Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

good place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 2, 2016
it wasn't a bad place to work the staff were willing to help and work with you when needed, the gave you the time off you needed,
Unacceptable management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSNovember 15, 2015
Treat of job insecurity. Did not recognize that people had family and had doctor appts to attend
We were made to remain at work during snowstorms with no way to safely return home
Pros
employmwnt for 12 1/2 years
Cons
management
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 12, 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
7 years of great Customer service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 27, 2014
My day comprised of talking to health care professionals about claims, benefits, eligibility & contracting issues. I learned that I could talk on the phone and work a computer at the same time. The best part of the job was the people I met on the phone everyday & the people that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was knowing what some people in the world were going through health wise. The management were okay.

I looked forward to going to work because I got to talk with my friends & help the people who phoned in everyday.
Pros
friends, learning new skils & helping people
Cons
not enough training in some areas to do my job properly
Customer Focused
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
My shifts were in eight-hour increments, as a CSR I would receive incoming calls and address the customers issues or needs accordingly. I was given two fifteen-minute breaks and one half hour lunch. I worked six months with a core schedule and than we’d have to chose to stay on the same schedule or change it for the next six months.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 19, 2015
Nice relaxed environment. Good colleagues. Providing customer's with good customer service is joyful. Enjoy this job.
Pros
Health/Dental Benefits
Cons
Long Days
liked it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
it was a good experience, it made me more experienced in some of the areas in life that i did not really know about, i would recommend it to other people
Typical Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 11, 2012
* Business Practices are updated daily, so one has to check emails and\or 'chats' regularly.
* High-level Multi-tasking is beneficial as there are numerous resources to work with
* Hardest Part of the Job to control feedback as if customer had a bad experience with a prior rep it may affect your
* I learned the art of quick and efficient problem solving methods
* As in any workplace Co-Workers vary some need a lot of assistance, others are basically distracting, but when floor support is short staffed a cumulative effort always resolves every issue.
* Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers with getting the best value for their money.
Pros
shift bidding; shift preference based on statistics
Cons
raise is not based on performance
enjoyed working in this enviroment
customer service (Former Employee) –  truro-- power centerAugust 21, 2012
enjoyed answering calls and helping out our customers . even though when u answered the call some where very upset over there bills or service from previous rep usally could calm them down enough to resolve there issues .hardest part i think was to keep your self esteem up as some cust tomers would call u names and degrade you , had to rememvber they do not know u personally and that they where mad really at there bills and cell phones .i enjoued resolving there issues made me feel like i did something good for someone when they where finished there call and praise you for a good job and sometiomes wanted to speak to your manger to tell them so.
Pros
excellent bonus and prizes for a good job .
Cons
company no longer in business
It was okay
Level 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pretty high stress for minimal pay, but the work itself was enjoyable for the the most part. Hours were flexible, and there were automated systems to track and apply for time off.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Severely restricted tools
very productive
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotiaOctober 7, 2015
this was a company that i learned from, i was trained in the use of windows and was able to fix computers over the phones
trainers were awesome, learned a lot from them
Pros
close to home
Cons
sometimes long hours sitting
always sitting, felt stuck to desk, get to talk to lots of different people and help with bills and tec questions
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 3, 2015
I don't like feeling stuck and not able to get up and move around, so this job wasn't really for me, but I do also like doing things on the computer so I did find some of my job enjoyable, also was able to help people understand their bills
Incoming call centre, fast paced troubleshooting environment with lots of support.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 20, 2012
Convergys provides Customer Care, Billing and Techinical Support for ATT wireless customers. A typical day is very fast paced, solving customers issues Fast, Friendly, Smart! My people skills have become even better. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful as is Management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers when their service is not working. Also, the work scheduling is erratic. The best part of the job is is the gratitude I receive from a customer when I have been able solve their issue.
benefits
Cons
erratic schedules: working weekends, two days off every week but not necessarily together.
not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
was awful the job itself was not good and would never recommend it to anyonelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Lots of room for improvement
Technical Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 27, 2012
A typical day at work is fast paced but enjoyable, you get to help people from all walks of life and people all over the US. Working with Convergys Philippines taught me alot on my technical engineering skills. Everyone specially the management on Convergys are playful and approachable which makes the ambiance light and comfortable. For two years working at convergys, i never find the job hard because i get to help people with their issues and everytime i get to solve their problems, the "thank you's" and appreciations coming from them takes all the hard work off.
Pros
free lunches, playful environment and good benefits
Cons
low pay
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 10, 2015
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Pros
Courses were available to those interested
Cons
wages
Very nice company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKDecember 21, 2015
nice company, a company that supports and develop their employees. a company that has a good reputation in dealing with client's concerns
great short term job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2014
A typical day consisted of answering about 30 calls per day for inbound customer support. Here I greatly improved my time management skills and interpersonal skills. The management we always easily approachable and there to help you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and the weird shifts that I had to work. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I had health benefits and a constant pay check. Also the thrill of fixing someones problem is always a good feeling
Pros
health benefits
Cons
weird hours
Working for Beelzebub with air conditioning where hope goes to die.
Customer Service Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 14, 2016
Sign in, open all programs, pray computer is functioning properly and up to speed, troubleshoot internet connectivity problems for customers, get yelled at by people who have no idea how computers work yet own one anyway and insist any problems with the computer itself or the service they receive in a different country than your own is directly your fault, process payments for people who don't understand what a monthly fee is, calm said customers and empathize with their problems, schedule technicians for repairs, set up/close accounts, all while documenting all interactions with customers. I learned Einstein was right: ignorance is infinite, and that some jobs you must weigh the damage on your soul with earning a living. The management team was largely a dictatorial menace, akin to Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler in levels of understanding, empathy, and logic. The co-workers were the only redeeming aspect of the job, as most had high IQ's, great personalities, and had to be friendly to a fault to deal with the mostly unreasonable clientèle on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was feeling a piece of your soul get hacked off every time you heard the *boop* in your ear and a new customer was on the line, and all the exciting ridiculousness that followed suit to that point. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break room repartee, and quitting the job in question.
Pros
Smart and fun co-workers, a few interesting customers, the satisfaction of problem solving.
Cons
Repeatedly unfathomable human ignorance, being accused of being a robot by customers, and the general insanity that came along satisfying customers.
A great company, while it lasted in Winnipeg.
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2015
This outsourcing company was responsible for several different accounts with companies for customer support. It had a great training program, and allowed flexibility of work schedule, as well as different assignments and advancement within the company.

Unfortunately, they closed their doors on Winnipeg in 2009, due to the rising value of the Canadian dollar.

I was lucky to b able to experience the culture of Convergys, and the philosophy of digitally managed incoming calls, with training upgrades to handle new procedures and policies.
Pros
Lots of support from Team Leaders and higher tier level assistance.
Cons
They did not stay in Winnipeg.