Convergys

4.8K reviews

Convergys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good work hours
Cons: not many
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
It was a decent work experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 28, 2015
Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Answered calls and answered questioned for inquiring customers. Customers can inquire about billings or any other things regarding their account. I learned how to deal with customers and quickly find solutions to their problems.
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee), St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits and co-workers
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Customer service role
o Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 25, 2015
Cons: slip seating
A typical day at work I would answer customer calls, explain bills, take bill payments and trouble shoot and get cell phones working for the customer.
was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 22, 2015
Pros: fun and family orientated through the individual teams
Cons: trying to get time off for medical reasons
although we worked by ourselves assisting providers on the phone, we also had team members on either side of us to assist when needed.
Productive with essential monthly gatherings of WAH and in center CSR
Work-At-Home Tech Specialist (Former Employee), St. Johns, NLAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Incentives, WAH, work onsite
Cons: Not as flexible nor understanding with health issues.
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. My tenure in the center was fantastic with positive energy and incentives. The WAH agents were still able to avail of incentives and could chat in rooms while working.
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: decent benefit package
Cons: no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 7, 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
close location, lots of jobs available
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland OnAugust 6, 2015
Pros: independant work
Cons: highly critial mamagment and unreolistic expectations
Although there is awalys employment available and possible moving up within the company, it has a high burn out rate due to the intense pressure and unreolistic expectations fro management. the call volumes were intense and caused many good people to go to other companies
Median
HR Client Services - Payroll and Pension Advisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great
Cons: Poor pay
The Human Resource part of Convergys was bought out by NGA in 2009. I have been with both companies a total of 7 years and recently resigned. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the change in policies such as raises etc took away the morale within the company. I hope that changes at some point so people will stay longer and be more content.
Great enviroment and excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), San SalvadorJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free food and incentives every week
Cons: Lack of coaching
I started my day always with a reminder of my goals and different ways to achieve them. The manager is always wiling to teach you the process and also the different resposabilities you have so you can built your career. We work as a team with our co-workers and we enjoyed being at the place since everything is always clean and neat.
Excellent job, Excellent co-workers
Customer service representative. (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 17, 2015
Cons: Company left canada.
Was a great place to work, Full time hours and benefits. Too bad they decided to pull out of Canada and hire labour from a 3rd world country.
floor support
Floor Supervisory and Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJune 1, 2015
Pros: did not have to take calls
Cons: underpaid for services
I was floor support to over 50 agents at any given time. I was required to know all services and procedures for each scenario. Able to override manager functions and to apply credits or discounts on customer accounts.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: fun activities, encouraging management
Cons: spirit crushing customers
If customer service is what you are into, than this is a good job. Extensive paid training, great managers. Customers can be hard to handle be that is ok. this is an inbound phone customer service job. min wage start but can move up, and decent benefits.
Over-worked, under paid in relation to responsibility and grief accompanied with the position.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), London, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers
Cons: Over-worked, Under-paid, extremely high expectations for scheduled compliance.
With Convergys, they do not value their employees. Their time compliance is extremely strict, and are quick to chastise individuals how are even 1 minute past their scheduled break time. Stay away.
Productive and fun workplace with social interactions on site for employees to boost moral
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Insurance, Flexibility, constant training and great co-workers.
Cons: Upper management would divulge personal/private information regarding agents, which was the major flaw and downfall of trust and the company.
Converygs was a great place to work both on site and work at home. Very detailed/dedicated to the clientele. The position was taking inbound calls from a communications company in the USA and dealt with bill payments/arrangements, assisting customers with the website, repairing/troubleshooting system issues for computer/cable/phone/security systems. The job was very enjoyable and the company moral was fantastic. There were great incentives to promote sales, and the hours were very flexible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMay 5, 2015
• Assisted customers over the phone regarding store operations, products, promotions and orders.
• Developed an effective approach to ensure customer’s needs were met on a consistent basis.
• Identified problems and rapidly resolved client conflicts to prevent loss of key accounts.
A great company, while it lasted in Winnipeg.
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of support from Team Leaders and higher tier level assistance.
Cons: They did not stay in Winnipeg.
This outsourcing company was responsible for several different accounts with companies for customer support. It had a great training program, and allowed flexibility of work schedule, as well as different assignments and advancement within the company.

Unfortunately, they closed their doors on Winnipeg in 2009, due to the rising value of the Canadian dollar.

I was lucky to b able to experience the culture of Convergys, and the philosophy of digitally managed incoming calls, with training upgrades to handle new procedures and policies.
Are you a masochist?
Tech Support (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free Christmas supper
Cons: Work/life balance, morale, empathy
You need to be slightly masochistic to work here.

The micromanagement, increasingly harder goals to reach, constantly changing regulations, low morale, and harsh HR policies make it difficult to actually like the job. The job itself isn't that bad.

You need to do your job with cookie cutter accuracy while being encouraged to be creative.

You need to work as a team member while trying to beat – more... them in a stack rank.

You will be graded on your calls and expected to view it all as constructive criticism.

You will be expected to be VERY empathetic toward the customer while being shown very little from management.

You will be timed on everything, right down to how many seconds you take to use the bathroom.

You will be given 10 days per year only to take care of your own illness and those of your family; nearly impossible with children.

I learned quite a bit about some technical aspects of peripherals. Most of that training happened outside the training room and on actual calls; no mock calls were given to try and ease that transition.

The benefits provided were meager and didn't cover half my medications. – less
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 19, 2015
Pros: Health/Dental Benefits
Cons: Long Days
Nice relaxed environment. Good colleagues. Providing customer's with good customer service is joyful. Enjoy this job.
Industry