Convergys Employee Reviews

Productic
csa/tier 2 (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS24 March 2017
Typical day would be taking medical insurance calls providing what is covered for clients to a medical professional. As tier 2 I handelled call escalations as a supervisor, did over phone and on floor training to coworkers in our workplace and in the Philippines.
I learned various medical terms and descriptions and how to be patient and handle angry or happy medical/dental professionals. How to handle appeals and claims as well.
Management was always good.
Learned a great amount of Philippine culture.
Hardest part of my job was some of the criticism and put downs by some of the callers, sometimes you will get called names and told how terrible you are, most of which was out of our control as we do not actually process claims and appeals, we would just provide most of the information or send down for processing. It gets easier to handle the more you hear it, after a little bit it doesn't effect you in any way.
Most enjoyable thing was the friend I made working there even in the Philippines. I learned a lot of Medical, Dental and Vision information, example being given a certain procedure name and looking it up and getting a full explanation on how it is done, what tools are used and where it takes place. Learned how to train new coworkers in p[person and on the phone. etc.
Pros
VGH
Cons
Evening hours when you want morning
Good place
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 March 2017
Good place to works , very accommodating for a student schedule. Good culture. Convergys welland is a good part time place or full time. They are very accommodating
not at this time
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 March 2017
I do not care to submit a review at this time. I have had many years with this company and have gained much experiencing with data entry to customer service and sales.
Very heavy on sales.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 March 2017
I worked here for 14 years​ and there were times that it was a good work place. Lately however it has gone down hill. I left because for me it had become a poisoning work environment​. The managers they have in place have been there far too long and are in need of an upgrade. I also left because of the sales aspect but if you like to sell and are good at selling it can be a good job. Wage wise you'll see little to no increase. Your schedule is based on your performance when it comes to shift bidding. If you can sell they'll leave you be but if you don't sell they will hound you until you do. Every conversation with TL and MO are the same...Sell sell sell...Even if you hit your targets, they'll ask for more. Good luck if you join here.
Pros
Free parking. Can be flexible when it comes to school schedules
Cons
Little to no pay increase. Over the top when it comes to selling.
Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 March 2017
The worst management to work with. Does not care about their employees. God forbid they have a personal life. You're expected to be there and be working, can't even go to the washroom without management calling you out in front of other employees. It's disgusting how they treat their employees.
Productive and a Fast Phase Environment
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ortigas15 March 2017
With the High Volumes of Technical Calls received in the production floor coming from most of the Cities Across US, it is required from us to provide the fastest and easiest solution possible to the client while not compromising the quality of service that the company is embodying. Adhering to the companies standards and workflows, I averaged 30-35 technical calls every shift and was able to work in a multi-task mode in every call as Documentation is also required apart from the walk-through for the technical solution.
It's a fun environment because of the challenges in most of the calls, maintaining scores on the metrics, and the technical training provided in the company that are mostly on New TelCo Technology. The only hard part was most of the shifts are scheduled at night.
Pros
Lots of Training and Bonuses if you perform well
Cons
Graveyard Shift
Great Experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 March 2017
Very Friendly Staff and culture. love to be there again. but due to personal problem's can't be. great opportunity for youngsters.
learn so many creative things around and opportunity to meet such nice peoples.
Good job, productive workplace
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 March 2017
The job was great for hours and income, benefits and stability. The staff was friendly and helpful and the management were respectful, helpful and friendly. I ended up leaving because I decided to take course at nscc to get into a possible higher paying job and better education and opportunity.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly co workers
Great co-workers
Customer support associate/Appeals agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the politics of management was not always appropriate. My assessments usually gave me the rating of "key contributor" which was the highest rating and you received a bonus. The team leads were not permitted to give that award to me more then three times even though they did not have any fault with my work. I was told they had to rate "on a curve".
Call center employment is a very stressful job but I was dealing with Appeals which I found very interesting.
Pros
achievement awards
Cons
agressive management
Once you get familiar it's easy work
Technical support associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2017
The training is not particularly good but after a month or two on the floor you will generally have the hang of it and it becomes an easy and often stressful job. Management is pulled from agents, often a little too quickly and they often don't have enough training either. Security can be a problem with contract loss but they do go out of their way to keep employees and move them to other contracts if possible. A good boon is you never get called in, shifts are constant and steady and when you go home work stays at work.
Pros
Easy after a while, Great feedback and on the floor help
Cons
Poor training makes a horrible first month on calls, sometimes poor management
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support Engineer (DELL) (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
I love this Job. Good work place . Team environment. Opportunity to grow. Training provided. Great management.Huge Experience to work with big team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Holiday jobs
Steady Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON24 February 2017
steady hours and lots of overtime. Sales is a big aspect now, but you can make really good bonuses if you make the sales. Team Leads are really helpful.
Pros
sales bonuses
Cons
reptative
Hardest job to show up to
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
This is the kind of job that has to give out bonuses for attendance, because the job it so horrid, that people just don't show up. The pay is abismal, even if you work on one of the higher paying contracts. They wave bonuses in your face that are very difficult to obtain, because they usually have to do with creating good customer experience, but they won't give you enough time to actually follow up with that. As mentioned in the title, this job is extremely hard to show up to, there are days where an entire row of people aren't in, the management is often times not in either. Convergys seems to me to be a place where they make it extremely difficult to obtain the information you need on purpose. The health coverage is nice, but you have to pay upfront, so I am unable to use it, as I am not making enough money to balance bills and debt, while still having enough to go and get my eyes checked.
Pros
Decent health coverage, some deals at local buisnesses
Cons
Management has to follow procedure, so you may lose points on attendance if you have to leave for any reason
Awsome job Loved it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS21 February 2017
I loved my job with Sprint, we had so much fun, BBQs every Friday a birthday party every month for every one who had a birthday, great pay, clean environment awesome benefits awesome staff..al around great place to work.
Pros
Every thing
Cons
Distance from work to home and they closed the doors for good
Great Opportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 February 2017
The work environment within Convergys is both fast-paced and rewarding. There are many great stories within the company of improvement and advancement. There seems to be a very high push towards the sales aspect of the job but it is not to be a deciding factor as there are teams of dedicated individuals who help you succeed within the company.
Cons
Not much availability to schedule Customisation
Convergys
Call center (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS17 February 2017
i was talking incoming phone calls from Wednesday to Sunday.they are flex able for when i was going to school. I was going thought stress
this place will slowly drain you..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 February 2017
Turn over rate there was something i have never experienced befor. New faces every day i would see once or twice and then never again. People would be terminated quite often and you never felt your job was secure. Had me and coworkers on pins and needles constantly. Job attrition was extremely high for management. I think i seen 1, maby 2 people get true promotions to management while i was there (5 years). Many are gone. If you can get on a day shift great. If not, the hours are hard to deal with. You cant have cell phones at your desk, or smart watches, paper, pens, magazines, wallet or purse, food, ect. You must be able to deal with sales there and deal with --extreme pressure to sell-- by your managers. Not to mention take the feedback from angry customers who do not appreciate the sales pitch, let alone their original reason for calling in!!! Jobs good for quick cash i suppose. Dont expect anything good long term in regards to pay or job satisfaction. Seen multiple grown adults break down at that place. Paid training there was great and lots of fun. Full time hours was good. Many other internal company jobs were moved overseas such as payroll, scheduling, ect, which i'm not a fan of. My recommendation; take this job if you really need it and if you can handle it. do not get your hopes up or expect anything good. Look for a better job while you work there, don't waste your time.
Pros
paid training. full time work.
Cons
sales.stress.minimum wage.job security.micro management.politics.favouritism
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
Answered calls in a timely manner regarding many issues. Promoted sales and created revenue for the company. I learned a lot about prescription drugs and handling customer inquiries. Management wasn't too bad although there is some room for improvement with the team leads actually being able to assist staff with issues. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to deal with things that weren't apart of the job scope. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and my coworkers.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership from management
company was good so long as everything went the way the company wanted it to
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville ontario10 February 2017
Convergys is a company I had the opportunity to work for twice and found that the second time would be the last time I work for this company due to the unprofessional nature of dealing with its reps. Promises made and then broken under the guise of business needs.
Pros
good location and benefits
Cons
company does not care for its workers as there is always more out there
Acceptable full time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 February 2017
If you're able to cope with the "creative" scheduling, the pay is excellent and the customer base is quite easy to handle.

Plenty of bonuses and free giveaways, as well as additional earning opportunities and almost constant overtime availability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

74%