Convergys Employee Reviews

It's a call center
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 29, 2016
I worked at convergys for approx 3 years. In that time I worked in two different departments. I found the job to be very mentally draining and frustrating as management demands and customer demands often conflict. Would not work with again.
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
It's a job
Customer Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2016
Poor work environment. Policy disallowed for any advancement internally. Poor hours. Poor HR assistance, Poor management training. I found this to be a very eye opening experience as in what to avoid.
Pros
Popsicle day
Cons
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 23, 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
full time job
agent (Former Employee) –  wellandAugust 16, 2016
answer calls from customers and offer to sell them products/services that will benefit them.

start on afternoon shift but can move to days as soon as 6 months.

pay is pretty good if you can sell
Pros
full time hours, bonuses for sales
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Pros
loved working with great people
Cons
loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 25, 2016
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
Pros
Good coworkers, liked the customers
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 6, 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Friendly and Supportive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 10, 2016
Growth opportunity and incentives are provided within the organization. Employee recognition and performance is identified and considered by your supervisors.
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Convergys is a great place to work!!!
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 7, 2016
I love working at Convergys, the teams are fun and management are very understanding and great to work with. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job here. But the best part of the job is the customers and the enjoyment I get when I can wow that customer with over the top customer service skills. My co-workers are fantastic and I always enjoy coming to work and seeing their faces.
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was answering phone calls from clients and Health Care Professionals about their Health insurance. Always learning new product. Went from being a CSA to a Supervisor and it was a great experience working there,great people to work with. My co-workers were awesome,just like family. The hardest part of the job was when the clients would call upset about a bill they received and thinking they didn't need to pay when indeed they did and very upsetting when they would call with their life and told us all about it(when they had something very sad about their life) The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out with their questions and concerns.
n/a
Team Lead, ECM, Associate Trainer, Assigner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 28, 2016
Learned many skills such as troubleshooting and questioning. Responsible for customer service, staff coaching and enhancement as well as new hire training.
Great Management
Senior Supervisor "Snowbird" Tech Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 19, 2016
Management is fantastic, the try to take care of their employees as best as they can. They run "fun" events often to improve overall moral.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 22, 2016
We need to be able to have more time off. I am ready to leave due to the stress level of the job. Managers do not work with the employees with regards to time off.