Convergys

5.4K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and demanding job for so-so pay
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Full time benefits
Cons: Strict 1984-style monitoring
Interesting work. I learned a lot and appreciate the training efforts made. However, the pay and benefits offered are less than the job is worth. Also, it's a very 1984 work environment where you are electronically monitored every second of every day. Staff is continuously rated and shift selection depends on ratings. This puts pressure on you if you are not naturally suited to the situation. As with any job that deals with the public, especially considering telephone anonymity, you get calls from impatient, rude and hostile people. If you're not used to that, it can be very unsettling. While efforts are made to provide technical support to staff, it is primitive, disorganized and incomplete. Tricks of the trade are often learned by asking each other which means some get important information and some don't. All-in-all, if you are well suited to the job, it can be fine. If you struggle with some aspects, you will stress out and fail.
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long shifts, bad scheduling
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Fast paced work environment
Support professional (Current Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Convergys is a fast pace work enrironment, dealing with customers all day on the phones and being busy you always have something that needs to be done. Its a great place to work and the people you work with are amazing
A positive and upbeat work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: Stable employment & Benefits
Cons: Little room for upward career mobility
This job teaches me a lot about how the telecommunications industry works. It also requires that I be the absolute best that I can be in providing superior customer service. This job comes with the requirement of continuous training and also provides a group of supportive and friendly team leaders and co-workers.
good place to work
Customer Accounts Executive (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits regular schedule regular breaks
Cons: very negative working environment
I had to take inbound calls to help people solve their internet connectivity issues in 10 minutes and 20 seconds. I took between 40 to 60 calls a day.
not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCSeptember 10, 2015
good starting job, good flexibility on hours, good benefits. They have corporate events which makes the workplace seem more than just a job
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Great job, friendly staff, worked for the employer until the company closed and moved to China. I enjoyed my time there and look forward to my new employment.
get into work, go to lunch room and have coffee with friends, log on, make sure system is set up for optimum efficiency, help clients
Call Centre Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), OttawaSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: Courses were available to those interested
Cons: wages
large company
provided me with additional training resources
many different people from all walks of life with interesting stories.
Best part of job was the group of friends I developed. We kept each other up to date on opportunities for training opportunities and workshops.
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons: unstable employer
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Best part of job was coworkers and benefits
Customer Service Representative inbound (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: always being asked "What could you have done better"
Working at a call centre is VERY stressful, finding information for callers as quickly as possible. Typical day at work was going on the phone and taking one call right after the other. Being on the phone and constantly being timed for everything and also being recorded is hard. I enjoy helping people but definitely did not like getting penalized by their point system (which supposedly resulted in what shift and any bonuses I was eligible for) when I took the time to resolve the issue. Many times I was told I could have/should have done it faster...and that seemed to be the focus, not that I resolved the issue or gave out accurate information, but how quickly I was able to do it. The hardest part of the job wasn't in fact helping those who called, it was being reviewed and the pat phrase used by all managers was "What could you have done better?" so you are always feeling your best was never good enough. My co-workers were great tho and tried to help when needed,although they were also busy trying to meet their own metrics, and they did help relieve some of the stress. The benefits were really good tho, that is one thing I will say, as we had prescription, dental, vision, and things like massage therapy etc. Most companies seem to hire for part time and don't provide any benefits, so that was definitely a plus. I did learn that I can multi-task and handle using all kinds of different programs and could use my knowledge to find a 'back way' of finding information whenever one system didn't work. I also learned that I can be very polite and helpful on the phone even when – more... the person on the line is being rude, nasty and taking out their frustrations on me, so I guess I have more patience than I thought I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was those times when a caller had called a few times with unsatisfactory results and I was able to turn things around,get them the correct information, have their claim paid and actually take the time to resolve their issues for them....It is very satisfying to know I was able to have them get off the phone feeling happy they got me on the other side of the phone to help them. And my co-workers definitely made a huge difference. – less
Drama & Fear - On the menu daily
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Trenton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Staff and Co-Workers are amazing
Cons: Long Hours/Not vision orientated/Stale
Management rules with an iron fist. Does not know how to interface between client and sfaff requirements. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Treat people like numbers.
Good job
Telecommunication Sales Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 5, 2015
This job is nice because it keeps you up and moving, you socialize and help customers get what they want. It is a good job for those that like to socialize.
not a great place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: mon-fri 9-5 job
Cons: didn't value its staff
only wanted a person in the seat to answer the phone - management had no connection with the people that worked there. call centre environment but not at all interested in helping or growing staff
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: not many
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee), St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits and co-workers
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Customer service role
o Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 25, 2015
Cons: slip seating
A typical day at work I would answer customer calls, explain bills, take bill payments and trouble shoot and get cell phones working for the customer.
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 22, 2015
Pros: fun and family orientated through the individual teams
Cons: trying to get time off for medical reasons
although we worked by ourselves assisting providers on the phone, we also had team members on either side of us to assist when needed.
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee), St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons: Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: decent benefit package
Cons: no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Headquarters