Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)
Good
Customer Srevice / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 18, 2016
I liked talking to lots of different people and there was not any heavy lifting. Good hours and nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there ver much.
Pros
fun
Cons
no windows.
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 12, 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
NOt my Thing
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
Taking calls, and assisting customers, with issues they have. Trying to do so in a timely manner. Co-workers were nice and were the best part of the whole job. Problem is they change rules and how things go constantly. For instance your taught one thing this week, and its completely useless or changed the next. Also sitting all day and answering phones is not my cup of tea. I prefer movement and face to face interaction.
Not well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 30, 2016
Very unorganized. During training we were taught one way, once you get out of the floor it is very different. Support takes too long to get to people when they have questions
Typical Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 11, 2012
* Business Practices are updated daily, so one has to check emails and\or 'chats' regularly.
* High-level Multi-tasking is beneficial as there are numerous resources to work with
* Hardest Part of the Job to control feedback as if customer had a bad experience with a prior rep it may affect your
* I learned the art of quick and efficient problem solving methods
* As in any workplace Co-Workers vary some need a lot of assistance, others are basically distracting, but when floor support is short staffed a cumulative effort always resolves every issue.
* Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers with getting the best value for their money.
Pros
shift bidding; shift preference based on statistics
Cons
raise is not based on performance
7 years of great Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 27, 2014
My day comprised of talking to health care professionals about claims, benefits, eligibility & contracting issues. I learned that I could talk on the phone and work a computer at the same time. The best part of the job was the people I met on the phone everyday & the people that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was knowing what some people in the world were going through health wise. The management were okay.

I looked forward to going to work because I got to talk with my friends & help the people who phoned in everyday.
Pros
friends, learning new skils & helping people
Cons
not enough training in some areas to do my job properly
enjoyed working in this enviroment
customer service (Former Employee) –  truro-- power centerAugust 21, 2012
enjoyed answering calls and helping out our customers . even though when u answered the call some where very upset over there bills or service from previous rep usally could calm them down enough to resolve there issues .hardest part i think was to keep your self esteem up as some cust tomers would call u names and degrade you , had to rememvber they do not know u personally and that they where mad really at there bills and cell phones .i enjoued resolving there issues made me feel like i did something good for someone when they where finished there call and praise you for a good job and sometiomes wanted to speak to your manger to tell them so.
Pros
excellent bonus and prizes for a good job .
Cons
company no longer in business
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when  more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always being asked "What could you have done better"
Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 10, 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
Long term job with minimal pay in over the phone customer relations
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 18, 2016
When you come to work, all you mostly do is answer phones and questions from customers calling in with concerns or issues. They teach you all the resources you need and show you where to find answers for other questions that may be asked. The on-the-floor management team is great and usually do their best to make it a less-stressed work environment. The pay is on the low end of the spectrum compared to other companies who have their representatives in same or similar positions. In the limited amounts of time you are able to talk to your co-workers, you can end up making long term friendships since there is nothing else to do except talk and type notes.

The hardest part of working is constant pressure from the constant calls coming in and only able to breath during breaks and lunch while at work. There is very limited time to get extra training, check for updates/changes to the system, or even to finish notes after a call. If you are in constant que (or have constant calls waiting), you are unable to do these items and at times it might be days, or even weeks, before you have time to catch up on training, unless you are willing to use break and unpaid time to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with some customers, if you don't mind loosing track of your average handle time. Some have interesting stories, or bits of wisdom. Many different walks of life.
Pros
Making people happy, the co-workers
Cons
Tough to constantly reach stats, low pay
Now CONVERGSYS, formerly Stream when I was hired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 13, 2015
Demanding work, very fast paced, better pay than some jobs, strict policies, if you don't mind angry customers 99.9% of the time this job is for you. It is a good starting job for your first job to put on your resume, however, this is cubicle work and it does wear you down quickly. I was working 4x10 shifts (4 days, 10 hours each, with three days off) which seems like a very long time sitting down, However, you do get great flexibility with your shifts. However, if you don't like to be a number in a statistic I highly recommend not to do this job, it's easy to get work here, make sure you can type 60 WPM (easy).
Overall, it's a line of work that will tire you out once you are on the floor answering calls. I hope one day there will be more freedom with this job position, allowing more time with customers because they are being rushed by your policies. I do not think its not necessarily a bad thing, but customers and people alike appreciate that they are getting the attention they need.
Pros
Flexible shifts, somewhat decent co-workers, above average pay
Cons
Anonymous employees reporting you to HR, long hours, statistics driven, unfortunate bad documentation from other centers, few happy and calm customers, and very fast paced work.
good place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 2, 2016
it wasn't a bad place to work the staff were willing to help and work with you when needed, the gave you the time off you needed,
Incoming call centre, fast paced troubleshooting environment with lots of support.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 20, 2012
Convergys provides Customer Care, Billing and Techinical Support for ATT wireless customers. A typical day is very fast paced, solving customers issues Fast, Friendly, Smart! My people skills have become even better. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful as is Management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers when their service is not working. Also, the work scheduling is erratic. The best part of the job is is the gratitude I receive from a customer when I have been able solve their issue.
benefits
Cons
erratic schedules: working weekends, two days off every week but not necessarily together.
Lots of room for improvement
Technical Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 27, 2012
A typical day at work is fast paced but enjoyable, you get to help people from all walks of life and people all over the US. Working with Convergys Philippines taught me alot on my technical engineering skills. Everyone specially the management on Convergys are playful and approachable which makes the ambiance light and comfortable. For two years working at convergys, i never find the job hard because i get to help people with their issues and everytime i get to solve their problems, the "thank you's" and appreciations coming from them takes all the hard work off.
Pros
free lunches, playful environment and good benefits
Cons
low pay
Convergys is a great enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 23, 2016
Convergys is a adaptable workplace, the people and supervisors are very outgoing . The shift work was reasonable ,bendable, and also do able
Pros
great staff
Cons
late nights
Relaxed work environment, full of positive and friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJanuary 10, 2016
A typical work day, starts with getting all your tools and programs set up on the computer. Once it's time for your shift to begin, we log into our phones ans start taking calls.

A lot of the calls are the same because we are dealing with strictly cell phones, but they're different in their own way. You will get the occasional irate customer, but many times you will find yourself and the customer laughing together.

My time at Convergys has taught me a lot about cell phone functions, various plans and promotions, how to manage talking to a customer while also working on two different computer screens. They teach you how to handle and react when someone is irate. They're training program makes you very confident in explaining how to operate a device or how to explain an account change.

The co-workers at Convergys are very fun and easy going. The work place is always filled with laughter, however it's still in a professional manner. Everyone is very friendly, and you find yourself making friends very quickly.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when you have an upset customer who is difficult to calm down and to help. I've experienced many customers who were upset with what was happening with their phone and ultimately their first reaction is to get upset, and with good reason, since they are paying for our services. It can be hard to maintain that professional tone, and to stay calm yourself. If you're having a hard time with the call, management is happy to step in and help you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people all over the
  more... United States. You hear new accents, sometimes a customer will tell you about their day. I've had many calls where once their issue was solved, they then just wanted to talk. It may be over the phone but you definitely meet a lot of new and great people. I find myself always smiling and laughing along with the customer. It makes the job easier and it's nice to have that connection with someone, even if it is brief.  less
Pros
Very laid back, calm setting.
Cons
Siting in a chair all day.
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Pros
Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons
Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Awesome co-workers & management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSFebruary 8, 2016
Full-time, worked 9:00 - 5:30 Monday-Friday as a Customer Service Associate. Worked with the most amazing co-workers. I loved going to work everyday. I only had to call in sick twice in 9 years.