Convergys Employee Reviews

Technically inefficient
Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2016
For a call centre that promotes in training that agents are important to the success of the company why are are agents subjected to using inadequate tools in their training process? Constant loss of connection, freezing of Internet Explorer sessions, use of visual aids that are hard to see in a classroom, outdated hardware and software combined with a training cirriculum that doesn't flow properly doesn't make for an interesting training environment. The fact you can't take paper notes and do not have any access to training materials out of class and have to commit a lot to memory is very challenging. Chances of advancement are limited to the elite few. Everyone has to start as an agent regardless of past experiences, work experience or skill set. For a company that provides tech support for other companies they need to look at their own IT infrastructure because it's only a matter of time before Convergys experiences a cascade of technical issues within because of their lack of their own technical support team. Great "sales" to get a person onboard but as an IT job the pay is below the poverty level and is not inline with the going rate for tier two IT support in Ontario. Basically it's a Mcjob.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor training tools
Easy
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 June 2016
Great place to work. Very busy, and the training was easy to handle. I do feel like in the evening there was not enough supervisors on hand.
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS14 June 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  london9 June 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 June 2016
The workplace is a loud environment with terrible team leads for support. Poorly kept, and dirty building. I was there for 7 months, and found myself less then thought of when it came to personal loss. Had to make multiple reports to the labor board for their illegal acts of discipline and lack of documentation they use for reports.
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2016
Makes for a long day when you're new. The hardest part was trying to decipher accents over the phone, as well as what the problem was.
Great learning atmosphere for beginners
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC31 May 2016
Great place to work and learn for students and folks who are right out of college. Lots of training, fast paced environment.
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS27 May 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON14 May 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 May 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)
good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 April 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phillipines18 April 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
Good
Customer Srevice / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 April 2016
I liked talking to lots of different people and there was not any heavy lifting. Good hours and nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there ver much.
Pros
fun
Cons
no windows.
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 April 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
Working for Beelzebub with air conditioning where hope goes to die.
Customer Service Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 April 2016
Sign in, open all programs, pray computer is functioning properly and up to speed, troubleshoot internet connectivity problems for customers, get yelled at by people who have no idea how computers work yet own one anyway and insist any problems with the computer itself or the service they receive in a different country than your own is directly your fault, process payments for people who don't understand what a monthly fee is, calm said customers and empathize with their problems, schedule technicians for repairs, set up/close accounts, all while documenting all interactions with customers. I learned Einstein was right: ignorance is infinite, and that some jobs you must weigh the damage on your soul with earning a living. The management team was largely a dictatorial menace, akin to Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler in levels of understanding, empathy, and logic. The co-workers were the only redeeming aspect of the job, as most had high IQ's, great personalities, and had to be friendly to a fault to deal with the mostly unreasonable clientèle on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was feeling a piece of your soul get hacked off every time you heard the *boop* in your ear and a new customer was on the line, and all the exciting ridiculousness that followed suit to that point. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break room repartee, and quitting the job in question.
Pros
Smart and fun co-workers, a few interesting customers, the satisfaction of problem solving.
Cons
Repeatedly unfathomable human ignorance, being accused of being a robot by customers, and the general insanity that came along satisfying customers.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 April 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there