Convergys Employee Reviews

fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 September 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 April 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
High turnover rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 October 2016
Stop telling people they will earn 15$ an hour and just give them that and your turnover rate will change for the better ... Thats the only bad thing over there 15$ is an empty promise maybe 5% of ppl get it
Pros
Fun
Cons
pay is too little bills gotta get paid... Take off incentives and pay people better
A good place to work
Technical Support Level (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 February 2016
a good place to work and opportunity grow in your career.

Well organised environment. market leading health benefits.
Pros
wage
Cons
Flexible
Productive Workplace with great healthy environment
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
• Performed computer operations including Internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of Internet Networking, PC and hardware troubleshooting
• Provided information for the installation of office and home networking router configurations
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 May 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2016
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Pros
Finally got benefits
Cons
Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
change from cusomer service to add sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 November 2016
it's a grate place to work for when I worked there it was only customer service based now sales is involved with the change in the way the job is done those who do not do will in sales started to leave or do poorly so if your not into sales the job sucks.
Wonderful job
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
I was only working at convergys for a short while, but in that time I had grown to love it. It's not just about answering phone calls, it's about helping the person on the other end of the phone. no matter what.
Pros
cheerful environment
Cons
cubicles
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  london9 June 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 April 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there
typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2016
when I worked for this company I would answer customer request such as billing issues, changing phone plans , and trouble shooting cell phones.My Co-workers would also be there to help each other if need extra assistance.
LOVE this company.
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
sometimes I wish I never left the company to move across Canada I had it sooo good at Convergys. I was getting benefits, extremely good pay and I loved the group of people i worked with my team was awesome...plus, you cant beat the fun and laid back atmosphere of work, I felt like I was at home.
Pros
benefits, the "family" atmosphere, and employee recognition programs.
Cons
long hours, rude clients, hours of work.
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 August 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 September 2016
We need to be able to have more time off. I am ready to leave due to the stress level of the job. Managers do not work with the employees with regards to time off.