Convergys

5.4K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Convergys is a great place to work!!!
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 7, 2016
I love working at Convergys, the teams are fun and management are very understanding and great to work with. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job here. But the best part of the job is the customers and the enjoyment I get when I can wow that customer with over the top customer service skills. My co-workers are fantastic and I always enjoy coming to work and seeing their faces.
Busy busy busy
North America Region/Quality Manager/Administrator (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: travel
Cons: Lot of hours
A great place to work, learned a lot and loved working with employees of all level. Many opportunities with projects and travel. Long hours and commitment. Company closed due to the rise in the Canadian dollar.
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was answering phone calls from clients and Health Care Professionals about their Health insurance. Always learning new product. Went from being a CSA to a Supervisor and it was a great experience working there,great people to work with. My co-workers were awesome,just like family. The hardest part of the job was when the clients would call upset about a bill they received and thinking they didn't need to pay when indeed they did and very upsetting when they would call with their life and told us all about it(when they had something very sad about their life) The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out with their questions and concerns.
liked it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
it was a good experience, it made me more experienced in some of the areas in life that i did not really know about, i would recommend it to other people
Wireless Care Specialist
Wireless Care Specialist (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: lots of co-workers
Cons: many irate customers
Assist and educate Customer Service Professionals.
Set up payments and working for account standings.
Working through difficult issues for resolution
Support for new employees with on the job training
Long term job with minimal pay in over the phone customer relations
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Making people happy, the co-workers
Cons: Tough to constantly reach stats, low pay
When you come to work, all you mostly do is answer phones and questions from customers calling in with concerns or issues. They teach you all the resources you need and show you where to find answers for other questions that may be asked. The on-the-floor management team is great and usually do their best to make it a less-stressed work environment. The pay is on the low end of the spectrum compared to other companies who have their representatives in same or similar positions. In the limited amounts of time you are able to talk to your co-workers, you can end up making long term friendships since there is nothing else to do except talk and type notes.

The hardest part of working is constant pressure from the constant calls coming in and only able to breath during breaks and lunch while at work. There is very limited time to get extra training, check for updates/changes to the system, or even to finish notes after a call. If you are in constant que (or have constant calls waiting), you are unable to do these items and at times it might be days, or even weeks, before you have time to catch up on training, unless you are willing to use break and unpaid time to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with some customers, if you don't mind loosing track of your average handle time. Some have interesting stories, or bits of wisdom. Many different walks of life.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Finally got benefits
Cons: Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 10, 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
Relaxed work environment, full of positive and friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Very laid back, calm setting.
Cons: Siting in a chair all day.
A typical work day, starts with getting all your tools and programs set up on the computer. Once it's time for your shift to begin, we log into our phones ans start taking calls.

A lot of the calls are the same because we are dealing with strictly cell phones, but they're different in their own way. You will get the occasional irate customer, but many times you will find yourself and the customer laughing together.

My time at Convergys has taught me a lot about cell phone functions, various plans and promotions, how to manage talking to a customer while also working on two different computer screens. They teach you how to handle and react when someone is irate. They're training program makes you very confident in explaining how to operate a device or how to explain an account change.

The co-workers at Convergys are very fun and easy going. The work place is always filled with laughter, however it's still in a professional manner. Everyone is very friendly, and you find yourself making friends very quickly.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when you have an upset customer who is difficult to calm down and to help. I've experienced many customers who were upset with what was happening with their phone and ultimately their first reaction is to get upset, and with good reason, since they are paying for our services. It can be hard to maintain that professional tone, and to stay calm yourself. If you're having a hard time with the call, management is happy to step in and help you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people all over the – more... United States. You hear new accents, sometimes a customer will tell you about their day. I've had many calls where once their issue was solved, they then just wanted to talk. It may be over the phone but you definitely meet a lot of new and great people. I find myself always smiling and laughing along with the customer. It makes the job easier and it's nice to have that connection with someone, even if it is brief. – less
HELP DESK SUPPORT (Current Employee), Swords, DDecember 23, 2015
Colleagues are great, job is easy but no challenge.
Management is not taking workers seriously.
Breaks are nice as there is a restaurant on site.
Very nice company
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKDecember 21, 2015
nice company, a company that supports and develop their employees. a company that has a good reputation in dealing with client's concerns
Convergys
Call Centre Customer Service (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Helping 30+ people in a day
Cons: high turnover
Everyday you walk in and sit down to a large call volume so you're never bored. You take calls and then write notes about the call for future representatives to reference, if you need to speak to your supervisor or Team Leader they are easy to find and helpful. Convergys has a large turn over rate so there are always new people to meet and talk to and every few months it feels like a change over in staff. I did learn about ownership at Convergys which is something that I have taken with me through all of my jobs since. Ownership is important because once you are involved with someone's issue or have taken on a responsibility it is easier and faster for you to complete the job than hand it off to someone else. I also learned that there are many kinds of good and bad customer service. The templates help but a person can figure out what another person wants by listening to their words, voice, tone and so much more.The hardest part was trying to help store front shops who were assisting especially difficult customers but it could be done. The best part was taking the extra step in assisting someone with their issue and making them feel like they had been heard and helped as much as possible.
It was okay
Level 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Free food sometimes
Cons: Severely restricted tools
Pretty high stress for minimal pay, but the work itself was enjoyable for the the most part. Hours were flexible, and there were automated systems to track and apply for time off.
LOVE this company.
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, the "family" atmosphere, and employee recognition programs.
Cons: long hours, rude clients, hours of work.
sometimes I wish I never left the company to move across Canada I had it sooo good at Convergys. I was getting benefits, extremely good pay and I loved the group of people i worked with my team was awesome...plus, you cant beat the fun and laid back atmosphere of work, I felt like I was at home.
Nice place to work as long as you are mobile - Transit sucks
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSNovember 4, 2015
Found if you worked with the management team on a give & take basis they will work to balance the job against your individual needs; you just need to be willing to step up and ask.

Enjoyed working there and was sad to leave friends behind.
managment
Technical Support II (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 27, 2015
helped my a lot as a bigger
made me to focus to improve my tech skill
believed in me
always there was a challenge to learn and improve
Worst place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Everything.
Worst place to work, they do not care about employees. They care more about the business then their own employees needs. If you're sick, well that sucks. They try and fire you with a doctors note.
Great Place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), San Pedro SulaOctober 19, 2015
Its a great place to be working in, learned many new skills made many friends, Had the opportunity to develop myself and my team to become even better in the job we where doing.
productive and fun place
Customer service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
eight hours a day and 40 hours a week.
communication with people.
listen to the issue and give an answer in a simple way.
a good system to mange the job
Very stressful environment, with little encouragement or benefits.
Telephone Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Welland, ONOctober 14, 2015
Wouldn't recommend this employer to my enemies. The only good thing about working there was it was a paycheque.
There is too many bosses, a person gets told what to do by many people, often the instructions are conflicting.
Industry