Convergys Employee Reviews

Iron Mountain
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  PH25 July 2017
Busy call center as i worked for the Iron Mountain program under Convergy's.

The people were very friendly, and provided monthly perks from management such as free lunches from major restaurants such as Pizza Hut and Jollibee as this was located in Philippines.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Night Shift
stable job for a student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
This was a good and stable position to have when I was in university.

I was able to ask for a flexible schedule and concentrate on my studies. I learned how to communicate with people in an emphatic manner.
Not what it's cracked up to be.
Slave (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS14 July 2017
These guys make it sound like they're wonderful.

Not so.

Inflexible scheduling. Shift bids. Managers that address their staff as though you're 12 years old.

Scheduling and timekeeping system that actually penalizes you for being 1 minute late for your shift or break/lunch.

If you need money, be prepared to feel like you're back in Junior High.

Joke.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All.
Good starter company
Customer Service Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
Not great hours, managers that did not know very much about anything about what you supported. Managers did not want to deal with upset customers and wanted agents to pretend they were managers.
Pros
Not alot to say
Cons
closed.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 July 2017
Working with this company was very fun but also challenging. Being trained to do so many different jobs for customers was stressful and sometime systems weren't always working. most of the customers were nice but sometimes people were difficult.
Poor Management
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, NS6 July 2017
Sadly this is a company that recycles failed ideas and minimizes salary increases to the upper managers preferences instead of team production. Middle management salaries are the lowest in the industry and the excuse used is a bonus structure that is designed to have extra pay held back.
Pros
Consistent weekly pay - if you go to work.
Cons
Poor work environment
Heavy Work Load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region4 July 2017
This job has a heavy workload since we do many things in each call and the calls are queueing. The schedules are not that suitable. They tend to change every week and sometimes the rest days are split.
Pros
High End Parties
Cons
Queueing Calls
very fun, made good friends, relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 June 2017
i had a great time at this job, though sometimes it can be hard dealing with irate customers, i always found myself leaving my stress at work everyday and i never felt severly stressed about going to work everyday.
Pros
commission available, fun workplace
Cons
none.
I thought they said "Comfort Cheese"
Fee Waiver (Former Employee) –  London Ontario22 June 2017
After realizing we weren't going to be selling cheese of any kind or quantity, I quickly adapted and got behind the idea of being a Customer Service Agent for a large cellphone company. The trainer was awesome, she did an excellent job training us the best she could (That was easy!). After training we were put on the floor where, if at any time we had a question, there were many people working floor support all we had to do is flag em down and they were right there to help! The customers were fine with being put on hold so much. I fancied myself the "Dirty Harry" of customer service and you're allowed to decorate your workspace. I had an open hand on a spring that said "Fees" on it and called myself the Fee Waiver. I'm a contractor now though. All in all a great place to work!
Pros
Customers like it when you tell them things that sound good.
Cons
The training hours made it hard to get home after, but luckily I made some good friends who gave me a ride most of the time.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
I guarantee once you start working here, you will want to stay. The people in this company are what make this place great. Benefits are great and provided for me and my family, you never have to worry about not getting paid on time, policies are fair and easy to understand. Thorough training and Management is great, and pay is decent. I would recommend working here even as a first job as everyone is patient and friendly, and managers work with you to assist on days off and make accommodations when possible to help with life responsibilities. There's also advancement opportunities coming up all the time within the company. I've been employed almost 6 years now, and can honestly say I love my job!
Pros
People, flexibility with shifts, benefits, management, career development
Cons
Pay could be better, that's about it
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 June 2017
Good company to work for. Great tools to work with. Worked for AT&T wireless phone services when the iPhone and Smart Phones first came out. Had the opportunity to go the the USA for one month to give verbal input for the opening of a new call centre. Bad news, with the rise in the Canadian dollar to the American, they pulled out of Canada and our call centre was closed
Pros
Secure location
Cons
Out of the USA
like the people and the work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 June 2017
shifts stink and making a person or trying to make a person work every weekend just makes them want to leave....hello
they never seem to learn--it's sad because even people that like their job still want a life outside of it.
And oddly enough they figured out how to rotate shifts for Management but not for the ones doing most of the work....
Now the Company Convergys is not fun- everything is - if you do this we will terminate you or it will lead to termination ....it gets old being threatened constantly
--was a lot more fun to work there when it was Stream.
Pros
not much
Cons
no sense
They do try to make it fun
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 June 2017
It is a good training ground for other companies. They do try to accommodate all within the business confines of a 24/7 call center.

I would recommend this company for new to the workforce or nearing retirement and want a inside environment to work
Pros
Clean positive environment
Cons
any of the cons associated with the call center industry
Did not enjoy
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 June 2017
The trainers were great to work with, but felt they didn't prepare you for how the calls would be before going onto the floor.. Very stressful environment once taking calls.
Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 June 2017
Very demanding job and yet rewarding. Many departments to work in. Very large call centre. Provide adequate training and break schedule. Can be a hard schedule at times
ok job if you absoulutly need one
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2017
no job security, unaprochable management, HR is good. not enough money for the things you have to put up with, decent benefits. on a point system so if you do get sick you can loose your job due to absence..
Productive, great support, okay management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON12 June 2017
Convergys is a solid workplace with ever changing sales benefits,though they have moved away from a customer service objective to a sales objective and that just doesn't agree to what I had originally signed up for.

The people are fantastic to work with and its a very social environment, the support is equally friendly and very helpful, some of the managers are hit or miss with effectiveness but its made up for with the support.

I'm leaving because the commute to Convergys is about 30 minutes, and I'm not making enough money to drop 40 dollars a week on gas.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Commute
fast paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS8 June 2017
I enjoyed my job as I got to help people with benefits and claim issues. I dealt with medical professionals on a daily basis and would work with them as long as it took to make sure their problems were addressed and they were satisfied with the information they received
Pros
I enjoyed the problem solving aspect of the job
Cons
we had to keep call times down and i found interfered with quality
I enjoyed working for this company
Operations Project Manager, Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 June 2017
Great company to work for. If you want to advance in your career, this is the place to work. People are great and it is a good working environment. Good work balance
Pros
good work balance
Don't even bother - this place will ruin your health.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 June 2017
I started working at Convergys in Welland last year. I was told sales was a component of the job but there were no quotas or pressure. Once you're through training and on the floor, you quickly learn that sales is the only thing that matters to this company. Many, many reps were physically ill due to being hounded by the coaches and some operations managers. This place is a pressure cooker that affected my health and the health of many others. I would not recommend Convergys as a place to work. Just about any other call center would be better. The coaches were nice, but they were pressured by the ops managers to pressure reps for sales. The only good thing was, you could get every other weekend off. The people you worked with were also excellent.
Pros
every other weekend off, you could make extra money for performance and sales, The customers weren't too bad all in all.
Cons
everything about the place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.