Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  EgyptJuly 16, 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 8, 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 6, 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 17, 2016
I love working here but it dose not suit me well i love being on my feet and on the go sitting all day on the phone, i not suited for me
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule
Always entertaining, quick advancement, multiple departments
Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2016
Convergys was a family atmosphere, everywhere you turned there was someone else that you knew either in your personal life or from friends of friends. There were a wide range of ages from young men and women just out of their teens to older people in there 60's to older. The management and trainers were helpful in any situation and you had a choice of departments to work in either prepaid, contract, technical support, warranty, and returns, to online support as well as online chats. There was Mobile Support as well as Home phone for Cincinnati Bell to work in.
The personalities of the Team leads was the most fun, because you could work for either a by the book or a laid back but under neath hard cor when work means work, you work but could also have the sense of humor of a long time vet...
The fund raising as well as morale boosting events were varied as well, from Halloween days, Christmas parties, BBQ's, Head shaving for cancer, Duct taping the manager to the deck wall and water ballon fights, and the like.
There was always an interesting something happening at any point during the week, and everyday brought the thought" what interesting thing is gona happen today?"
Pros
Excellent kitchen with homemade food every day
Technically inefficient
Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
For a call centre that promotes in training that agents are important to the success of the company why are are agents subjected to using inadequate tools in their training process? Constant loss of connection, freezing of Internet Explorer sessions, use of visual aids that are hard to see in a classroom, outdated hardware and software combined with a training cirriculum that doesn't flow properly doesn't make for an interesting training environment. The fact you can't take paper notes and do not have any access to training materials out of class and have to commit a lot to memory is very challenging. Chances of advancement are limited to the elite few. Everyone has to start as an agent regardless of past experiences, work experience or skill set. For a company that provides tech support for other companies they need to look at their own IT infrastructure because it's only a matter of time before Convergys experiences a cascade of technical issues within because of their lack of their own technical support team. Great "sales" to get a person onboard but as an IT job the pay is below the poverty level and is not inline with the going rate for tier two IT support in Ontario. Basically it's a Mcjob.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor training tools
Easy
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 14, 2016
Great place to work. Very busy, and the training was easy to handle. I do feel like in the evening there was not enough supervisors on hand.
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  londonJune 9, 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 2, 2016
The workplace is a loud environment with terrible team leads for support. Poorly kept, and dirty building. I was there for 7 months, and found myself less then thought of when it came to personal loss. Had to make multiple reports to the labor board for their illegal acts of discipline and lack of documentation they use for reports.
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJune 1, 2016
Makes for a long day when you're new. The hardest part was trying to decipher accents over the phone, as well as what the problem was.
Great learning atmosphere for beginners
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 31, 2016
Great place to work and learn for students and folks who are right out of college. Lots of training, fast paced environment.
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NSMay 27, 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work