Convergys Employee Reviews

Don't even bother - this place will ruin your health.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 June 2017
I started working at Convergys in Welland last year. I was told sales was a component of the job but there were no quotas or pressure. Once you're through training and on the floor, you quickly learn that sales is the only thing that matters to this company. Many, many reps were physically ill due to being hounded by the coaches and some operations managers. This place is a pressure cooker that affected my health and the health of many others. I would not recommend Convergys as a place to work. Just about any other call center would be better. The coaches were nice, but they were pressured by the ops managers to pressure reps for sales. The only good thing was, you could get every other weekend off. The people you worked with were also excellent.
Pros
every other weekend off, you could make extra money for performance and sales, The customers weren't too bad all in all.
Cons
everything about the place
An exciting place to work. Nice environment with friendly people around you ready to offer assistance
Inbound Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 June 2017
Exciting place to work but you most be dedicated to customer service. Must be ready to answer long calls and ensure customers are satisfied. Must be knowledgeable with software used at the call center and also ready to offer sales of products
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
calls could be frustrating with some difficult customers
Up-beat work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Love everyone in management! They are what make this place a easy going and fun environment. Very hands on and helpful environment no matter what the issue at hand is.
Full time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 June 2017
We were a call center that had contracts with American companies to provide customer service for phone carriers. We handled both landlines and mobile phones.
Not for me
Customer Care & Retention Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 May 2017
Typical call centre work. Training is thorough, however, once you're on the floor don't expect any help. Team leaders generally avoid having to get involved with complicated calls. Job can be really stressful due to the policies and procedures created by the client and company. Wouldn't go back and work here even if they offered to double my salary. You get treated worse than a child in grade school, having to put your hand up to request if you can use the washroom. High stress, low pay, if that's your bag, go for it, they'll love you. Wear a diaper.
Pros
Cons
Angry customers, stressful job, unhelpful management.
Full time hours and benefits
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2017
Training is good at Convergys, the benefits are a key feature of being employed here. They also provide full time hours and mandatory overtime quite often.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Mandatory overtime, shift bids
Productive place to work with the opportunity to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 May 2017
When I began my career at Convergys I was a customer care representative. I was able to advance to a fraud agent then a trainer and prior to the center closing I was an escalation supervisor and finally a team lead.
working and learing new stuff daily
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 May 2017
starting at 5 am, setting up the computer programs and logins.
receive call about billing for medication and information to access.
Or receiving call about internet and cable billing, calls could be nasty but with training provided was able to satisfy customers in 2 minutes.
Management was always available and provided you support on the issues you couldn't handle. the hardest part was learning not to take what the consumers said personally, the most enjoyable was being praised and thanked by the customer. And then being recognized by your management.
Pros
bbq dinners
decent work
Pharmacy educator (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS20 May 2017
I worked on the humana contract. It was fun to talk to the Americans and help them save money. The management could improved on communication skills. My TL was never around when you needed help. It was a lot of self learning on the job.
Textbook Example How Not to Treat Employees
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 May 2017
-liked the work I was doing, liked helping customers resolve technical issues
-spent all day at a desk in front of a computer, with a headset on
-frequent forced overtime and/or half lunch breaks
-six years no pay increases (as Stream; corrected to a degree a couple years before bought by Convergys)
-management (at corporate level certainly, as well as some middle management) has no trust in or respect for employees; for example, rather than permit (sometimes contractually-obligated) access to pen and paper or to printers in cases such as tools outage or for information-sharing on tough issues, employees were denied access to same on the grounds that we were likely to use them to steal from the company; policies became more restrictive as time passed
Pros
indoor work, moderately climate controlled, no lifting
Cons
company culture

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Decent job
Humana Rx Education (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS18 May 2017
This place is great to work for but your points catch you very fast. Depending on the contract that you get on it can vary as to how much you enjoy it.
Pros
High paying, friendly management
Cons
American point system that they use for attendance
Fun. Competive. Reliable
Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2017
I enjoyed the people I work with. Always someone eager to help when needed.

I however found it too hard mentally to sit down rather then move around
Pros
Incentives with directv sales and add a line
Cons
Not moving enough
customer care rep
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 May 2017
as a customer care rep it gave me the opportunity to deal with concerns from inbound calls such as billing, sales and upgrades. and to work with others in the field.
Pros
great hours
Cons
job closed down
It was call center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2017
It was call center and had no interest in the works or the work condition and job security was very poor. The place was never cleaned and and chairs were not very good for your and if you were sick to many time you were let go even if you had note from the doctor
Pros
it was a job
Cons
everything
Great atmosphere to work in, terrible job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
The great management made this job much better, they offer you help when you need it but aren't very empathetic when it comes to difficult customers. Don't always recognize your strengths but always mention any weakness you may have but they do try to help you get better at your job.
Pros
Cafeteria
stressfull
Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 May 2017
stressful phone support with upset customer
lower pay but ok benefits
good management they do there best follow company process and still help the employees
good people to work with
Most enjoyable part of job
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TIRE II AGENT (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2017
Always meet new people to communicate with and help them solve issues. Come to enjoy the culture with lot of people working with. Fun going out with co-workers after work.
Fun place to work and win prizes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 May 2017
I made a lot of great friends while working here. I learned a lot and there were always lots of prizes to win. The pay was not great and I did not like the hours.
People are great, but the job demands a lot.
Rogers Wireless Small Business Specialist (MSD) (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2017
i didnt mind the job itself at all... the people i worked with were always extremely friends, supportive and helpful. in the end it was the fact that the hours were so crazy while i was going through a rough time in my life so it caused me to miss to much time resulting in my employment being terminated.... the job itself is fine but i do however think that the 4-5 10hour in a row work days for months on end at only $11.25 an hour was a bit much.... i felt like all i ever did was work yet you wouldnt know it by the paychecks i was bringing in.... one day i might give it another go....
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
long hours.
stressful at times
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 May 2017
extremely busy call center , management sometimes ill-equipped, hardest part of the job was being in a queue and no break whatsoever between calls, not enough time to note accounts, enjoyable part was co-workers
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no schedule consistency, long periods with no weekend off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.