Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 17, 2016
I love working here but it dose not suit me well i love being on my feet and on the go sitting all day on the phone, i not suited for me
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule
Always entertaining, quick advancement, multiple departments
Technical Support/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 15, 2016
Convergys was a family atmosphere, everywhere you turned there was someone else that you knew either in your personal life or from friends of friends. There were a wide range of ages from young men and women just out of their teens to older people in there 60's to older. The management and trainers were helpful in any situation and you had a choice of departments to work in either prepaid, contract, technical support, warranty, and returns, to online support as well as online chats. There was Mobile Support as well as Home phone for Cincinnati Bell to work in.
The personalities of the Team leads was the most fun, because you could work for either a by the book or a laid back but under neath hard cor when work means work, you work but could also have the sense of humor of a long time vet...
The fund raising as well as morale boosting events were varied as well, from Halloween days, Christmas parties, BBQ's, Head shaving for cancer, Duct taping the manager to the deck wall and water ballon fights, and the like.
There was always an interesting something happening at any point during the week, and everyday brought the thought" what interesting thing is gona happen today?"
Pros
Excellent kitchen with homemade food every day
Technically inefficient
Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
For a call centre that promotes in training that agents are important to the success of the company why are are agents subjected to using inadequate tools in their training process? Constant loss of connection, freezing of Internet Explorer sessions, use of visual aids that are hard to see in a classroom, outdated hardware and software combined with a training cirriculum that doesn't flow properly doesn't make for an interesting training environment. The fact you can't take paper notes and do not have any access to training materials out of class and have to commit a lot to memory is very challenging. Chances of advancement are limited to the elite few. Everyone has to start as an agent regardless of past experiences, work experience or skill set. For a company that provides tech support for other companies they need to look at their own IT infrastructure because it's only a matter of time before Convergys experiences a cascade of technical issues within because of their lack of their own technical support team. Great "sales" to get a person onboard but as an IT job the pay is below the poverty level and is not inline with the going rate for tier two IT support in Ontario. Basically it's a Mcjob.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Poor training tools
Easy
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 14, 2016
Great place to work. Very busy, and the training was easy to handle. I do feel like in the evening there was not enough supervisors on hand.
Same as Stream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
This is the new name for Stream Global Services inc. It had been taken over around 2013-14 and they have done a good job at maintaining the efficiency and easy-going workplace feel that Stream is known for.
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  londonJune 9, 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 2, 2016
The workplace is a loud environment with terrible team leads for support. Poorly kept, and dirty building. I was there for 7 months, and found myself less then thought of when it came to personal loss. Had to make multiple reports to the labor board for their illegal acts of discipline and lack of documentation they use for reports.
Blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJune 1, 2016
Makes for a long day when you're new. The hardest part was trying to decipher accents over the phone, as well as what the problem was.
Great learning atmosphere for beginners
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 31, 2016
Great place to work and learn for students and folks who are right out of college. Lots of training, fast paced environment.
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NSMay 27, 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
Great
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 12, 2016
The work was good, I enjoyed working technical support there. Environment wasn't soul sucking. all in all, I've worked worse places
Strange hours
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
It was great at firts, started to fall apart when they changed areas. (Convergys was a call centre for delinquent credit cards and cell accounts)
good company, very good training
Customer Service Representative - Senior (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2016
Convergys, formerly Stream Global Services, has been a great place to work. This company wants their employees to succeed and gives every opportunity for the agents to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on several contracts and have been given the tools required to be able to do the job. This is an inbound call centre, we take on contracts from other companies to assist with the service of their products, calls are taken from people who are having issues our job is to resolve them. This can be anywhere from highly technical issues to charges on a customer account. I have learned how to use a computer which, when I started I did not have one, to now being able to assist customers using the computer skills that I have learned and feel confidant using every day. I have also been able to use that knowledge to assist my colleagues with their calls as well as taking escalated calls. The most difficult part of this job is knowing that we do not always have the same shift we have to bid on them and where you are on the list is determined by your stats. The part that I have enjoyed the most is the friends that have been made while working here and how much fun we can have.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.