Convergys Employee Reviews

Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
I guarantee once you start working here, you will want to stay. The people in this company are what make this place great. Benefits are great and provided for me and my family, you never have to worry about not getting paid on time, policies are fair and easy to understand. Thorough training and Management is great, and pay is decent. I would recommend working here even as a first job as everyone is patient and friendly, and managers work with you to assist on days off and make accommodations when possible to help with life responsibilities. There's also advancement opportunities coming up all the time within the company. I've been employed almost 6 years now, and can honestly say I love my job!
Pros
People, flexibility with shifts, benefits, management, career development
Cons
Pay could be better, that's about it
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 June 2017
Good company to work for. Great tools to work with. Worked for AT&T wireless phone services when the iPhone and Smart Phones first came out. Had the opportunity to go the the USA for one month to give verbal input for the opening of a new call centre. Bad news, with the rise in the Canadian dollar to the American, they pulled out of Canada and our call centre was closed
Pros
Secure location
Cons
Out of the USA
like the people and the work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 June 2017
shifts stink and making a person or trying to make a person work every weekend just makes them want to leave....hello
they never seem to learn--it's sad because even people that like their job still want a life outside of it.
And oddly enough they figured out how to rotate shifts for Management but not for the ones doing most of the work....
Now the Company Convergys is not fun- everything is - if you do this we will terminate you or it will lead to termination ....it gets old being threatened constantly
--was a lot more fun to work there when it was Stream.
Pros
not much
Cons
no sense
They do try to make it fun
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 June 2017
It is a good training ground for other companies. They do try to accommodate all within the business confines of a 24/7 call center.

I would recommend this company for new to the workforce or nearing retirement and want a inside environment to work
Pros
Clean positive environment
Cons
any of the cons associated with the call center industry
Did not enjoy
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 June 2017
The trainers were great to work with, but felt they didn't prepare you for how the calls would be before going onto the floor.. Very stressful environment once taking calls.
Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 June 2017
Very demanding job and yet rewarding. Many departments to work in. Very large call centre. Provide adequate training and break schedule. Can be a hard schedule at times
ok job if you absoulutly need one
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2017
no job security, unaprochable management, HR is good. not enough money for the things you have to put up with, decent benefits. on a point system so if you do get sick you can loose your job due to absence..
Productive, great support, okay management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON12 June 2017
Convergys is a solid workplace with ever changing sales benefits,though they have moved away from a customer service objective to a sales objective and that just doesn't agree to what I had originally signed up for.

The people are fantastic to work with and its a very social environment, the support is equally friendly and very helpful, some of the managers are hit or miss with effectiveness but its made up for with the support.

I'm leaving because the commute to Convergys is about 30 minutes, and I'm not making enough money to drop 40 dollars a week on gas.
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
Commute
fast paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS8 June 2017
I enjoyed my job as I got to help people with benefits and claim issues. I dealt with medical professionals on a daily basis and would work with them as long as it took to make sure their problems were addressed and they were satisfied with the information they received
Pros
I enjoyed the problem solving aspect of the job
Cons
we had to keep call times down and i found interfered with quality
I enjoyed working for this company
Operations Project Manager, Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 June 2017
Great company to work for. If you want to advance in your career, this is the place to work. People are great and it is a good working environment. Good work balance
Pros
good work balance
Don't even bother - this place will ruin your health.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 June 2017
I started working at Convergys in Welland last year. I was told sales was a component of the job but there were no quotas or pressure. Once you're through training and on the floor, you quickly learn that sales is the only thing that matters to this company. Many, many reps were physically ill due to being hounded by the coaches and some operations managers. This place is a pressure cooker that affected my health and the health of many others. I would not recommend Convergys as a place to work. Just about any other call center would be better. The coaches were nice, but they were pressured by the ops managers to pressure reps for sales. The only good thing was, you could get every other weekend off. The people you worked with were also excellent.
Pros
every other weekend off, you could make extra money for performance and sales, The customers weren't too bad all in all.
Cons
everything about the place
An exciting place to work. Nice environment with friendly people around you ready to offer assistance
Inbound Customers Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 June 2017
Exciting place to work but you most be dedicated to customer service. Must be ready to answer long calls and ensure customers are satisfied. Must be knowledgeable with software used at the call center and also ready to offer sales of products
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
calls could be frustrating with some difficult customers
Up-beat work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 June 2017
Love everyone in management! They are what make this place a easy going and fun environment. Very hands on and helpful environment no matter what the issue at hand is.
Full time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 June 2017
We were a call center that had contracts with American companies to provide customer service for phone carriers. We handled both landlines and mobile phones.
Not for me
Customer Care & Retention Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 May 2017
Typical call centre work. Training is thorough, however, once you're on the floor don't expect any help. Team leaders generally avoid having to get involved with complicated calls. Job can be really stressful due to the policies and procedures created by the client and company. Wouldn't go back and work here even if they offered to double my salary. You get treated worse than a child in grade school, having to put your hand up to request if you can use the washroom. High stress, low pay, if that's your bag, go for it, they'll love you. Wear a diaper.
Pros
Cons
Angry customers, stressful job, unhelpful management.
Full time hours and benefits
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2017
Training is good at Convergys, the benefits are a key feature of being employed here. They also provide full time hours and mandatory overtime quite often.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Mandatory overtime, shift bids
Productive place to work with the opportunity to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 May 2017
When I began my career at Convergys I was a customer care representative. I was able to advance to a fraud agent then a trainer and prior to the center closing I was an escalation supervisor and finally a team lead.
working and learing new stuff daily
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 May 2017
starting at 5 am, setting up the computer programs and logins.
receive call about billing for medication and information to access.
Or receiving call about internet and cable billing, calls could be nasty but with training provided was able to satisfy customers in 2 minutes.
Management was always available and provided you support on the issues you couldn't handle. the hardest part was learning not to take what the consumers said personally, the most enjoyable was being praised and thanked by the customer. And then being recognized by your management.
Pros
bbq dinners
decent work
Pharmacy educator (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS20 May 2017
I worked on the humana contract. It was fun to talk to the Americans and help them save money. The management could improved on communication skills. My TL was never around when you needed help. It was a lot of self learning on the job.
Textbook Example How Not to Treat Employees
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 May 2017
-liked the work I was doing, liked helping customers resolve technical issues
-spent all day at a desk in front of a computer, with a headset on
-frequent forced overtime and/or half lunch breaks
-six years no pay increases (as Stream; corrected to a degree a couple years before bought by Convergys)
-management (at corporate level certainly, as well as some middle management) has no trust in or respect for employees; for example, rather than permit (sometimes contractually-obligated) access to pen and paper or to printers in cases such as tools outage or for information-sharing on tough issues, employees were denied access to same on the grounds that we were likely to use them to steal from the company; policies became more restrictive as time passed
Pros
indoor work, moderately climate controlled, no lifting
Cons
company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.