Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJune 1, 2016
Makes for a long day when you're new. The hardest part was trying to decipher accents over the phone, as well as what the problem was.
Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 17, 2016
I love working here but it dose not suit me well i love being on my feet and on the go sitting all day on the phone, i not suited for me
Convergys is a great enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 23, 2016
Convergys is a adaptable workplace, the people and supervisors are very outgoing . The shift work was reasonable ,bendable, and also do able
Pros
great staff
Cons
late nights
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 12, 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
MY LIFE AT CONVERGYS
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  BELLEVILLE ONTARIOOctober 14, 2015
I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALLOWED ME TO GROW, BY ALLOWING ME TO LEARN FROM OWN MISTAKES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE MANAGER WHO TOOK ME FROM BEING A VERY SHY , HAVING NO FAITH IN MYSELF , TO BEING ABLE TO RUN A QUEUE OF 75 PEOPLE ON MY OWN.

THAT HOWEVER CANNOT BE SAID FOR ALL MANAGERS AT CONVERGYS , THE REASON I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WORK IS BECAUSE OF MY CURRENT MANAGER . I AM TIRED I BEING TREATED LIKE I AM IN GRADE SCHOOL.
BENEFITS
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT DON'T CARE
always sitting, felt stuck to desk, get to talk to lots of different people and help with bills and tec questions
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 3, 2015
I don't like feeling stuck and not able to get up and move around, so this job wasn't really for me, but I do also like doing things on the computer so I did find some of my job enjoyable, also was able to help people understand their bills
good place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 2, 2016
it wasn't a bad place to work the staff were willing to help and work with you when needed, the gave you the time off you needed,
A good place to work
Technical Support Level (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2016
a good place to work and opportunity grow in your career.

Well organised environment. market leading health benefits.
Pros
wage
Cons
Flexible
A positive and upbeat work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 25, 2015
This job teaches me a lot about how the telecommunications industry works. It also requires that I be the absolute best that I can be in providing superior customer service. This job comes with the requirement of continuous training and also provides a group of supportive and friendly team leaders and co-workers.
Pros
Stable employment & Benefits
Cons
Little room for upward career mobility
liked it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
it was a good experience, it made me more experienced in some of the areas in life that i did not really know about, i would recommend it to other people
Nice place to work as long as you are mobile - Transit sucks
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSNovember 4, 2015
Found if you worked with the management team on a give & take basis they will work to balance the job against your individual needs; you just need to be willing to step up and ask.

Enjoyed working there and was sad to leave friends behind.
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  OttawaSeptember 10, 2015
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Pros
Courses were available to those interested
Cons
wages
Unacceptable management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSNovember 15, 2015
Treat of job insecurity. Did not recognize that people had family and had doctor appts to attend
We were made to remain at work during snowstorms with no way to safely return home
Pros
employmwnt for 12 1/2 years
Cons
management
good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
It was okay
Level 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pretty high stress for minimal pay, but the work itself was enjoyable for the the most part. Hours were flexible, and there were automated systems to track and apply for time off.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Severely restricted tools
Very stressful environment, with little encouragement or benefits.
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONOctober 14, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this employer to my enemies. The only good thing about working there was it was a paycheque.
There is too many bosses, a person gets told what to do by many people, often the instructions are conflicting.
Technically inefficient
Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
For a call centre that promotes in training that agents are important to the success of the company why are are agents subjected to using inadequate tools in their training process? Constant loss of connection, freezing of Internet Explorer sessions, use of visual aids that are hard to see in a classroom, outdated hardware and software combined with a training cirriculum that doesn't flow properly doesn't make for an interesting training environment. The fact you can't take paper notes and do not have any access to training materials out of class and have to commit a lot to memory is very challenging. Chances of advancement are limited to the elite few. Everyone has to start as an agent regardless of past experiences, work experience or skill set. For a company that provides tech support for other companies they need to look at their own IT infrastructure because it's only a matter of time before Convergys experiences a cascade of technical issues within because of their lack of their own technical support team. Great "sales" to get a person onboard but as an IT job the pay is below the poverty level and is not inline with the going rate for tier two IT support in Ontario. Basically it's a Mcjob.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor training tools
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
Always entertaining, quick advancement, multiple departments
Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2016
Convergys was a family atmosphere, everywhere you turned there was someone else that you knew either in your personal life or from friends of friends. There were a wide range of ages from young men and women just out of their teens to older people in there 60's to older. The management and trainers were helpful in any situation and you had a choice of departments to work in either prepaid, contract, technical support, warranty, and returns, to online support as well as online chats. There was Mobile Support as well as Home phone for Cincinnati Bell to work in.
The personalities of the Team leads was the most fun, because you could work for either a by the book or a laid back but under neath hard cor when work means work, you work but could also have the sense of humor of a long time vet...
The fund raising as well as morale boosting events were varied as well, from Halloween days, Christmas parties, BBQ's, Head shaving for cancer, Duct taping the manager to the deck wall and water ballon fights, and the like.
There was always an interesting something happening at any point during the week, and everyday brought the thought" what interesting thing is gona happen today?"
Pros
Excellent kitchen with homemade food every day