8, 2013
Convergys was a training based environment, where they were constantly updating your customer service and troubleshooting skills. Surprisingly, they had great benefits and they had a system where you could earn 1 day off per every 80 hours that you worked. The atmosphere felt like a college with a horrible dress code, but most people were very knowledgeable about the product and their positions. The floor management was the best.
Pros
atmosphere, the cafetaria, the day off scheme
Cons
poor pay and bad hours
Great job if you didn't mind minimum wage and terrible benefits.
Microsoft Windows Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 11, 2012
A typical day was to log into your work station and log call after call.

I learned that my skills are really based in logic and troubleshooting. I could easily adapt to a work scenario and do well at it.

The management was always new, constantly changing. How do you manage a group of people you have just met and are likely to move away from in short period of time?

My co-workers for the most part were really decent, we could bounce ideas off each other to come up with a computer / network / domain / peripheral issue resolution quite easily. We worked well together.

The hardest part of this job was doing it on the next to minimum wage and poor benefits, knowing that our counterparts actually working at MS were making double our wage and had great benefits.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the constant new customer issue to figure out and resolve. Yes, there were common issues, however there were more than enough new ones daily to satisfy that fun part of figuring it out.
Pros
the job itself was the pro
Cons
working for convergys itself, horrible company.
Relaxed work environment, full of positive and friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 10, 2016
A typical work day, starts with getting all your tools and programs set up on the computer. Once it's time for your shift to begin, we log into our phones ans start taking calls.

A lot of the calls are the same because we are dealing with strictly cell phones, but they're different in their own way. You will get the occasional irate customer, but many times you will find yourself and the customer laughing together.

My time at Convergys has taught me a lot about cell phone functions, various plans and promotions, how to manage talking to a customer while also working on two different computer screens. They teach you how to handle and react when someone is irate. They're training program makes you very confident in explaining how to operate a device or how to explain an account change.

The co-workers at Convergys are very fun and easy going. The work place is always filled with laughter, however it's still in a professional manner. Everyone is very friendly, and you find yourself making friends very quickly.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when you have an upset customer who is difficult to calm down and to help. I've experienced many customers who were upset with what was happening with their phone and ultimately their first reaction is to get upset, and with good reason, since they are paying for our services. It can be hard to maintain that professional tone, and to stay calm yourself. If you're having a hard time with the call, management is happy to step in and help you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people all over the
  more... United States. You hear new accents, sometimes a customer will tell you about their day. I've had many calls where once their issue was solved, they then just wanted to talk. It may be over the phone but you definitely meet a lot of new and great people. I find myself always smiling and laughing along with the customer. It makes the job easier and it's nice to have that connection with someone, even if it is brief.  less
Pros
Very laid back, calm setting.
Cons
Siting in a chair all day.
Convergys
(Rogers) Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2015
Convergys is an alright place to work. Pay isn't great but they do offer 80% benefits. Im not to sure what else to write go get a job and find out
Pros
bonuses
Awesome co-workers & management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSFebruary 8, 2016
Full-time, worked 9:00 - 5:30 Monday-Friday as a Customer Service Associate. Worked with the most amazing co-workers. I loved going to work everyday. I only had to call in sick twice in 9 years.
Fun environment to work. Young and active employees.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  I.T. ParkJuly 2, 2012
I learned to handle difficult customers who really can not understand or dont want to understand the situation they are in. I manage to stretch out my patience and learned to develop friendly conversations with the customers.
Management is very supportive and provided their employees good enough compensation.
The hardest part of the job is when dealing with difficult customers who simply can not understand
Pros
free lunch
Cons
split rest days
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Pros
Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons
Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Wireless Care Specialist
Wireless Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Assist and educate Customer Service Professionals.
Set up payments and working for account standings.
Working through difficult issues for resolution
Support for new employees with on the job training
Pros
lots of co-workers
Cons
many irate customers
Lively
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Block 44 at Northgate Cyberzone, Muntinlupa CityDecember 9, 2013
Working in Convergys is going to a place where you help a person to use entirely his or her benefits at same time connect with the person that you talk to.

I learned that reaching your goals by working hard is not enough but you need to be socially alive in order to connect to others and have the best working environment possible.

Work Environment is really splendid in a way that the company connects the employees through recognition and social events and gatherings. Making the bond of each employee in the company strong and united. That also goes with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is being mentally prepared to put your patience to the limits, or even beyond the limits because connecting to our customers is not as easy as it is at times but that is also the most best part of the job, When you were able to connect to the customer and resolve the issue and you feel that the customer is not only satisfied but appreciates the work that you have done.
Pros
rewards for recognition, socially events(which is free and you just need to attend) and meeting beautiful personalities.
Cons
schedule
Working for Beelzebub with air conditioning where hope goes to die.
Customer Service Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 14, 2016
Sign in, open all programs, pray computer is functioning properly and up to speed, troubleshoot internet connectivity problems for customers, get yelled at by people who have no idea how computers work yet own one anyway and insist any problems with the computer itself or the service they receive in a different country than your own is directly your fault, process payments for people who don't understand what a monthly fee is, calm said customers and empathize with their problems, schedule technicians for repairs, set up/close accounts, all while documenting all interactions with customers. I learned Einstein was right: ignorance is infinite, and that some jobs you must weigh the damage on your soul with earning a living. The management team was largely a dictatorial menace, akin to Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler in levels of understanding, empathy, and logic. The co-workers were the only redeeming aspect of the job, as most had high IQ's, great personalities, and had to be friendly to a fault to deal with the mostly unreasonable clientèle on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was feeling a piece of your soul get hacked off every time you heard the *boop* in your ear and a new customer was on the line, and all the exciting ridiculousness that followed suit to that point. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break room repartee, and quitting the job in question.
Pros
Smart and fun co-workers, a few interesting customers, the satisfaction of problem solving.
Cons
Repeatedly unfathomable human ignorance, being accused of being a robot by customers, and the general insanity that came along satisfying customers.
Convergys
Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 26, 2015
Everyday you walk in and sit down to a large call volume so you're never bored. You take calls and then write notes about the call for future representatives to reference, if you need to speak to your supervisor or Team Leader they are easy to find and helpful. Convergys has a large turn over rate so there are always new people to meet and talk to and every few months it feels like a change over in staff. I did learn about ownership at Convergys which is something that I have taken with me through all of my jobs since. Ownership is important because once you are involved with someone's issue or have taken on a responsibility it is easier and faster for you to complete the job than hand it off to someone else. I also learned that there are many kinds of good and bad customer service. The templates help but a person can figure out what another person wants by listening to their words, voice, tone and so much more.The hardest part was trying to help store front shops who were assisting especially difficult customers but it could be done. The best part was taking the extra step in assisting someone with their issue and making them feel like they had been heard and helped as much as possible.
Pros
Helping 30+ people in a day
Cons
high turnover
not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
was awful the job itself was not good and would never recommend it to anyonelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll