Convergys Employee Reviews

Busy, productive work place.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON19 October 2017
A typical day at work would be busy answering concerns of customers as they call in dealing with billing, technical concerns, and managing the details of their accounts with them. I learned to deal with issues in timely manner. Our management dealt with statistics as they came in, advising us of where we stood within the stats and what was expected on daily basis. I enjoyed the interaction with other employees throughout the day and learnt from interactions they had dealt with in past week while in team meetings.
Pros
friendly people to work with, support from other staff members daily.
Cons
stressful job, went from customer service only to service and sales, having to meet sales stats daily.
Awful
Laptop Support Resolutions Desk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 October 2017
they don't exist in Dartmouth anymore! Hooray.
they were a bad company who didn't care about their employees. I'm glad it no longer exists 150 characters
Your Typical Call Center
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 October 2017
Converges is your typical Call Center, you're coworkers are the best part of the company. But any belief they are in for the customer is all company talk. They are out for profit. If you live outside the US, don't expect to move far in the company, they have an artificial ceiling for international employees unless you are willing to move to the US for minimal pay.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Limited Growth, Low pay.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
I worked as website technical support for FedEx. I assisted individuals and organisations in the use of the website and walked them through the website so that they could place their orders to be shipped. At times it was necessary to elevate the client to a more specialized tier for added support in the completion of meeting their needs
Pros
Fantastic management
Cons
The left the city for a new facility
Love it
Product support specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 October 2017
Convergys is a great place to work. They are very accommodating. The u pay a fair wage with guarantee hours and extended health benefits. Great people
Benefits
Cons
Hours can change
Sales agent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS3 October 2017
Answering calls. You learn about people and you get a good laugh with the customers. Working is not like working with agents it's like family. I love that job and would go back if I lived closer. Hardest part of the job was come customers story's and things they were going through.
Great management, friendly environment
DirecTV Loyalty & Customer Retention (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
The staff is very supportive and team oriented. Training and support continues on the production floor. There are many opportunities for additional commissions and bonuses, including additional pay for maintaining and exceeding performance statistics. This company hires form within, making growing with the company very attainable. Continual training to ensure you're always up to date with necessary skills and information for the job. Fast paced, continual change, amazing employees and team managers. Involved with the community and volunteer efforts, weekly events/spirit days. I loved working here.
a very stressful place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS28 September 2017
It is a place of business for someone who has nerves of steel. Myself I am a people person but the stress of the customer's got to me.

and the hours were not favorable to raising a family.
Pros
salary
Cons
schedule
call center
technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS25 September 2017
This is a call center. The environment is fast paced and changes often, but the coworkers and people around you are always supportive. The workplace can be stressful at times but any job can be.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
i enjoyed my time working there as my co-workers were great the build of the company is great the work is easy and fun and a fair amount of the staff were helpful
benefits

Want to know more about Convergys?

Ask a question
Closed
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 September 2017
Was a great place to work. Sad that we no longer have a call agency in Lethbridge. Would love to work at one again. People were great and work was always entertaining
not fun
Customer care rep (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 September 2017
people always cried due to the way we were treated by management and customers over the phone. It changes you as a person and not in a good way. they do nothing to support you when u cry from youre phone calls with nasty customers.
Pros
they feed u junk food
Cons
they feed u bad food
Do not treat staff well
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON19 September 2017
High pressure environment that cares only for call volume and handling.

Products were sold to customers without clarifying what they were giving up in terms of hand sets and the difference between their contract and what they would lose
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region19 September 2017
Very Poor management. No health card no Free lunch. Very poor teamwork and lack of staff that leads to multi-tasking. Checking in passengers, safety precautions and to make sure all dangerous goods are propely handled by our team until tgey arrive on their destination. Arrival department and pre departures agents.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS18 September 2017
A typical day at work involved me dealing with a various amount of customers and their medications they were taking. I was responsible for inputting the medication they were taking into the system, providing them pricing information and then setting them up for a medication mail delivery service if they were interested. I learned a lot about the United States health care programs and the types of coverage that were offered through medicare.

Management at convergys wasn't bad but wasn't the greatest. The supervisors and managers that were on the floor with you for support didn't know how to work any of the tools associated with the job, as well as most of them had to call someone in a higher position in the US to get information, so if you had a unique situation it became frustrating as your support system didn't know the correct way to handle the situation.

Workplace culture was good, I enjoyed working with my coworkers and we were all very supportive towards each other.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were hard of hearing, had a POA doing their business for them as there are a lot of different things you have to abide by legally.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers and a lot of the time it was more than just medically, I was able to help them financially as well by saving them money on their medications.
Pros
Competitive bonus, flexible shift hours, lots of opportunity for extra hours
Cons
Not enough support through management
Busy work place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region18 September 2017
It was a busy work place with a lot of queuing calls from my experience. I handled HP Support for printer technical problems where I guided the customers to fix the basic issues of HP printers for MAC. It was busy, but nevertheless... easy. The key was to keep in mind the basic problems that customers dealt with to give a faster service for the next customer.
Pros
1 and a half hour break in total, sleeping quarters provided, night differential included
Cons
Toxic due to late night works leading to most people being cranky
place is closed
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis Park, NS15 September 2017
the job was fast paced and very boring, if you didn't meet quota you would get reprimanded in front of others while some people were fired so everyone seemed to be walking on eggshells.
call center
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 September 2017
Full time with great benefits. Company no longer exists in our area.
Overtime was always welcome. reasonable expectations of staff. Commission on new phone service was a plus
Pros
overtime
Cons
irate customers
Business no longer exists in Canada
Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 September 2017
This business no longer exists in Canada so I'm not sure what to write. This was your typical outsourced call center, you would receive calls from various places in the US and have to explain their services support their issues.
Boring
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON31 August 2017
If you enjoy talking on the phone for long periods of time, this is the job for you. For me it was too slow paced and it wasn't exciting nor challenging enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.