Convergys Employee Reviews

Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
Always entertaining, quick advancement, multiple departments
Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 June 2016
Convergys was a family atmosphere, everywhere you turned there was someone else that you knew either in your personal life or from friends of friends. There were a wide range of ages from young men and women just out of their teens to older people in there 60's to older. The management and trainers were helpful in any situation and you had a choice of departments to work in either prepaid, contract, technical support, warranty, and returns, to online support as well as online chats. There was Mobile Support as well as Home phone for Cincinnati Bell to work in.
The personalities of the Team leads was the most fun, because you could work for either a by the book or a laid back but under neath hard cor when work means work, you work but could also have the sense of humor of a long time vet...
The fund raising as well as morale boosting events were varied as well, from Halloween days, Christmas parties, BBQ's, Head shaving for cancer, Duct taping the manager to the deck wall and water ballon fights, and the like.
There was always an interesting something happening at any point during the week, and everyday brought the thought" what interesting thing is gona happen today?"
Pros
Excellent kitchen with homemade food every day
Are you a masochist?
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 April 2015
You need to be slightly masochistic to work here.

The micromanagement, increasingly harder goals to reach, constantly changing regulations, low morale, and harsh HR policies make it difficult to actually like the job. The job itself isn't that bad.

You need to do your job with cookie cutter accuracy while being encouraged to be creative.

You need to work as a team member while trying to beat them in a stack rank.

You will be graded on your calls and expected to view it all as constructive criticism.

You will be expected to be VERY empathetic toward the customer while being shown very little from management.

You will be timed on everything, right down to how many seconds you take to use the bathroom.

You will be given 10 days per year only to take care of your own illness and those of your family; nearly impossible with children.

I learned quite a bit about some technical aspects of peripherals. Most of that training happened outside the training room and on actual calls; no mock calls were given to try and ease that transition.

The benefits provided were meager and didn't cover half my medications.
Pros
Free Christmas supper
Cons
Work/life balance, morale, empathy
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS27 May 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Incoming call centre, fast paced troubleshooting environment with lots of support.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON20 November 2012
Convergys provides Customer Care, Billing and Techinical Support for ATT wireless customers. A typical day is very fast paced, solving customers issues Fast, Friendly, Smart! My people skills have become even better. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful as is Management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers when their service is not working. Also, the work scheduling is erratic. The best part of the job is is the gratitude I receive from a customer when I have been able solve their issue.
benefits
Cons
erratic schedules: working weekends, two days off every week but not necessarily together.
It is what you make of it
Level II technical agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 September 2014
I spent three years at Convergys and while there are good experiences and bad (as with any job), for the most part the attitude you bring to the job is the most important factor. Yes, the customer interactions can sometimes be less than stellar but the people you work with are top notch and with some exceptions, management is as supportive as they can be while still doing their job.

The wages are not great, but it is a call centre. The focus is on revenue generation and that is clear right out of the gate, but with bonuses and incentives, you can make enough to pay the bills and go out to dinner now and then.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with (depending on the contract you're on). If you can manage to stay away from the interoffice politics, you can come to work and sit next to people who will make the day fly by.

Overall, I would say apply to this job, but be realistic and bring a positive attitude.
Pros
Incentives, employee appreciation benefits, good people
Cons
Low pay, interoffice drama, tough-to-handle customers
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Lots of room for improvement
Technical Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines27 December 2012
A typical day at work is fast paced but enjoyable, you get to help people from all walks of life and people all over the US. Working with Convergys Philippines taught me alot on my technical engineering skills. Everyone specially the management on Convergys are playful and approachable which makes the ambiance light and comfortable. For two years working at convergys, i never find the job hard because i get to help people with their issues and everytime i get to solve their problems, the "thank you's" and appreciations coming from them takes all the hard work off.
Pros
free lunches, playful environment and good benefits
Cons
low pay
7 years of great Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 July 2014
My day comprised of talking to health care professionals about claims, benefits, eligibility & contracting issues. I learned that I could talk on the phone and work a computer at the same time. The best part of the job was the people I met on the phone everyday & the people that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was knowing what some people in the world were going through health wise. The management were okay.

I looked forward to going to work because I got to talk with my friends & help the people who phoned in everyday.
Pros
Friends, learning new skils & helping people
Cons
not enough training in some areas to do my job properly
Call Centre
Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2015
Excellent entry-level job. At the time wages were average, however lack of benefits were noticeable. Problem solving was the key skill in this job. I answered phone calls at a inbound call facility for Hewlett-Packard assisting their customers in computer related issues. From software installation to hardware troubleshooting.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with and the joy of solving problems and making the customer happy. The most difficult part of the job was also customer based. Not all problems can be solved to the satisfaction of the customer. The best way to explain that is to say this, no one calls the help desk to say how great things are going, everyone who calls is usually upset or frustrated to begin with and that makes the job somewhat stressful having to try and please an already upset individual.
Pros
Teamwork, atmosphere, joy of getting the job done
Cons
Many angry/frustrated customers (at the beginning of the call)
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 September 2016
We need to be able to have more time off. I am ready to leave due to the stress level of the job. Managers do not work with the employees with regards to time off.
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  london9 June 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 August 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 April 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 February 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS25 February 2016
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
Pros
Good coworkers, liked the customers
full time job
agent (Former Employee) –  welland16 August 2016
answer calls from customers and offer to sell them products/services that will benefit them.

start on afternoon shift but can move to days as soon as 6 months.

pay is pretty good if you can sell
Pros
full time hours, bonuses for sales
Median
HR Client Services - Payroll and Pension Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 June 2015
The Human Resource part of Convergys was bought out by NGA in 2009. I have been with both companies a total of 7 years and recently resigned. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the change in policies such as raises etc took away the morale within the company. I hope that changes at some point so people will stay longer and be more content.
Pros
Great
Cons
Poor pay
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work