Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Work place is great
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great work place for people who enjoy to sit in a office all day, this job involves help customers with billing issues, billing changes, and welcoming new costumers. all the workers and management are fantastic and helpful.
Not the greatest place in the world
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 21, 2014
A typical day, was answering phone calls, and dealing with customers and helping them with there reason for calling.

I learned a lot about the computers and systems, and also learned a call centre job isn't for me at all.

The management was great, but at times not entirely helpful when you needed the help.

My coworkers were actually one of the main reason why I actually stayed at my job so long, cause they made it somewhat bearable to work.

Hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers, and not having anyone to help me with the calls to transfer it over. Also being told to use chat for any questions, which I fully obliged to, to have no one in chat to answer any questions, to then have to use the flag and still waiting for help with any customer issues I could not resolve.

The most enjoyable part was like I said my coworkers.
Pros
good benefits, alright pay
Cons
no help when you want it.
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Pros
loved working with great people
Cons
loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Excellent job, Excellent co-workers
Customer service representative. (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJune 17, 2015
Was a great place to work, Full time hours and benefits. Too bad they decided to pull out of Canada and hire labour from a 3rd world country.
Cons
Company left canada.
NOt my Thing
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
Taking calls, and assisting customers, with issues they have. Trying to do so in a timely manner. Co-workers were nice and were the best part of the whole job. Problem is they change rules and how things go constantly. For instance your taught one thing this week, and its completely useless or changed the next. Also sitting all day and answering phones is not my cup of tea. I prefer movement and face to face interaction.
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when  more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference.  less
Pros
great benefits
Cons
always being asked "What could you have done better"
Now CONVERGSYS, formerly Stream when I was hired.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 13, 2015
Demanding work, very fast paced, better pay than some jobs, strict policies, if you don't mind angry customers 99.9% of the time this job is for you. It is a good starting job for your first job to put on your resume, however, this is cubicle work and it does wear you down quickly. I was working 4x10 shifts (4 days, 10 hours each, with three days off) which seems like a very long time sitting down, However, you do get great flexibility with your shifts. However, if you don't like to be a number in a statistic I highly recommend not to do this job, it's easy to get work here, make sure you can type 60 WPM (easy).
Overall, it's a line of work that will tire you out once you are on the floor answering calls. I hope one day there will be more freedom with this job position, allowing more time with customers because they are being rushed by your policies. I do not think its not necessarily a bad thing, but customers and people alike appreciate that they are getting the attention they need.
Pros
Flexible shifts, somewhat decent co-workers, above average pay
Cons
Anonymous employees reporting you to HR, long hours, statistics driven, unfortunate bad documentation from other centers, few happy and calm customers, and very fast paced work.
Great learning atmosphere for beginners
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 31, 2016
Great place to work and learn for students and folks who are right out of college. Lots of training, fast paced environment.
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 10, 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
Long term job with minimal pay in over the phone customer relations
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJanuary 18, 2016
When you come to work, all you mostly do is answer phones and questions from customers calling in with concerns or issues. They teach you all the resources you need and show you where to find answers for other questions that may be asked. The on-the-floor management team is great and usually do their best to make it a less-stressed work environment. The pay is on the low end of the spectrum compared to other companies who have their representatives in same or similar positions. In the limited amounts of time you are able to talk to your co-workers, you can end up making long term friendships since there is nothing else to do except talk and type notes.

The hardest part of working is constant pressure from the constant calls coming in and only able to breath during breaks and lunch while at work. There is very limited time to get extra training, check for updates/changes to the system, or even to finish notes after a call. If you are in constant que (or have constant calls waiting), you are unable to do these items and at times it might be days, or even weeks, before you have time to catch up on training, unless you are willing to use break and unpaid time to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with some customers, if you don't mind loosing track of your average handle time. Some have interesting stories, or bits of wisdom. Many different walks of life.
Pros
Making people happy, the co-workers
Cons
Tough to constantly reach stats, low pay
It is what you make of it
Level II technical agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 15, 2014
I spent three years at Convergys and while there are good experiences and bad (as with any job), for the most part the attitude you bring to the job is the most important factor. Yes, the customer interactions can sometimes be less than stellar but the people you work with are top notch and with some exceptions, management is as supportive as they can be while still doing their job.

The wages are not great, but it is a call centre. The focus is on revenue generation and that is clear right out of the gate, but with bonuses and incentives, you can make enough to pay the bills and go out to dinner now and then.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with (depending on the contract you're on). If you can manage to stay away from the interoffice politics, you can come to work and sit next to people who will make the day fly by.

Overall, I would say apply to this job, but be realistic and bring a positive attitude.
Pros
incentives, employee appreciation benefits, good people
Cons
low pay, interoffice drama, tough-to-handle customers
Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Good
Customer Srevice / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 18, 2016
I liked talking to lots of different people and there was not any heavy lifting. Good hours and nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there ver much.
Pros
fun
Cons
no windows.
Easy
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 14, 2016
Great place to work. Very busy, and the training was easy to handle. I do feel like in the evening there was not enough supervisors on hand.
Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)