Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
Worst place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 21, 2015
Worst place to work, they do not care about employees. They care more about the business then their own employees needs. If you're sick, well that sucks. They try and fire you with a doctors note.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Fast
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 21, 2015
There is a lot of knowledge before you are able to start on the system. Once you get a hang of it it is pretty simple. The co-workers are friendly and lend a helping hand when needed. over all i enjoyed working at Convergy's.
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Pros
Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons
Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
close location, lots of jobs available
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland OnAugust 6, 2015
Although there is awalys employment available and possible moving up within the company, it has a high burn out rate due to the intense pressure and unreolistic expectations fro management. the call volumes were intense and caused many good people to go to other companies
Pros
independant work
Cons
highly critial mamagment and unreolistic expectations
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.
Very nice company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKDecember 21, 2015
nice company, a company that supports and develop their employees. a company that has a good reputation in dealing with client's concerns
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee) –  St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Pros
Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons
Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
HELP DESK SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Swords, DDecember 23, 2015
Colleagues are great, job is easy but no challenge.
Management is not taking workers seriously.
Breaks are nice as there is a restaurant on site.
good place to work
Customer Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 21, 2015
I had to take inbound calls to help people solve their internet connectivity issues in 10 minutes and 20 seconds. I took between 40 to 60 calls a day.
Pros
good benefits regular schedule regular breaks
Cons
very negative working environment
Fast paced work environment
Support professional (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Convergys is a fast pace work enrironment, dealing with customers all day on the phones and being busy you always have something that needs to be done. Its a great place to work and the people you work with are amazing
very productive
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotiaOctober 7, 2015
this was a company that i learned from, i was trained in the use of windows and was able to fix computers over the phones
trainers were awesome, learned a lot from them
Pros
close to home
Cons
sometimes long hours sitting
not a great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 4, 2015
only wanted a person in the seat to answer the phone - management had no connection with the people that worked there. call centre environment but not at all interested in helping or growing staff
Pros
mon-fri 9-5 job
Cons
didn't value its staff
Challenging and demanding job for so-so pay
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 5, 2015
Interesting work. I learned a lot and appreciate the training efforts made. However, the pay and benefits offered are less than the job is worth. Also, it's a very 1984 work environment where you are electronically monitored every second of every day. Staff is continuously rated and shift selection depends on ratings. This puts pressure on you if you are not naturally suited to the situation. As with any job that deals with the public, especially considering telephone anonymity, you get calls from impatient, rude and hostile people. If you're not used to that, it can be very unsettling. While efforts are made to provide technical support to staff, it is primitive, disorganized and incomplete. Tricks of the trade are often learned by asking each other which means some get important information and some don't. All-in-all, if you are well suited to the job, it can be fine. If you struggle with some aspects, you will stress out and fail.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Strict 1984-style monitoring
not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
was awful the job itself was not good and would never recommend it to anyonelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Great Place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pedro SulaOctober 19, 2015
Its a great place to be working in, learned many new skills made many friends, Had the opportunity to develop myself and my team to become even better in the job we where doing.
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSAugust 22, 2015
although we worked by ourselves assisting providers on the phone, we also had team members on either side of us to assist when needed.
Pros
fun and family orientated through the individual teams
Cons
trying to get time off for medical reasons