Convergys
3,515 reviews

Convergys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place for full time workers, not great for students
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONMay 14, 2013
The company is really reliable at offering full time hours however they lack any sort of understanding for students. The site is very unorganized, and lacks a lot of professionalism. Operation managers are seen yelling at other employees instead of having one on one meetings.
jobs good people not so much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwallis, NSMay 3, 2013
Pros: bring your own lunch or buy it
Cons: 8hrs days 2 days off
i worked here for 6 months and then left because of mishaps in not only my pay but the attitude of the team leaders or TL's as they call them. the calls were easy and straight forward it which wasn't the reason, its was the way they talked to you as a person rather than argue or fight leaving and looking for another job seemed like a the most logical – more... choice – less
Job Security is nice
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: 10 minutes and 20 seconds a call, i say get their address and verify them and hang up cause there is no time left to help them
Well they want 10 minutes and 20 seconds a call, thats very very hard to do when just trying to get a new locator's address out of them and they spend 10 minutes looking for it. So unfair with the call time.
Very productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSMarch 22, 2013
I enjoyed the work that i did, it left a feeling of accomplishment following each shift.
knowledge
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: people and knowledge
Cons: too wide a variety
lots of training
lots of knowledge
stopped for maternity leave
hardest part of the job = dealing with such a Huge variety
of calls
most enjoyable=lots of people around
Was a good company at first
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2013
They were a decent company when they first moved to their new location out by Winnipeg Tech but after the first 2 years things went downhill, bonuses became almost non existent and they didn't seem to care about your time or method of getting to work.
Customer Assistance
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cornwallis, NSMarch 5, 2013
My work was to deal with unruly customers, To sell merchandise, and also to maintain a level head.
An OK place to work if you're not trying to make a career out of it.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay, management
I did not love my job at Convergy's but it paid the bills. A typical work day would be sitting with a headset on your head for 8-9 hours. I did learn how to deal with angry customers in a calm and effective manner and how to build good relationships with customers. The management there is awful, they are constantly threatening to fire their employees. – more... The hardest part of my job would have been that the job wasn't very challenging, it got boring very fast. The most enjoyable part would have been the people I met and the friends I made. – less
not a pleasant experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSFebruary 25, 2013
Answering customers questions and complaints for a medical insurance.
Had great co-workers
Management needed a lot of work
constantly changing seats, headphones, using wipes to clean keyboards and headsets.
leaving at the end of the shift
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: excellent wages and benefits
Cons: left and went to phillipines
Never worked at a better place. Sure miss the call center in Lethbridge, Alberta.
Loved my Co - Workers
Program Ready Trainer (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: many opportunities for advancement
Cons: often faceless processes
I loved my co-workers and the support of the management staff in furthering my career with the company.

Unfortunately the Corporation decided to close our facility and layoff all employees.
Perfect place to work
Technical Support for AT&T U-Verse (Former Employee), PhilippinesFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: irate customers
Basically what we do is answer calls all day but it is fun because at the end of each call you get to help someone. Management is great because we are valued and we get what we deserve for doing a good job. Hardest part of the job would be if there are outages that we cant fix over the phone, sometimes it could be hard to convince people that we are – more... doing our very best. – less
was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours
loved going to work and setting new goals for my team . Most of the people there were nice but some made it hard to work
work-life balancing is easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: long idle periods
A typical day at work consists of taking customer calls regarding their cellphone issues and resolving the issues for them. At this job I learned that working independently with customers was rewarding. The hardest part of this job was the time spent just sitting in one place for hours at a time when call volume was low. It was difficult because I had – more... to sit and stay there to wait for a call to come in, when I couldn't help feeling as tho my time would be better spent helping others on their calls.
The most enjooyable part of the job was when a customer would thank me for resolving their issues, even the smallest "Thanks" for sending a re-print of their bill was enough to give me a feeling of accomplishment, that I was doing a good job. – less
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cornwallis, NSFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: rules constantly changing
Convergys was a good place to work at, great people, great pay and benefits.
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Cons: the late shift
Overall Convergys is a good place to work. The people are friendly and the management was very helpful when needed. The most enjoyable part of working at Convergys was the training it was very detailed and prepared for the time ahead.
p
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: helping costumers
Cons: not being treated well by company
It was nice to assist the customers and for them to be happy by the end of a call
fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), red deer,abFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: new skills leaned
Cons: negative customers
answering as many calls as possible
customer skills and patience
organized
large call center
sometimes not getting positive feedback from customers
solving their issues
deli
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: fast day
slice meat doing order preparing hot case cooking chicken ect
Unreachable stats
Outbound Customer Bilingual Agent (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Not true to the employees with regards to the length of time the initial job was for. We had the understanding that the position was to be full time and ongoing with dedication from all involved. Not the case as they had already planned and arranged for training in India after 4 weeks of our training was completed.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more