Convergys Employee Reviews

Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 19, 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 26, 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
If you are good with communication skills and like dealing with the public id say yes its for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 13, 2016
I liked it at first but this go into 24 bull c%@# is what drives people over the edge. If that stopped then I would think more people would stay there..for every hour you work you have 1 minute bathroom time.I would love to go back but things would have to change
Pros
Good medical.they try to work with your schedule
Cons
Go into 24 for a review a few times a week
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 8, 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 6, 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  EgyptJuly 16, 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  londonJune 9, 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 16, 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 24, 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NSMay 27, 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Push sales way to hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 3, 2016
Convergys no longer cares about their customers and only cares about meeting the sales goals. The management does nothing but make sure your'e attempting to sell tv service when youre supposed to be assisting with cellphone accounts.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
push sales to hard
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 2, 2016
The workplace is a loud environment with terrible team leads for support. Poorly kept, and dirty building. I was there for 7 months, and found myself less then thought of when it came to personal loss. Had to make multiple reports to the labor board for their illegal acts of discipline and lack of documentation they use for reports.
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 17, 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 9, 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal