Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
liked it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
it was a good experience, it made me more experienced in some of the areas in life that i did not really know about, i would recommend it to other people
Nice place to work as long as you are mobile - Transit sucks
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSNovember 4, 2015
Found if you worked with the management team on a give & take basis they will work to balance the job against your individual needs; you just need to be willing to step up and ask.

Enjoyed working there and was sad to leave friends behind.
Always entertaining, quick advancement, multiple departments
Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2016
Convergys was a family atmosphere, everywhere you turned there was someone else that you knew either in your personal life or from friends of friends. There were a wide range of ages from young men and women just out of their teens to older people in there 60's to older. The management and trainers were helpful in any situation and you had a choice of departments to work in either prepaid, contract, technical support, warranty, and returns, to online support as well as online chats. There was Mobile Support as well as Home phone for Cincinnati Bell to work in.
The personalities of the Team leads was the most fun, because you could work for either a by the book or a laid back but under neath hard cor when work means work, you work but could also have the sense of humor of a long time vet...
The fund raising as well as morale boosting events were varied as well, from Halloween days, Christmas parties, BBQ's, Head shaving for cancer, Duct taping the manager to the deck wall and water ballon fights, and the like.
There was always an interesting something happening at any point during the week, and everyday brought the thought" what interesting thing is gona happen today?"
Pros
Excellent kitchen with homemade food every day
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 10, 2015
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Pros
Courses were available to those interested
Cons
wages
Unacceptable management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSNovember 15, 2015
Treat of job insecurity. Did not recognize that people had family and had doctor appts to attend
We were made to remain at work during snowstorms with no way to safely return home
Pros
employmwnt for 12 1/2 years
Cons
management
It was okay
Level 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pretty high stress for minimal pay, but the work itself was enjoyable for the the most part. Hours were flexible, and there were automated systems to track and apply for time off.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Severely restricted tools
Very stressful environment, with little encouragement or benefits.
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONOctober 14, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this employer to my enemies. The only good thing about working there was it was a paycheque.
There is too many bosses, a person gets told what to do by many people, often the instructions are conflicting.
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
was awful the job itself was not good and would never recommend it to anyonelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Absolutely Disgusting Zero Star All the Way
Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
This is the worst place in Welland to work. They want top notch employees but only pay a little above minimum wage. They advertise that you can make up to $15 per hour with performance bonuses, but their system is set up so that they find a reason not to give you the bonus. If you get a commission for selling something, they make sure they take 2 months before it shows up on your pay. I guess they hope you quit before they have to pay it. Very shoddy practices. Greedy greedy greedy team leaders that want to make money off you for doing nothing.

No matter how well you are doing and how good your customer feedback is, the team leaders are always on you about something. You are forced to listen to recordings of your calls, after which they pick you apart about some little thing. If you don't say all their little fake-friendly script like a robot during the call, they call you out on it.
Take your job and shove it Convergys, Maybe when you have run through all the people in Welland, you will smarten up and change some of the things that causes people to leave.

Save yourself the stress and look elsewhere. I have NOTHING good to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
High pressure to sell, long delay to receive bonuses earned, false advertising on potential hourly rate
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
Worst place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 21, 2015
Worst place to work, they do not care about employees. They care more about the business then their own employees needs. If you're sick, well that sucks. They try and fire you with a doctors note.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Very nice company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKDecember 21, 2015
nice company, a company that supports and develop their employees. a company that has a good reputation in dealing with client's concerns
Fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 21, 2015
There is a lot of knowledge before you are able to start on the system. Once you get a hang of it it is pretty simple. The co-workers are friendly and lend a helping hand when needed. over all i enjoyed working at Convergy's.
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Pros
Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons
Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
HELP DESK SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Swords, DDecember 23, 2015
Colleagues are great, job is easy but no challenge.
Management is not taking workers seriously.
Breaks are nice as there is a restaurant on site.
close location, lots of jobs available
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland OnAugust 6, 2015
Although there is awalys employment available and possible moving up within the company, it has a high burn out rate due to the intense pressure and unreolistic expectations fro management. the call volumes were intense and caused many good people to go to other companies
Pros
independant work
Cons
highly critial mamagment and unreolistic expectations
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.