Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pedro SulaOctober 19, 2015
Its a great place to be working in, learned many new skills made many friends, Had the opportunity to develop myself and my team to become even better in the job we where doing.
productive and fun place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
eight hours a day and 40 hours a week.
communication with people.
listen to the issue and give an answer in a simple way.
a good system to mange the job
MY LIFE AT CONVERGYS
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  BELLEVILLE ONTARIOOctober 14, 2015
I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALLOWED ME TO GROW, BY ALLOWING ME TO LEARN FROM OWN MISTAKES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE MANAGER WHO TOOK ME FROM BEING A VERY SHY , HAVING NO FAITH IN MYSELF , TO BEING ABLE TO RUN A QUEUE OF 75 PEOPLE ON MY OWN.

THAT HOWEVER CANNOT BE SAID FOR ALL MANAGERS AT CONVERGYS , THE REASON I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WORK IS BECAUSE OF MY CURRENT MANAGER . I AM TIRED I BEING TREATED LIKE I AM IN GRADE SCHOOL.
BENEFITS
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT DON'T CARE
Very stressful environment, with little encouragement or benefits.
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONOctober 14, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this employer to my enemies. The only good thing about working there was it was a paycheque.
There is too many bosses, a person gets told what to do by many people, often the instructions are conflicting.
Now CONVERGSYS, formerly Stream when I was hired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 13, 2015
Demanding work, very fast paced, better pay than some jobs, strict policies, if you don't mind angry customers 99.9% of the time this job is for you. It is a good starting job for your first job to put on your resume, however, this is cubicle work and it does wear you down quickly. I was working 4x10 shifts (4 days, 10 hours each, with three days off) which seems like a very long time sitting down, However, you do get great flexibility with your shifts. However, if you don't like to be a number in a statistic I highly recommend not to do this job, it's easy to get work here, make sure you can type 60 WPM (easy).
Overall, it's a line of work that will tire you out once you are on the floor answering calls. I hope one day there will be more freedom with this job position, allowing more time with customers because they are being rushed by your policies. I do not think its not necessarily a bad thing, but customers and people alike appreciate that they are getting the attention they need.
Pros
Flexible shifts, somewhat decent co-workers, above average pay
Cons
Anonymous employees reporting you to HR, long hours, statistics driven, unfortunate bad documentation from other centers, few happy and calm customers, and very fast paced work.
very productive
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotiaOctober 7, 2015
this was a company that i learned from, i was trained in the use of windows and was able to fix computers over the phones
trainers were awesome, learned a lot from them
Pros
close to home
Cons
sometimes long hours sitting
Challenging and demanding job for so-so pay
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 5, 2015
Interesting work. I learned a lot and appreciate the training efforts made. However, the pay and benefits offered are less than the job is worth. Also, it's a very 1984 work environment where you are electronically monitored every second of every day. Staff is continuously rated and shift selection depends on ratings. This puts pressure on you if you are not naturally suited to the situation. As with any job that deals with the public, especially considering telephone anonymity, you get calls from impatient, rude and hostile people. If you're not used to that, it can be very unsettling. While efforts are made to provide technical support to staff, it is primitive, disorganized and incomplete. Tricks of the trade are often learned by asking each other which means some get important information and some don't. All-in-all, if you are well suited to the job, it can be fine. If you struggle with some aspects, you will stress out and fail.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Strict 1984-style monitoring
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Fast paced work environment
Support professional (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Convergys is a fast pace work enrironment, dealing with customers all day on the phones and being busy you always have something that needs to be done. Its a great place to work and the people you work with are amazing
A positive and upbeat work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 25, 2015
This job teaches me a lot about how the telecommunications industry works. It also requires that I be the absolute best that I can be in providing superior customer service. This job comes with the requirement of continuous training and also provides a group of supportive and friendly team leaders and co-workers.
Pros
Stable employment & Benefits
Cons
Little room for upward career mobility
good place to work
Customer Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 21, 2015
I had to take inbound calls to help people solve their internet connectivity issues in 10 minutes and 20 seconds. I took between 40 to 60 calls a day.
Pros
good benefits regular schedule regular breaks
Cons
very negative working environment
not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 10, 2015
good starting job, good flexibility on hours, good benefits. They have corporate events which makes the workplace seem more than just a job
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Great job, friendly staff, worked for the employer until the company closed and moved to China. I enjoyed my time there and look forward to my new employment.
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 10, 2015
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Pros
Courses were available to those interested
Cons
wages
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when  more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always being asked "What could you have done better"
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Pros
Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons
Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Good job
Telecommunication Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2015
This job is nice because it keeps you up and moving, you socialize and help customers get what they want. It is a good job for those that like to socialize.
not a great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 4, 2015
only wanted a person in the seat to answer the phone - management had no connection with the people that worked there. call centre environment but not at all interested in helping or growing staff
Pros
mon-fri 9-5 job
Cons
didn't value its staff
Productive for sure
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack B.CSeptember 3, 2015
Fun place, However did have some draw backs like the average handle time was hard to achieve for what was needed to be done. Other then that it was a good place to be..
Pros
Got to interact with fun an enjoyable people
Cons
Long an stressful