Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons: Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Good job
Telecommunication Sales Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2015
This job is nice because it keeps you up and moving, you socialize and help customers get what they want. It is a good job for those that like to socialize.
not a great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: mon-fri 9-5 job
Cons: didn't value its staff
only wanted a person in the seat to answer the phone - management had no connection with the people that worked there. call centre environment but not at all interested in helping or growing staff
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: not many
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee), St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits and co-workers
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Customer service role
o Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 25, 2015
Cons: slip seating
A typical day at work I would answer customer calls, explain bills, take bill payments and trouble shoot and get cell phones working for the customer.
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 22, 2015
Pros: fun and family orientated through the individual teams
Cons: trying to get time off for medical reasons
although we worked by ourselves assisting providers on the phone, we also had team members on either side of us to assist when needed.
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee), St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons: Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: decent benefit package
Cons: no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 7, 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
close location, lots of jobs available
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland OnAugust 6, 2015
Pros: independant work
Cons: highly critial mamagment and unreolistic expectations
Although there is awalys employment available and possible moving up within the company, it has a high burn out rate due to the intense pressure and unreolistic expectations fro management. the call volumes were intense and caused many good people to go to other companies
What I do at Convergys
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSJuly 16, 2015
Pros: A lot of great people work there
Cons: Sometimes the calls can be long and stressful
My job consists of answering phone calls from American Group Health Care customers, answering questions about benefits and how their claims are processed, I also take calls from Health Care Professionals.
Typical Call Center
Inbound Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: No room for advancement
Call Center for AT&T telecom for Apple Support.
No room for advancement at all.
Sick days are frowned upon.
Had to get there extra-early to get a workstation, as they would be full almost daily.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), paid trainingJuly 1, 2015
Pros: paid training
Fast paced, learning call center, different shift available, benefits, wonderful management,
great co-workers
company BBQ
community partner
Median
HR Client Services - Payroll and Pension Advisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great
Cons: Poor pay
The Human Resource part of Convergys was bought out by NGA in 2009. I have been with both companies a total of 7 years and recently resigned. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the change in policies such as raises etc took away the morale within the company. I hope that changes at some point so people will stay longer and be more content.
Great enviroment and excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), San SalvadorJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free food and incentives every week
Cons: Lack of coaching
I started my day always with a reminder of my goals and different ways to achieve them. The manager is always wiling to teach you the process and also the different resposabilities you have so you can built your career. We work as a team with our co-workers and we enjoyed being at the place since everything is always clean and neat.
Excellent job, Excellent co-workers
Customer service representative. (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 17, 2015
Cons: Company left canada.
Was a great place to work, Full time hours and benefits. Too bad they decided to pull out of Canada and hire labour from a 3rd world country.
Customer service
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Welland, Ontario. CanadaJune 10, 2015
Pros: Be able to work with great people
Cons: stressfull at times
High demand for good customer service, must be able to multitask and know how to treat customers. Demanding job, co-workers excellent and supervisors have great knowledge.
Very high pressure job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 2, 2015
Pros: They paid very well and showed appreciation for a job well done.
Cons: Call Center atmosphere can be very stressful
the contract I was on was very intense customer service training. It was a large US Credit Card Co. There was no room for errors and extensive knowledge of the product was required.
Industry