Convergys Employee Reviews

Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
company was good so long as everything went the way the company wanted it to
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville ontario10 February 2017
Convergys is a company I had the opportunity to work for twice and found that the second time would be the last time I work for this company due to the unprofessional nature of dealing with its reps. Promises made and then broken under the guise of business needs.
Pros
good location and benefits
Cons
company does not care for its workers as there is always more out there
Really fast paced and disconnected.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 January 2017
Although I had a good experience here and I was able to advance through the ranks, I was not thrilled on how they treated the CSR staff. The pay was good at the time and when I became management, I disagreed with some of the staffing policies.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Cons
Cramped, not very clean, no natural light.
Poductive workplace and i learnt a great deal.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
I learned problem solving skills, expanded my skills on customer service.
The hardest part of the job was irate customers but the most enjoyable was being able to solve customer's issues and make their experience a happy one.
The workplace atmosphere was laid back and allowed for getting to know colleagues.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift rotations.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2017
Overall it would be a good start for a first time jpob decent pay structure with benefits. As an experience individual it really depends on what contract you work on. My first Contract was with X company and loved it. They signed a contract with X companies competitor and I started to hate going to work.
Awsome job Loved it
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS21 February 2017
I loved my job with Sprint, we had so much fun, BBQs every Friday a birthday party every month for every one who had a birthday, great pay, clean environment awesome benefits awesome staff..al around great place to work.
Pros
Every thing
Cons
Distance from work to home and they closed the doors for good
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 June 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Daily
TEAM MANAGER 2009 - PRESENT (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 February 2017
Typical work day

- review and reconcile time cards for 20 agents
- review and reconcile any attendance / performance issues
- Quality coaching
- score card / metric meetings
- daily meetings with agents
- assist other managers as required
- 1 week of customer calls as required
Pros
salary
benefits
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
Average
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2016
Just an average customer service job. Customers call and you fix their problems. Almost zero job advancement but good pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
management and advancement
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
High Pace and Energetic work place
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Cortes28 January 2017
I love my work at Convergys, Is a high pace work environment, the best thing is that it's a business that is always changing so you need to keep adapting.
Pros
Subsidy
Cons
Salary
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
Cons
Fast paced environment, with recognition on daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 November 2016
Great place to move up from the starting positions, great career advancement, fast paced ever changing environment, managers always have the "open door" policy. Co-workers are always eager to help one another with best practices and feedback. Great abilities for improving linguistic skills as well as hearing what the issues are rather than guessing. Working within a factory for many years and coming to a call center I have learned communication skills 10 fold as well as multitasking and how to overcome bias and ignorance when speaking on a phone with clients and actually hearing their concerns and sometimes dissecting their language and words to get to root of the issue. hardest part of the job is being confronted by a disgruntled customer and maintain a calm empathetic approach to resolve the issue. Because of this type of call I was able to have a better understanding of using tone and choice words rather than be confrontational, and this actually works very well. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is just following procedures and stopping social engineers from attaining proprietary information. sometimes though it is not always that easy, I will be honest with you. There are times where the pressure can be a bit overwhelming on the job, and my best advice is to remember "one call at a time", Use your support system and try and remain calm when you feel like you are in the hot seat, because this will happen to you.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits, Bonuses, Recognition, Reward based scheduling.
Cons
Ergonomics for some, Pressure on performance.
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
Answered calls in a timely manner regarding many issues. Promoted sales and created revenue for the company. I learned a lot about prescription drugs and handling customer inquiries. Management wasn't too bad although there is some room for improvement with the team leads actually being able to assist staff with issues. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to deal with things that weren't apart of the job scope. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and my coworkers.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership from management
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning