Convergys

Convergys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Job Never Met My Boss
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 5, 2014
I liked this job. It was dull at moments and crazy at others but I liked the fact that it was different every call. I never met my boss and couldn't have told you anything about the person who was in charge of me. It was also hard to meet people so don't expect to make long lasting friends.
Enjoyable experience
Team Manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: shift work
I learned a lot working at Convergys, the company was very good at hiring from within it's ranks and there were several career tracks you could take while moving up.

The management was approachable and encouraged your desires to move up in the company. The best part of the job was the people that worked there.
Good starting goes down hill
Customer Service Associate/Helpdesk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 6, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: mismanaged
When first starting at Convergys I had a great time. Not to date myself, but it was a decent starting wage back then.
Calls were varied from Billing to Connectivity issues; customers were varied too, but that was the hard part of the job, besides management. Some customers were nice, most were mediocre and some were down right nasty. The job was more – more... psychological then anything; stress from the calls could ruin your day, especially if you just started your day.
Management were prone to people who were suck ups and played favoritism against other agents. if you were disliked by one manager then all of them disliked you; with the exception of one or two.
Management used to track washroom breaks and lunch breaks to the point you were under a microscope and required permission to use the bathroom. Or if you had a particularly long call send someone (inexperienced usually) to 'help' get the customer off the phone.
People as always with any job make it tolerable. I've met and am still friend with many. – less
in the floor we have different teams and each TL is trying to motivate his team indifferent ways. longer lunch and team activities.
IPHONE TECH CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Welland, OntarioMay 5, 2014
I phone tech support is ongoing learning job. everyday is another Application that been active or the update of the software or a whole new device that came out in the market. i learned so much while i was on the phone with the customers as well as i passed more information to the customer about their own device. Its a perfect way to gain a customer's – more... trust by fixing their phone or make it work, and from there the communication gets better with the customer while they reach their max satisfaction. my day gets better when someone thank me for doing my job and i feel good about it. – less
Great for School
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 28, 2014
Convergys was a great place to work while I was going to school. They were flexible, paid well, and helped with my tuition.
great people
facilities (Current Employee), Nova Scotia, Can.April 28, 2014
I have 1 bad thing to say, they dont pay enuff nor do they give, in my opinion, raises, I mean how do we continue to live when they dont give you at least cost of living, what they offer is a joke, I dont think I can afford to work here much longer!!
great people
facilities (Current Employee), Nova Scotia, Can.April 28, 2014
Productive and Team Players
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay rate
work load was manageable at times, coworkers were great to work with as a team, managers were awesome team members as well, the hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the customer wanted and didn't want.
I learned that working in a team environment was good for me as a well as learning new things daily, there was always a challenge daily.
Pure Canadian
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 24, 2014
I loved that it was a local company, and almost everything came from Canada.
Yet another call centre.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: schedule
Convergys offered a very good training with an excellent instructor. But beyond that, the job was demanding and unrewarding.
Great Place to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 1, 2014
Pros: fun days
Cons: being in que most times
Was a fun place to work at with the people that worked there. Great benefits and had job security. Was able to have the time for family that was needed. Salary was great. Hardest part of the job was the irrate customers that you couldn't satisfy due to network outages or system outages. Company closed the doors on 01/31/2014.
Great as a student but limited growth potential
Tier 2 Network and System Support (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pension plan, education assistance
Cons: typical call center
Typical call center environment. It is a good student job with education assistance.
Call Center
Customer service rep. (Current Employee), Welland ONMarch 6, 2014
Working at a call center can be unrewarding. I find working at Convergys different. The managers are willing to help you achieve the highest stats.
friendly staff
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 5, 2014
nice employees , friendly environment, competitive wages, bonuses, great management.
customer service
Technical Support/Billing and Sales (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: nagging time restraints
Great place to work with customers , time restraints and expectations of management was unrealistic, Learning new things daily and finding answers with confidence when one has no idea what they are doing. Challenging for researching answers and keeping customers happy while floor walkers would nag you on time , eleven minutes you fixed the issue reviewed – more... the customers account and sold them something new or scheduled a truck call for a broken internet. – less
Terrible
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ottawa, ontarioFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: call center operations
Cons: everything else
i did not work here for very long. it was a good place to start my customer service career and i do admit i learned a few things in the process.

Convergys, in ottawa was located in a dangerous neighbourhood and i didn't feel that they were hiring people for the right skills. i feel that they only hired to fill the empty desks.
The now closed Convergys, Halifax, NS Region
AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, education compensation, working at home
Cons: split shifts
Work at home position that required you to set aside office space of your own at home, good support from fellow co-workers and team leads,

Explaining something you rarely get asked about would be the hardest part of this job, but should you recall most of your training it should be all good.
Customer Service Pros!
Technical Support (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 7, 2014
I loved working for Convergys actually! There was a lot of different shifts available, you are ALWAYS busy and you have lots of fellow co-workers to help you out! Great benefits as well! I also learned a lot more about computers and customer service! It made me an expert!
no longer around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Answered billing questions for customers and took payments.
Did light technical support when required.
not happy with company politics
Assisting customers (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 10, 2014
No longer happy with company politics, Company used to stand up for its employees no longer does

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more