Convergys
4,020 reviews

Convergys Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Convergys
(Rogers) Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours
Convergys is an alright place to work. Pay isn't great but they do offer 80% benefits. Im not to sure what else to write go get a job and find out
Call Centre
Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2015
Pros: teamwork, atmosphere, joy of getting the job done
Cons: many angry/frustrated customers (at the beginning of the call)
Excellent entry-level job. At the time wages were average, however lack of benefits were noticeable. Problem solving was the key skill in this job. I answered phone calls at a inbound call facility for Hewlett-Packard assisting their customers in computer related issues. From software installation to hardware troubleshooting.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the people that I worked with and the joy of solving problems and making the customer happy. The most difficult part of the job was also customer based. Not all problems can be solved to the satisfaction of the customer. The best way to explain that is to say this, no one calls the help desk to say how great things are going, everyone who calls is usually upset or frustrated to begin with and that makes the job somewhat stressful having to try and please an already upset individual.
fun place to work
SUPERVISOR/BELL INTERNET PHONE AGENT (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 18, 2015
fun place to work,decent environment managers are good good hours, decent pay. work life balance is not the best. recommendthis place
Productive, Effective, Good Environment
Floor Leader & Operational Manager (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 23, 2015
A good place to work.
Amazing benefits
Productive, Effective, Good Environment
Friendly environment to work
Nice work-personal life balance
8 hours on phone and computer
Call center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 19, 2015
You spend an 8 hour shift on the phone speaking to customers about their cell phone service either resolving billing issues or providing technical support or assisting them with an upgrade to a new phone or a new rate plan and a new phone. There are times when customers call in extremely upset because they went into a store and the store employee was not clear as to what they were getting when they did their upgrade and now they find that they have something they did not want so they are very mad and screaming at you and it's your fault even though you had nothing to do with it.
Supervisors were not giving employee feedback leading to high turnover rate
Customer Service (Former Employee), Truro, Nova ScotiaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: sprint paid good bonus
Cons: lack of management, lack of respect, lack of structure, lack of help for new employees
Work consisted of answering calls from Sprint customers about billing issues or phone issues. Supervisors were always hard to reach, at least four were on duty at one time. They had taken a person strait off the floor into management position with no prior training. This lead to many dissatisfied employees. Higher ups did not seam to worry about the lower down employees since they had more to apply. This leads to employees feeling unappreciated. Some employees were fired and then they were called to come back at reduced pay which was turned down. Stress leave was used by most employees at least a few times.
success driven company and harmonious relationship with co-workers
Sales and service representative 2 (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: bonuses and rewards
Cons: night shift
i had been with convergys Philippines for just a little over a year. i would'nt be resigning if not because of my visa approval here in Canada. the workplace is very receptive for learning. having Convergys as my first ever Call center job is a blessing. the environment and my co workers is just like family. we were oriented with the same goal of success. nobodys left behind, everyone is picking you up and motivate you to strive harder.
Good temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: lots
I did not enjoy working at Convergys. Managers are rude, co-workers are okay, learned that AT&T is a hack, hardest part of the job was rude customers, making a customer happy.
great opportunity for full time employment in local area
Tech-support agent (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
receiving inbound calls dealing with customers and fixing technical issues while recording and multitasking offering sales to these customers as well
good work enviroment, fast paced,
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks, 1 lunch, good co-workers, rewards and medical, dental, vision benifits
Cons: threat of job closing
Typical day
* Take calls, give information on benefits, claims and appeals, researched data, assisted in reviewing issues

What I learned
* Patience, customer service skills, communications skills, further experience with computer skills

*The management was there when you needed help and helped you with problems you had with working

My co-workers
* Great co-workers, always there for you to help and brighten your day

The hardest part of the job
* Not being able to assist callers with their issues

The most enjoyable part of the job
* The co-workers and the times I was able to assist my callers with their issues, when I could help them they were always very appreciative
Nice workplace
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Very team oriented, friendly staff and management was also friendly and approachable.
friendly and so cooperative
Technical Support professional II (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: rewards
Cons: sometimes have to handle irate custumers
more we work more we learn everyday. full of new opportunities. fun to work. co-workers are so friendly and supportive.
No comment
Technical Support (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: bad place to work
No comment
Long hours,
poor pay
little or holidays
no on-site hot meals available (bring you own food)
Customer Service
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 21, 2015
Take incoming calls from customers concerning there cell phone service from bills, to trouble shooting there product also a lot of sales.
Good management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule/stressful
Stressful job, but then again, I suppose you could say that about any customer support businesses.
fun happy environment
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: happy fun and easy to learn
Cons: angry customers calling
if it had not been for me becoming sick during training I would still b employed there
Very little culture
Core Training Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2015
Not a strong culture, was not a supportive environment. Would not recommend.
Not the greatest place in the world
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, alright pay
Cons: no help when you want it.
A typical day, was answering phone calls, and dealing with customers and helping them with there reason for calling.

I learned a lot about the computers and systems, and also learned a call centre job isn't for me at all.

The management was great, but at times not entirely helpful when you needed the help.

My coworkers were actually one of the main reason why I actually stayed at my job so long, cause they made it somewhat bearable to work.

Hardest part of the job would be having to deal with angry customers, and not having anyone to help me with the calls to transfer it over. Also being told to use chat for any questions, which I fully obliged to, to have no one in chat to answer any questions, to then have to use the flag and still waiting for help with any customer issues I could not resolve.

The most enjoyable part was like I said my coworkers.
Please don't even think of applying here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: nice friendly co-workers, full time hours
Cons: bad attitude from management, overall stress
This was overall a very stressful, disappointing job. At least it was full-time and overtime was almost always available. And my co-workers for the most part were great.
But management is terrible and they will criticize you on pretty much every aspect of your calls when you are done training and hit the call center floor. Positive feedback is pretty scarce. You will only be a number, and you will be expendable. I stayed at Convergys for 19 months and actually didn't mind it for the first 8 or 9. Then I started to see and hear things that management would do that I didn't agree with. I personally saw a co-worker and friend of mine bullied on a regular basis by one of the supervisors there. I was also accused of not doing my job properly and then it was proven that I was and hadn't done anything wrong. No apology whatsoever from the supervisor who was accusing me.
The calls themselves can be long and stressful. You'll be handling tech support, billing issues, etc.
There are alot of better places to work.
A comfortable attmosphere and a fun place to work
Internet Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaDecember 7, 2014
Pros: recognition for good service.
Cons: constant need to be on the phone.
Answered incoming Internet service calls
Assessed information
Checked outage problems
Implemented solutions
Scheduled technical calls
Recorded changes in database
Took ongoing updates and training
Reported any issues to management
Assisted management

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more