Convergys Employee Reviews

typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2016
when I worked for this company I would answer customer request such as billing issues, changing phone plans , and trouble shooting cell phones.My Co-workers would also be there to help each other if need extra assistance.
Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2016
Management is poorly run and does not care about employees. They have favourites and call you out in front of everyone. Lots of people have gone on medical leave due to stress.
change from cusomer service to add sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 November 2016
it's a grate place to work for when I worked there it was only customer service based now sales is involved with the change in the way the job is done those who do not do will in sales started to leave or do poorly so if your not into sales the job sucks.
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative - DirecTV (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 November 2016
Awesome place to work. Management is helpful. Client is very lenient and lots of incentives (free swag!!!!!) go go go go go
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
great place to work and play (golf)
Operations Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
typical day was preparing and setting up meals for large golf tournaments

great co-workers great atmosphere

hardest part of job was waiting the long hours to serve the golfers when the tournaments took too long sometimes over 6 hours

loved the staff and the perks of free golf
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long hours during the summer months
loved the people not the job
Case Manager/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 November 2016
the people I worked with were great the upper management no so much
would still be there if they were willing to work with me more when my child go ill. I left after 12 yrs do to that
SENIOR MANAGER, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 November 2016
Opportunities to advance. Great culture and rewards program in place. Leadership was accessible and awesome corporate training available to progress within the organization.
Fast paced environment, with recognition on daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 November 2016
Great place to move up from the starting positions, great career advancement, fast paced ever changing environment, managers always have the "open door" policy. Co-workers are always eager to help one another with best practices and feedback. Great abilities for improving linguistic skills as well as hearing what the issues are rather than guessing. Working within a factory for many years and coming to a call center I have learned communication skills 10 fold as well as multitasking and how to overcome bias and ignorance when speaking on a phone with clients and actually hearing their concerns and sometimes dissecting their language and words to get to root of the issue. hardest part of the job is being confronted by a disgruntled customer and maintain a calm empathetic approach to resolve the issue. Because of this type of call I was able to have a better understanding of using tone and choice words rather than be confrontational, and this actually works very well. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is just following procedures and stopping social engineers from attaining proprietary information. sometimes though it is not always that easy, I will be honest with you. There are times where the pressure can be a bit overwhelming on the job, and my best advice is to remember "one call at a time", Use your support system and try and remain calm when you feel like you are in the hot seat, because this will happen to you.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits, Bonuses, Recognition, Reward based scheduling.
Cons
Ergonomics for some, Pressure on performance.
Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
Productive Workplace with great healthy environment
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
• Performed computer operations including Internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of Internet Networking, PC and hardware troubleshooting
• Provided information for the installation of office and home networking router configurations
Average
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2016
Just an average customer service job. Customers call and you fix their problems. Almost zero job advancement but good pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
management and advancement
High turnover rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 October 2016
Stop telling people they will earn 15$ an hour and just give them that and your turnover rate will change for the better ... Thats the only bad thing over there 15$ is an empty promise maybe 5% of ppl get it
Pros
Fun
Cons
pay is too little bills gotta get paid... Take off incentives and pay people better
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
stay away
CSO (computer service operator) (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 October 2016
its like a black hole where all the trash gets sucked into. the only good thing about that place was some of the people.
Convergys fakes numbers for clients, they dont pay based on skill, the managers sleep with people to get promotions.
A great workplace to gain experience with not only technology but people as well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 October 2016
Convergys is a really great place to gain experience and a very good place to learn people skills, the most difficult part of the job would be adapting to the types of customers you come across, eventually it becomes a day to day scenario, you get used to it. Co-workers are very enjoyable to work with, I have not had an issue working with anyone the 2 years I've been there, Management is really well coordinated and easy to work with.
One of the worst employers around
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 October 2016
Avoid working for this company at any cost. They make all kinds of promises, but mistreat you and lie to you constantly.

Consider: When I left, they decided that, instead of paying me out my vacation time, they would send out a collections notice demanding that I pay them! Is that the kind of employer you want to work for?

I could list many other things, but I don't want to be positively identified by them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. No Pros.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
Wonderful job
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
I was only working at convergys for a short while, but in that time I had grown to love it. It's not just about answering phone calls, it's about helping the person on the other end of the phone. no matter what.
Pros
cheerful environment
Cons
cubicles