Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

n/a
Team Lead, ECM, Associate Trainer, Assigner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 28, 2016
Learned many skills such as troubleshooting and questioning. Responsible for customer service, staff coaching and enhancement as well as new hire training.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 24, 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 23, 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 16, 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal
full time job
agent (Former Employee) –  wellandAugust 16, 2016
answer calls from customers and offer to sell them products/services that will benefit them.

start on afternoon shift but can move to days as soon as 6 months.

pay is pretty good if you can sell
Pros
full time hours, bonuses for sales
Summery of evaluation
Technical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 14, 2016
There is no room for improvement, all the employees are complaining. It is a good place to work if you want to work there temporary.
Friendly and Supportive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 10, 2016
Growth opportunity and incentives are provided within the organization. Employee recognition and performance is identified and considered by your supervisors.
Great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 8, 2016
Great people friendly stuff, friendly enviornment, can not say anything negative about the company, long hours tho rate of pay is good
Push sales way to hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 3, 2016
Convergys no longer cares about their customers and only cares about meeting the sales goals. The management does nothing but make sure your'e attempting to sell tv service when youre supposed to be assisting with cellphone accounts.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
push sales to hard
It's a job
Customer Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2016
Poor work environment. Policy disallowed for any advancement internally. Poor hours. Poor HR assistance, Poor management training. I found this to be a very eye opening experience as in what to avoid.
Pros
Popsicle day
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  EgyptJuly 16, 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 8, 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
Call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 6, 2016
Working for convergys i was able to get along with everyone i worked with. This company however takes advantage of there employees and can be rather difficult to work for as you are not respected as an individual unless you make something of yourself there. Over all my experience was great as i proved myself to be an over achiever and was aloud the opportunity to work within the back ffice
strong community
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 2, 2016
I had a lot to recover during my time at Covergys. I was recovering from an abusive relationship as well as a medical condition and grieving the loss of a family member in addition to adjusting to being back in Canada after three years living in a foreign country. I was overwhelmed easily by the kindness of others. The strong community made healing and recovery possible to move forward to accomplish my dreams and move forward with other goals and achievements.
Pros
strong community
Cons
micromanaging staff
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Phone Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 17, 2016
I love working here but it dose not suit me well i love being on my feet and on the go sitting all day on the phone, i not suited for me
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule