Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: I cant think of any
Cons: Everything
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Good coworkers, liked the customers
Cons: Management
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 17, 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
Convergys is a great place to work!!!
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 7, 2016
I love working at Convergys, the teams are fun and management are very understanding and great to work with. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job here. But the best part of the job is the customers and the enjoyment I get when I can wow that customer with over the top customer service skills. My co-workers are fantastic and I always enjoy coming to work and seeing their faces.
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was answering phone calls from clients and Health Care Professionals about their Health insurance. Always learning new product. Went from being a CSA to a Supervisor and it was a great experience working there,great people to work with. My co-workers were awesome,just like family. The hardest part of the job was when the clients would call upset about a bill they received and thinking they didn't need to pay when indeed they did and very upsetting when they would call with their life and told us all about it(when they had something very sad about their life) The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out with their questions and concerns.
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
Pros: you get paid when the systems works
Cons: management
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Cons: HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
NOt my Thing
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
Taking calls, and assisting customers, with issues they have. Trying to do so in a timely manner. Co-workers were nice and were the best part of the whole job. Problem is they change rules and how things go constantly. For instance your taught one thing this week, and its completely useless or changed the next. Also sitting all day and answering phones is not my cup of tea. I prefer movement and face to face interaction.
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee), Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
Pros: loved working with great people
Cons: loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 6, 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Finally got benefits
Cons: Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
Only reason this job is good is the other employees
Sales & Customer Service (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 10, 2016
This job pays just above minimum wage for its employees to do a very stressful customer service & sales job, where if these employees were to work directly for the clients in the contract, they would be paid a much better wage to do the exact same type of work
LOVE this company.
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, the "family" atmosphere, and employee recognition programs.
Cons: long hours, rude clients, hours of work.
sometimes I wish I never left the company to move across Canada I had it sooo good at Convergys. I was getting benefits, extremely good pay and I loved the group of people i worked with my team was awesome...plus, you cant beat the fun and laid back atmosphere of work, I felt like I was at home.
Customer Focused
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONDecember 1, 2015
My shifts were in eight-hour increments, as a CSR I would receive incoming calls and address the customers issues or needs accordingly. I was given two fifteen-minute breaks and one half hour lunch. I worked six months with a core schedule and than we’d have to chose to stay on the same schedule or change it for the next six months.
Busy busy busy
North America Region/Quality Manager/Administrator (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: travel
Cons: Lot of hours
A great place to work, learned a lot and loved working with employees of all level. Many opportunities with projects and travel. Long hours and commitment. Company closed due to the rise in the Canadian dollar.
Great job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a fantastic job but it is not what I was looking for, this is a job for some who enjoys to sit at a desk all day. I enjoy to move around at work and be involved in the community settings. I do enjoy it there but I hope to find something more community involved
Wireless Care Specialist
Wireless Care Specialist (Former Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: lots of co-workers
Cons: many irate customers
Assist and educate Customer Service Professionals.
Set up payments and working for account standings.
Working through difficult issues for resolution
Support for new employees with on the job training
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.
Work place is great
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great work place for people who enjoy to sit in a office all day, this job involves help customers with billing issues, billing changes, and welcoming new costumers. all the workers and management are fantastic and helpful.
Industry