Convergys

Convergys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 19, 2015
Pros: Health/Dental Benefits
Cons: Long Days
Nice relaxed environment. Good colleagues. Providing customer's with good customer service is joyful. Enjoy this job.
Slow work place with repetitive work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: Easy, entry level job
Cons: inconsistent work schedules, poor management, inadequate training
The company treats their employees like statistics instead of people, the customers treat the representatives like dirt and the technology is old and constantly refuses to cooperate. However, this job teaches alot about patience in the work place as well as dealing with irate or unhappy customers.
n/a
Customer Service Representative Level II (Former Employee), Rosa, Laguna, ManilaApril 7, 2015
It's an awesome job because I'm a people person. I want everything in order and I want everyone happy right away. Although they requesting extensive Overtime, almost everyday, of about 5 hours is slowly killing us. They need manpower. (This only applies to our account, I'm sure others are O.K.)
Convergys
(Rogers) Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
Convergys is an alright place to work. Pay isn't great but they do offer 80% benefits. Im not to sure what else to write go get a job and find out
Call Centre
Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2015
Pros: teamwork, atmosphere, joy of getting the job done
Cons: many angry/frustrated customers (at the beginning of the call)
Excellent entry-level job. At the time wages were average, however lack of benefits were noticeable. Problem solving was the key skill in this job. I answered phone calls at a inbound call facility for Hewlett-Packard assisting their customers in computer related issues. From software installation to hardware troubleshooting.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with and the joy of solving problems and making the customer happy. The most difficult part of the job was also customer based. Not all problems can be solved to the satisfaction of the customer. The best way to explain that is to say this, no one calls the help desk to say how great things are going, everyone who calls is usually upset or frustrated to begin with and that makes the job somewhat stressful having to try and please an already upset individual.
fun place to work
SUPERVISOR/BELL INTERNET PHONE AGENT (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 18, 2015
fun place to work,decent environment managers are good good hours, decent pay. work life balance is not the best. recommendthis place
Productive, Effective, Good Environment
Floor Leader & Operational Manager (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 23, 2015
A good place to work.
Amazing benefits
Productive, Effective, Good Environment
Friendly environment to work
Nice work-personal life balance
8 hours on phone and computer
Call center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 19, 2015
You spend an 8 hour shift on the phone speaking to customers about their cell phone service either resolving billing issues or providing technical support or assisting them with an upgrade to a new phone or a new rate plan and a new phone. There are times when customers call in extremely upset because they went into a store and the store employee was not clear as to what they were getting when they did their upgrade and now they find that they have something they did not want so they are very mad and screaming at you and it's your fault even though you had nothing to do with it.
Supervisors were not giving employee feedback leading to high turnover rate
Customer Service (Former Employee), Truro, Nova ScotiaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: sprint paid good bonus
Cons: lack of management, lack of respect, lack of structure, lack of help for new employees
Work consisted of answering calls from Sprint customers about billing issues or phone issues. Supervisors were always hard to reach, at least four were on duty at one time. They had taken a person strait off the floor into management position with no prior training. This lead to many dissatisfied employees. Higher ups did not seam to worry about the lower down employees since they had more to apply. This leads to employees feeling unappreciated. Some employees were fired and then they were called to come back at reduced pay which was turned down. Stress leave was used by most employees at least a few times.
success driven company and harmonious relationship with co-workers
Sales and service representative 2 (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: bonuses and rewards
Cons: night shift
i had been with convergys Philippines for just a little over a year. i would'nt be resigning if not because of my visa approval here in Canada. the workplace is very receptive for learning. having Convergys as my first ever Call center job is a blessing. the environment and my co workers is just like family. we were oriented with the same goal of success. nobodys left behind, everyone is picking you up and motivate you to strive harder.
Good temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: lots
I did not enjoy working at Convergys. Managers are rude, co-workers are okay, learned that AT&T is a hack, hardest part of the job was rude customers, making a customer happy.
great opportunity for full time employment in local area
Tech-support agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
receiving inbound calls dealing with customers and fixing technical issues while recording and multitasking offering sales to these customers as well
good work enviroment, fast paced,
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks, 1 lunch, good co-workers, rewards and medical, dental, vision benifits
Cons: threat of job closing
Typical day
* Take calls, give information on benefits, claims and appeals, researched data, assisted in reviewing issues

What I learned
* Patience, customer service skills, communications skills, further experience with computer skills

*The management was there when you needed help and helped you with problems you had with working

My co-workers
* Great co-workers, always there for you to help and brighten your day

The hardest part of the job
* Not being able to assist callers with their issues

The most enjoyable part of the job
* The co-workers and the times I was able to assist my callers with their issues, when I could help them they were always very appreciative
Nice workplace
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Very team oriented, friendly staff and management was also friendly and approachable.
friendly and so cooperative
Technical Support professional II (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: sometimes have to handle irate custumers
more we work more we learn everyday. full of new opportunities. fun to work. co-workers are so friendly and supportive.
No comment
Technical Support (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: bad place to work
No comment
Long hours,
poor pay
little or holidays
no on-site hot meals available (bring you own food)
Customer Service
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 21, 2015
Take incoming calls from customers concerning there cell phone service from bills, to trouble shooting there product also a lot of sales.
Good management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule/stressful
Stressful job, but then again, I suppose you could say that about any customer support businesses.
fun happy environment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: happy fun and easy to learn
Cons: angry customers calling
if it had not been for me becoming sick during training I would still b employed there
Very little culture
Core Training Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2015
Not a strong culture, was not a supportive environment. Would not recommend.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more