Convergys Employee Reviews

Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2016
Management is poorly run and does not care about employees. They have favourites and call you out in front of everyone. Lots of people have gone on medical leave due to stress.
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 July 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
SENIOR MANAGER, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 November 2016
Opportunities to advance. Great culture and rewards program in place. Leadership was accessible and awesome corporate training available to progress within the organization.
Bosses
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 January 2017
The bosses are amazing and are willing to help you out when ever they can as long as you are willing to work and do the job you signed on to do .
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 September 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 July 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON9 December 2016
Worked there a long time ago
Was okay for the most part
Some management lacked the skills needed to assist in doing well at the job
Older computer equipment
Average
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2016
Just an average customer service job. Customers call and you fix their problems. Almost zero job advancement but good pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
management and advancement

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
Convergys
Call center (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS17 February 2017
i was talking incoming phone calls from Wednesday to Sunday.they are flex able for when i was going to school. I was going thought stress
experience
Business & Commercial Client / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
in my experience, Call center job. average pay... great community of workers. good team leaders and proper work ethics.
Push sales way to hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 August 2016
Convergys no longer cares about their customers and only cares about meeting the sales goals. The management does nothing but make sure your'e attempting to sell tv service when youre supposed to be assisting with cellphone accounts.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
push sales to hard
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 June 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative - DirecTV (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 November 2016
Awesome place to work. Management is helpful. Client is very lenient and lots of incentives (free swag!!!!!) go go go go go
It's a call center
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2016
I worked at convergys for approx 3 years. In that time I worked in two different departments. I found the job to be very mentally draining and frustrating as management demands and customer demands often conflict. Would not work with again.
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 August 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.