Convergys

Convergys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly run company
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
A mostly inbound call center that was run with a corporate vision and not for employees.
Great work environment
Technical Support Agent-Chat (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 30, 2014
I loved working here. Would still be there is the center I worked in had not be shut down.
Opportunities to learn and grow
Accounts Representative/Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: variety of opportunities to learn in different areas
Cons: left for the philipines
The level of interaction with every department in Yahoo and the variety of tasks needed to be done. The assortment of activities that can pop up within the day kept me on my toes (account security, training new employees to tech support) allowed for personal and professional growth.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Cigna Healthcare Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJune 22, 2014
Convergys is a good place to work, it is fast paced and changing all th time. Lots of opportunity for advancement. My co-workers were the best part of this job, a great group of individuals who are always willing lend a hand to anyone in need.
Customer Service Professional – II
Customer Service Professional - II (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJune 21, 2014
 Communicate real time with all managers and team leaders regarding any issues on the company which may negatively impact service levels
 Insight into root cause and working with supervisors in finding solutions.
 Tactfully handled complaints and managed customer enquiries
 Handling escalations which is part of supervisor’s responsibility.
Good Workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Welland, ONJune 19, 2014
Covergys is a decent employer, with good benefits, although a highly stressful environment, the people i work with are great and my direct supervisor is a great person to work for.
great short term job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: weird hours
A typical day consisted of answering about 30 calls per day for inbound customer support. Here I greatly improved my time management skills and interpersonal skills. The management we always easily approachable and there to help you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and the weird shifts that I had to work. The most enjoyable part – more... was knowing that I had health benefits and a constant pay check. Also the thrill of fixing someones problem is always a good feeling – less
Good Job Never Met My Boss
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 5, 2014
I liked this job. It was dull at moments and crazy at others but I liked the fact that it was different every call. I never met my boss and couldn't have told you anything about the person who was in charge of me. It was also hard to meet people so don't expect to make long lasting friends.
Enjoyable experience
Team Manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: shift work
I learned a lot working at Convergys, the company was very good at hiring from within it's ranks and there were several career tracks you could take while moving up.

The management was approachable and encouraged your desires to move up in the company. The best part of the job was the people that worked there.
Good starting goes down hill
Customer Service Associate/Helpdesk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 6, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: mismanaged
When first starting at Convergys I had a great time. Not to date myself, but it was a decent starting wage back then.
Calls were varied from Billing to Connectivity issues; customers were varied too, but that was the hard part of the job, besides management. Some customers were nice, most were mediocre and some were down right nasty. The job was more – more... psychological then anything; stress from the calls could ruin your day, especially if you just started your day.
Management were prone to people who were suck ups and played favoritism against other agents. if you were disliked by one manager then all of them disliked you; with the exception of one or two.
Management used to track washroom breaks and lunch breaks to the point you were under a microscope and required permission to use the bathroom. Or if you had a particularly long call send someone (inexperienced usually) to 'help' get the customer off the phone.
People as always with any job make it tolerable. I've met and am still friend with many. – less
in the floor we have different teams and each TL is trying to motivate his team indifferent ways. longer lunch and team activities.
IPHONE TECH CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Welland, OntarioMay 5, 2014
I phone tech support is ongoing learning job. everyday is another Application that been active or the update of the software or a whole new device that came out in the market. i learned so much while i was on the phone with the customers as well as i passed more information to the customer about their own device. Its a perfect way to gain a customer's – more... trust by fixing their phone or make it work, and from there the communication gets better with the customer while they reach their max satisfaction. my day gets better when someone thank me for doing my job and i feel good about it. – less
Great for School
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 28, 2014
Convergys was a great place to work while I was going to school. They were flexible, paid well, and helped with my tuition.
great people
facilities (Current Employee), Nova Scotia, Can.April 28, 2014
I have 1 bad thing to say, they dont pay enuff nor do they give, in my opinion, raises, I mean how do we continue to live when they dont give you at least cost of living, what they offer is a joke, I dont think I can afford to work here much longer!!
great people
facilities (Current Employee), Nova Scotia, Can.April 28, 2014
Productive and Team Players
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay rate
work load was manageable at times, coworkers were great to work with as a team, managers were awesome team members as well, the hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the customer wanted and didn't want.
I learned that working in a team environment was good for me as a well as learning new things daily, there was always a challenge daily.
Pure Canadian
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 24, 2014
I loved that it was a local company, and almost everything came from Canada.
Yet another call centre.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: schedule
Convergys offered a very good training with an excellent instructor. But beyond that, the job was demanding and unrewarding.
Great Place to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 1, 2014
Pros: fun days
Cons: being in que most times
Was a fun place to work at with the people that worked there. Great benefits and had job security. Was able to have the time for family that was needed. Salary was great. Hardest part of the job was the irrate customers that you couldn't satisfy due to network outages or system outages. Company closed the doors on 01/31/2014.
Great as a student but limited growth potential
Tier 2 Network and System Support (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 16, 2014
Pros: pension plan, education assistance
Cons: typical call center
Typical call center environment. It is a good student job with education assistance.
Call Center
Customer service rep. (Current Employee), Welland ONMarch 6, 2014
Working at a call center can be unrewarding. I find working at Convergys different. The managers are willing to help you achieve the highest stats.

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more