Convergys Employee Reviews

Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 February 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 April 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Convergys is a great place to work!!!
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 February 2016
I love working at Convergys, the teams are fun and management are very understanding and great to work with. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job here. But the best part of the job is the customers and the enjoyment I get when I can wow that customer with over the top customer service skills. My co-workers are fantastic and I always enjoy coming to work and seeing their faces.
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS1 February 2016
A typical day at work was answering phone calls from clients and Health Care Professionals about their Health insurance. Always learning new product. Went from being a CSA to a Supervisor and it was a great experience working there,great people to work with. My co-workers were awesome,just like family. The hardest part of the job was when the clients would call upset about a bill they received and thinking they didn't need to pay when indeed they did and very upsetting when they would call with their life and told us all about it(when they had something very sad about their life) The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out with their questions and concerns.
Great learning atmosphere for beginners
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC31 May 2016
Great place to work and learn for students and folks who are right out of college. Lots of training, fast paced environment.
Easy
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 June 2016
Great place to work. Very busy, and the training was easy to handle. I do feel like in the evening there was not enough supervisors on hand.
Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 June 2016
I love working here but it dose not suit me well i love being on my feet and on the go sitting all day on the phone, i not suited for me
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2016
Makes for a long day when you're new. The hardest part was trying to decipher accents over the phone, as well as what the problem was.
NOt my Thing
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 December 2015
Taking calls, and assisting customers, with issues they have. Trying to do so in a timely manner. Co-workers were nice and were the best part of the whole job. Problem is they change rules and how things go constantly. For instance your taught one thing this week, and its completely useless or changed the next. Also sitting all day and answering phones is not my cup of tea. I prefer movement and face to face interaction.
Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)
Good
Customer Srevice / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 April 2016
I liked talking to lots of different people and there was not any heavy lifting. Good hours and nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there ver much.
Pros
fun
Cons
no windows.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2016
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Pros
Finally got benefits
Cons
Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
Great!
AT&T Mobility Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON26 March 2016
Great place to work! Develop good skills with competitive pay and bonuses as well as great benefits.
Management is friendly and go out of their way to help you when you need it!
Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON18 February 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Not well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON30 March 2016
Very unorganized. During training we were taught one way, once you get out of the floor it is very different. Support takes too long to get to people when they have questions
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 May 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
Busy busy busy
North America Region/Quality Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia2 February 2016
A great place to work, learned a lot and loved working with employees of all level. Many opportunities with projects and travel. Long hours and commitment. Company closed due to the rise in the Canadian dollar.
Pros
travel
Cons
Lot of hours
Work place is great
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON18 February 2016
This is a great work place for people who enjoy to sit in a office all day, this job involves help customers with billing issues, billing changes, and welcoming new costumers. all the workers and management are fantastic and helpful.
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 January 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
Wireless Care Specialist
Wireless Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON20 January 2016
Assist and educate Customer Service Professionals.
Set up payments and working for account standings.
Working through difficult issues for resolution
Support for new employees with on the job training
Pros
lots of co-workers
Cons
many irate customers