Convergys

Convergys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Cons: the late shift
Overall Convergys is a good place to work. The people are friendly and the management was very helpful when needed. The most enjoyable part of working at Convergys was the training it was very detailed and prepared for the time ahead.
p
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: helping costumers
Cons: not being treated well by company
It was nice to assist the customers and for them to be happy by the end of a call
fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), red deer,abFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: new skills leaned
Cons: negative customers
answering as many calls as possible
customer skills and patience
organized
large call center
sometimes not getting positive feedback from customers
solving their issues
deli
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: fast day
slice meat doing order preparing hot case cooking chicken ect
Unreachable stats
Outbound Customer Bilingual Agent (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Not true to the employees with regards to the length of time the initial job was for. We had the understanding that the position was to be full time and ongoing with dedication from all involved. Not the case as they had already planned and arranged for training in India after 4 weeks of our training was completed.
Typical Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: atmosphere, the cafetaria, the day off scheme
Cons: poor pay and bad hours
Convergys was a training based environment, where they were constantly updating your customer service and troubleshooting skills. Surprisingly, they had great benefits and they had a system where you could earn 1 day off per every 80 hours that you worked. The atmosphere felt like a college with a horrible dress code, but most people were very knowledgeable – more... about the product and their positions. The floor management was the best. – less
call center atmosphere
Call Center Operator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: non to mention
Cons: too many to mention
Only worked for converys a few months.
found that some of their policies were not the greatest.
we were not to show empathy or even be sincere when dealing with an account where the customer had just lost their spouse

not impressed with the company and therefore left
Poor company
Customer Service and Retention Specialist (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSDecember 26, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: everything
Answer calls about medical.
The health insurance business in the US
They over manage and under pay
Good co workers.
Dealing with local management.
Seeing friends
Incoming call centre, fast paced troubleshooting environment with lots of support.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONNovember 20, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: erratic schedules: working weekends, two days off every week but not necessarily together.
Convergys provides Customer Care, Billing and Techinical Support for ATT wireless customers. A typical day is very fast paced, solving customers issues Fast, Friendly, Smart! My people skills have become even better. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful as is Management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers when their service – more... is not working. Also, the work scheduling is erratic. The best part of the job is is the gratitude I receive from a customer when I have been able solve their issue. – less
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 7, 2012
The job was actually fun and the pay was decent. I got to meet a lot of different people and develop my communication skills.
attrition
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), Welland, ONOctober 28, 2012
employees are the least of their worries
only 3 people remain from original training team
hours are random, days are random
never work the same hours week to week
no raises ever
First CSR job
Customer Service Representative/Charge Hand (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2012
Pros: positive environment, room for advancement
Cons: travel was far.
Convergys was my first full scale call center/CSR job. I enjoyed it there and advanced pretty quickly. However, they moved and it made getting to work a little difficult. I then searched out work and got a job elsewhere. It was a good work environment.
After working for BCTel I found Convergys work expectations were unequal to the training we received.
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 7, 2012
Pros: medical/dental coverage
Cons: management issues
We were not given any particular place to sit and were not allowed to keep our instruction books at our desks but had to take them home every night and so our day did not start out smoothly. Sometimes there were not enough head sets to go around and we had to stay away from our desks while we tried to find a station where head sets were available.

Our – more... training was sketchy to begin with and we did not have time to learn on the job

Management were dictatorial and sometimes would stand beside of us and berate us while we were on an open line to a customer.

The hardest part of my job was being switched from one city to another without a moments notice when the billing changed from one city to another. I asked to be left in one city and they refused.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was allowed to stay in one city and talking with customers. I seemed to have a knack for working with customers. – less
Productive, fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSOctober 1, 2012
Very friendly place to work. Comfortable environment and easy going.
Good place to work for techies.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: excellent training, professional environment
Cons: no benefits for customer service reps
I was working with customer service contract for AT&T incoming calls. Excellent training and professional working environment. Managers are under pressure and that is passed down to the floor workers. A lot of management turnover. Overall, a very good company to work for in a call in centre.
not a good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 10, 2012
Cons: not very flexible
a company that at first valued their employees but as time passed that slowly disappeared
liked
Fed Ex Customer Service (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: good job
Cons: bus
the only reson i did not stay at coverys was the hrs and they woulnt let me go a few minutes early to catch the bus of course iwas more than happy to make up the time at lunch or in the morning. i like working with people and helping them resolve there problems.
productive but dissatisfying
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 23, 2012
Pros: pays more than minimum wadge
Cons: low paying job
I learn new things everyday at my job. My co-workers are as helpful as they can be. The hardest part of my job is telling the customers something they don't wanna hear. In this line of business the customer is almost never right. I really enjoy speaking with people from all over. Some calls you even get to have a good laugh with the customers!
Too high pressured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, MBAugust 19, 2012
Pros: decent hours / shift work
Cons: minimum wage abd high pressured
Not very rewarding and very demanding for minimum wage

This company is no longer in Brandon.
Metric Driven company
Assistant Team Leader/Trainer/Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 9, 2012
Highly competitive for motivation but was driven entirely on metrics instead of customer satisfaction. This led to clients being pushed off the call after the allotted time, regardless of resolution. Eventually, the client had to choose another supplier of technical support as their customers were unhappy.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more