Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NSMay 27, 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 12, 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)
good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
Good
Customer Srevice / Tech Rep (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSApril 18, 2016
I liked talking to lots of different people and there was not any heavy lifting. Good hours and nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there ver much.
Pros
fun
Cons
no windows.
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 17, 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
Working for Beelzebub with air conditioning where hope goes to die.
Customer Service Agent/Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 14, 2016
Sign in, open all programs, pray computer is functioning properly and up to speed, troubleshoot internet connectivity problems for customers, get yelled at by people who have no idea how computers work yet own one anyway and insist any problems with the computer itself or the service they receive in a different country than your own is directly your fault, process payments for people who don't understand what a monthly fee is, calm said customers and empathize with their problems, schedule technicians for repairs, set up/close accounts, all while documenting all interactions with customers. I learned Einstein was right: ignorance is infinite, and that some jobs you must weigh the damage on your soul with earning a living. The management team was largely a dictatorial menace, akin to Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler in levels of understanding, empathy, and logic. The co-workers were the only redeeming aspect of the job, as most had high IQ's, great personalities, and had to be friendly to a fault to deal with the mostly unreasonable clientèle on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was feeling a piece of your soul get hacked off every time you heard the *boop* in your ear and a new customer was on the line, and all the exciting ridiculousness that followed suit to that point. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break room repartee, and quitting the job in question.
Pros
Smart and fun co-workers, a few interesting customers, the satisfaction of problem solving.
Cons
Repeatedly unfathomable human ignorance, being accused of being a robot by customers, and the general insanity that came along satisfying customers.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 6, 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there
Absolutely Disgusting Zero Star All the Way
Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 3, 2016
This is the worst place in Welland to work. They want top notch employees but only pay a little above minimum wage. They advertise that you can make up to $15 per hour with performance bonuses, but their system is set up so that they find a reason not to give you the bonus. If you get a commission for selling something, they make sure they take 2 months before it shows up on your pay. I guess they hope you quit before they have to pay it. Very shoddy practices. Greedy greedy greedy team leaders that want to make money off you for doing nothing.

No matter how well you are doing and how good your customer feedback is, the team leaders are always on you about something. You are forced to listen to recordings of your calls, after which they pick you apart about some little thing. If you don't say all their little fake-friendly script like a robot during the call, they call you out on it.
Take your job and shove it Convergys, Maybe when you have run through all the people in Welland, you will smarten up and change some of the things that causes people to leave.

Save yourself the stress and look elsewhere. I have NOTHING good to say about this company.
Pros
Cons
High pressure to sell, long delay to receive bonuses earned, false advertising on potential hourly rate
good place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSApril 2, 2016
it wasn't a bad place to work the staff were willing to help and work with you when needed, the gave you the time off you needed,
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Pros
loved working with great people
Cons
loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Pros
I cant think of any
Not well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 30, 2016
Very unorganized. During training we were taught one way, once you get out of the floor it is very different. Support takes too long to get to people when they have questions
Great!
AT&T Mobility Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 26, 2016
Great place to work! Develop good skills with competitive pay and bonuses as well as great benefits.
Management is friendly and go out of their way to help you when you need it!
not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 8, 2016
was awful the job itself was not good and would never recommend it to anyonelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll