Convergys Employee Reviews

Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 August 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 July 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 July 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2016
when I worked for this company I would answer customer request such as billing issues, changing phone plans , and trouble shooting cell phones.My Co-workers would also be there to help each other if need extra assistance.
stay away
CSO (computer service operator) (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 October 2016
its like a black hole where all the trash gets sucked into. the only good thing about that place was some of the people.
Convergys fakes numbers for clients, they dont pay based on skill, the managers sleep with people to get promotions.
Game room
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba22 January 2017
I felt selling over a chat program fairly advanced for a company. It was quite challenging to do two three plays phone, internet and cable at one time!
Pros
Game room if a break was needed, ordered pizza a few times
Cons
Overload when busy
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
Wonderful job
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
I was only working at convergys for a short while, but in that time I had grown to love it. It's not just about answering phone calls, it's about helping the person on the other end of the phone. no matter what.
Pros
cheerful environment
Cons
cubicles
fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 September 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 June 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Push sales way to hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 August 2016
Convergys no longer cares about their customers and only cares about meeting the sales goals. The management does nothing but make sure your'e attempting to sell tv service when youre supposed to be assisting with cellphone accounts.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
push sales to hard
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
Sales Job not Customer services
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON22 January 2017
Friendly and supportive - however employment was for customer service but now has been converted to sales - Would only recommend if you are interested in Sales
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
loved the people not the job
Case Manager/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 November 2016
the people I worked with were great the upper management no so much
would still be there if they were willing to work with me more when my child go ill. I left after 12 yrs do to that
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule