Convergys Employee Reviews

Very stressful
BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  business specialist24 April 2017
I worked under a very stressed out manager which made working there very hard. Not only do customers yell at you all day and now the management does too- not fun.
Call Center Customent Service Specialist
Inbound Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON24 April 2017
Excellent place to improve customer service skills, multitask, going extra mile and a 100 percent customer satisfaction. Excellent environment, excellent management team.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 April 2017
i really enjoy working at here just not enough hours lots of new things to learn all the time. easy going company they will help you when every they can for accommodations
Pros
fun
Cons
little hrs
Okay workplace
Technical Support and Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON10 April 2017
The job itself was an okay job consider it was customer care and help desk. It is a job in today's today and age which is more than some places have..
People that work here anr awesome
BOT (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
The people who work at convergys are the only reason I stayed there over 8 years.
Unfortunately after getting taken advantage of one to many times by "management" and being deliberately held back from advancement, I made the informed choice to walk away.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Long hours and managment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 April 2017
Dealing with American Customers for General Motors. I would take customer complaints with dealerships and help customers with getting repairs covered for customers.
Pros
feeling like you helped someone
Cons
hauled customer service out of canada
Productic
csa/tier 2 (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS24 March 2017
Typical day would be taking medical insurance calls providing what is covered for clients to a medical professional. As tier 2 I handelled call escalations as a supervisor, did over phone and on floor training to coworkers in our workplace and in the Philippines.
I learned various medical terms and descriptions and how to be patient and handle angry or happy medical/dental professionals. How to handle appeals and claims as well.
Management was always good.
Learned a great amount of Philippine culture.
Hardest part of my job was some of the criticism and put downs by some of the callers, sometimes you will get called names and told how terrible you are, most of which was out of our control as we do not actually process claims and appeals, we would just provide most of the information or send down for processing. It gets easier to handle the more you hear it, after a little bit it doesn't effect you in any way.
Most enjoyable thing was the friend I made working there even in the Philippines. I learned a lot of Medical, Dental and Vision information, example being given a certain procedure name and looking it up and getting a full explanation on how it is done, what tools are used and where it takes place. Learned how to train new coworkers in p[person and on the phone. etc.
Pros
Vgh
Cons
Evening hours when you want morning
Good place
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 March 2017
Good place to works , very accommodating for a student schedule. Good culture. Convergys welland is a good part time place or full time. They are very accommodating
not at this time
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 March 2017
I do not care to submit a review at this time. I have had many years with this company and have gained much experiencing with data entry to customer service and sales.
Very heavy on sales.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 March 2017
I worked here for 14 years​ and there were times that it was a good work place. Lately however it has gone down hill. I left because for me it had become a poisoning work environment​. The managers they have in place have been there far too long and are in need of an upgrade. I also left because of the sales aspect but if you like to sell and are good at selling it can be a good job. Wage wise you'll see little to no increase. Your schedule is based on your performance when it comes to shift bidding. If you can sell they'll leave you be but if you don't sell they will hound you until you do. Every conversation with TL and MO are the same...Sell sell sell...Even if you hit your targets, they'll ask for more. Good luck if you join here.
Pros
Free parking. Can be flexible when it comes to school schedules
Cons
Little to no pay increase. Over the top when it comes to selling.
Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 March 2017
The worst management to work with. Does not care about their employees. God forbid they have a personal life. You're expected to be there and be working, can't even go to the washroom without management calling you out in front of other employees. It's disgusting how they treat their employees.
Productive and a Fast Phase Environment
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ortigas15 March 2017
With the High Volumes of Technical Calls received in the production floor coming from most of the Cities Across US, it is required from us to provide the fastest and easiest solution possible to the client while not compromising the quality of service that the company is embodying. Adhering to the companies standards and workflows, I averaged 30-35 technical calls every shift and was able to work in a multi-task mode in every call as Documentation is also required apart from the walk-through for the technical solution.
It's a fun environment because of the challenges in most of the calls, maintaining scores on the metrics, and the technical training provided in the company that are mostly on New TelCo Technology. The only hard part was most of the shifts are scheduled at night.
Pros
Lots of Training and Bonuses if you perform well
Cons
Graveyard Shift
Great Experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 March 2017
Very Friendly Staff and culture. love to be there again. but due to personal problem's can't be. great opportunity for youngsters.
learn so many creative things around and opportunity to meet such nice peoples.
Good job, productive workplace
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 March 2017
The job was great for hours and income, benefits and stability. The staff was friendly and helpful and the management were respectful, helpful and friendly. I ended up leaving because I decided to take course at nscc to get into a possible higher paying job and better education and opportunity.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly co workers
Great co-workers
Customer support associate/Appeals agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the politics of management was not always appropriate. My assessments usually gave me the rating of "key contributor" which was the highest rating and you received a bonus. The team leads were not permitted to give that award to me more then three times even though they did not have any fault with my work. I was told they had to rate "on a curve".
Call center employment is a very stressful job but I was dealing with Appeals which I found very interesting.
Pros
achievement awards
Cons
agressive management
Once you get familiar it's easy work
Technical support associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2017
The training is not particularly good but after a month or two on the floor you will generally have the hang of it and it becomes an easy and often stressful job. Management is pulled from agents, often a little too quickly and they often don't have enough training either. Security can be a problem with contract loss but they do go out of their way to keep employees and move them to other contracts if possible. A good boon is you never get called in, shifts are constant and steady and when you go home work stays at work.
Pros
Easy after a while, Great feedback and on the floor help
Cons
Poor training makes a horrible first month on calls, sometimes poor management
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support Engineer (DELL) (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
I love this Job. Good work place . Team environment. Opportunity to grow. Training provided. Great management.Huge Experience to work with big team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Holiday jobs
Steady Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON24 February 2017
steady hours and lots of overtime. Sales is a big aspect now, but you can make really good bonuses if you make the sales. Team Leads are really helpful.
Pros
sales bonuses
Cons
reptative
Hardest job to show up to
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
This is the kind of job that has to give out bonuses for attendance, because the job it so horrid, that people just don't show up. The pay is abismal, even if you work on one of the higher paying contracts. They wave bonuses in your face that are very difficult to obtain, because they usually have to do with creating good customer experience, but they won't give you enough time to actually follow up with that. As mentioned in the title, this job is extremely hard to show up to, there are days where an entire row of people aren't in, the management is often times not in either. Convergys seems to me to be a place where they make it extremely difficult to obtain the information you need on purpose. The health coverage is nice, but you have to pay upfront, so I am unable to use it, as I am not making enough money to balance bills and debt, while still having enough to go and get my eyes checked.
Pros
Decent health coverage, some deals at local buisnesses
Cons
Management has to follow procedure, so you may lose points on attendance if you have to leave for any reason
Awsome job Loved it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS21 February 2017
I loved my job with Sprint, we had so much fun, BBQs every Friday a birthday party every month for every one who had a birthday, great pay, clean environment awesome benefits awesome staff..al around great place to work.
Pros
Every thing
Cons
Distance from work to home and they closed the doors for good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.