Convergys Employee Reviews

dealing with different types of problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 January 2017
working here i did love it the different types of problem each day were fun to me miss the friendly co workers and some of the customers. miss the way the tm (team managers) helped you out when you needed them for tough call or a simple yet common question. surely do miss it. but had to leave for medical reasons
Pros
dealing with different types of problem
Cons
dealing with rude customers. job not meant for everyone
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
This job was awesome ! Constantly dealing with a vast diverse customer base working on the phone dealing with a variety of issues from billing to technical support . Often challenging to rewarding .Empathy and understanding and sometimes de-escalating callers ,promting and up selling to meet the customers needs
Pros
teams friendship and training
Cons
they closed the center down
experience
Business & Commercial Client / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
in my experience, Call center job. average pay... great community of workers. good team leaders and proper work ethics.
Sales Driven...pressured to sell above all else.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2017
Fun workplace with great people and management. However sales is their main focus, above customer satisfaction and pitching the sale is a must. Breaks are timed and very short. I myself was not comfortable with this and moved on quite quickly. You may not have the same experience. Hope this helps.
Pros
3 weeks paid training, selling incentives
Cons
Pressure driven sales, short breaks, lack of support staff
A friendly and caring place to work at!
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2016
Caring managers to work with.
Fun employee engagement activities.
Flexible work hours.
Very good paid trainings conducted for new hires.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON9 December 2016
Worked there a long time ago
Was okay for the most part
Some management lacked the skills needed to assist in doing well at the job
Older computer equipment
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS4 December 2016
Great place to work. I started my Professional Career here and learnt a lot about Help Desk Job. People are friendly and nice at work place. Management is also easy going and co operative most of the time. Longer call volume is the hardest part of the job. Most of the time troubleshooting is the fun part of the job.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Longer call volume
typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2016
when I worked for this company I would answer customer request such as billing issues, changing phone plans , and trouble shooting cell phones.My Co-workers would also be there to help each other if need extra assistance.
Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2016
Management is poorly run and does not care about employees. They have favourites and call you out in front of everyone. Lots of people have gone on medical leave due to stress.
change from cusomer service to add sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 November 2016
it's a grate place to work for when I worked there it was only customer service based now sales is involved with the change in the way the job is done those who do not do will in sales started to leave or do poorly so if your not into sales the job sucks.
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative - DirecTV (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 November 2016
Awesome place to work. Management is helpful. Client is very lenient and lots of incentives (free swag!!!!!) go go go go go
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
great place to work and play (golf)
Operations Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
typical day was preparing and setting up meals for large golf tournaments

great co-workers great atmosphere

hardest part of job was waiting the long hours to serve the golfers when the tournaments took too long sometimes over 6 hours

loved the staff and the perks of free golf
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long hours during the summer months
loved the people not the job
Case Manager/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 November 2016
the people I worked with were great the upper management no so much
would still be there if they were willing to work with me more when my child go ill. I left after 12 yrs do to that
SENIOR MANAGER, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 November 2016
Opportunities to advance. Great culture and rewards program in place. Leadership was accessible and awesome corporate training available to progress within the organization.
Fast paced environment, with recognition on daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 November 2016
Great place to move up from the starting positions, great career advancement, fast paced ever changing environment, managers always have the "open door" policy. Co-workers are always eager to help one another with best practices and feedback. Great abilities for improving linguistic skills as well as hearing what the issues are rather than guessing. Working within a factory for many years and coming to a call center I have learned communication skills 10 fold as well as multitasking and how to overcome bias and ignorance when speaking on a phone with clients and actually hearing their concerns and sometimes dissecting their language and words to get to root of the issue. hardest part of the job is being confronted by a disgruntled customer and maintain a calm empathetic approach to resolve the issue. Because of this type of call I was able to have a better understanding of using tone and choice words rather than be confrontational, and this actually works very well. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is just following procedures and stopping social engineers from attaining proprietary information. sometimes though it is not always that easy, I will be honest with you. There are times where the pressure can be a bit overwhelming on the job, and my best advice is to remember "one call at a time", Use your support system and try and remain calm when you feel like you are in the hot seat, because this will happen to you.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits, Bonuses, Recognition, Reward based scheduling.
Cons
Ergonomics for some, Pressure on performance.
Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement