Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

good work enviroment, fast paced,
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJanuary 31, 2015
Typical day
* Take calls, give information on benefits, claims and appeals, researched data, assisted in reviewing issues

What I learned
* Patience, customer service skills, communications skills, further experience with computer skills

*The management was there when you needed help and helped you with problems you had with working

My co-workers
* Great co-workers, always there for you to help and brighten your day

The hardest part of the job
* Not being able to assist callers with their issues

The most enjoyable part of the job
* The co-workers and the times I was able to assist my callers with their issues, when I could help them they were always very appreciative
Pros
2 breaks, 1 lunch, good co-workers, rewards and medical, dental, vision benifits
Cons
threat of job closing
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 17, 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
Pros
good work hours
Cons
not many
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 7, 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
Call Centre
Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2015
Excellent entry-level job. At the time wages were average, however lack of benefits were noticeable. Problem solving was the key skill in this job. I answered phone calls at a inbound call facility for Hewlett-Packard assisting their customers in computer related issues. From software installation to hardware troubleshooting.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with and the joy of solving problems and making the customer happy. The most difficult part of the job was also customer based. Not all problems can be solved to the satisfaction of the customer. The best way to explain that is to say this, no one calls the help desk to say how great things are going, everyone who calls is usually upset or frustrated to begin with and that makes the job somewhat stressful having to try and please an already upset individual.
Pros
teamwork, atmosphere, joy of getting the job done
Cons
many angry/frustrated customers (at the beginning of the call)
It's a job
Customer Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2016
Poor work environment. Policy disallowed for any advancement internally. Poor hours. Poor HR assistance, Poor management training. I found this to be a very eye opening experience as in what to avoid.
Pros
Popsicle day
Cons
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 23, 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
What I do at Convergys
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSJuly 16, 2015
My job consists of answering phone calls from American Group Health Care customers, answering questions about benefits and how their claims are processed, I also take calls from Health Care Professionals.
Pros
A lot of great people work there
Cons
Sometimes the calls can be long and stressful
Not the greatest place in the world
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 21, 2014
A typical day, was answering phone calls, and dealing with customers and helping them with there reason for calling.

I learned a lot about the computers and systems, and also learned a call centre job isn't for me at all.

The management was great, but at times not entirely helpful when you needed the help.

My coworkers were actually one of the main reason why I actually stayed at my job so long, cause they made it somewhat bearable to work.

Hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers, and not having anyone to help me with the calls to transfer it over. Also being told to use chat for any questions, which I fully obliged to, to have no one in chat to answer any questions, to then have to use the flag and still waiting for help with any customer issues I could not resolve.

The most enjoyable part was like I said my coworkers.
Pros
good benefits, alright pay
Cons
no help when you want it.
full time job
agent (Former Employee) –  wellandAugust 16, 2016
answer calls from customers and offer to sell them products/services that will benefit them.

start on afternoon shift but can move to days as soon as 6 months.

pay is pretty good if you can sell
Pros
full time hours, bonuses for sales
Busy busy busy
North America Region/Quality Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nova ScotiaFebruary 2, 2016
A great place to work, learned a lot and loved working with employees of all level. Many opportunities with projects and travel. Long hours and commitment. Company closed due to the rise in the Canadian dollar.
Pros
travel
Cons
Lot of hours
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Friendly and Supportive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 10, 2016
Growth opportunity and incentives are provided within the organization. Employee recognition and performance is identified and considered by your supervisors.
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Pros
loved working with great people
Cons
loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
Great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 8, 2016
Great people friendly stuff, friendly enviornment, can not say anything negative about the company, long hours tho rate of pay is good
Summery of evaluation
Technical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 14, 2016
There is no room for improvement, all the employees are complaining. It is a good place to work if you want to work there temporary.