Convergys Employee Reviews

this place will slowly drain you..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 February 2017
Turn over rate there was something i have never experienced befor. New faces every day i would see once or twice and then never again. People would be terminated quite often and you never felt your job was secure. Had me and coworkers on pins and needles constantly. Job attrition was extremely high for management. I think i seen 1, maby 2 people get true promotions to management while i was there (5 years). Many are gone. If you can get on a day shift great. If not, the hours are hard to deal with. You cant have cell phones at your desk, or smart watches, paper, pens, magazines, wallet or purse, food, ect. You must be able to deal with sales there and deal with --extreme pressure to sell-- by your managers. Not to mention take the feedback from angry customers who do not appreciate the sales pitch, let alone their original reason for calling in!!! Jobs good for quick cash i suppose. Dont expect anything good long term in regards to pay or job satisfaction. Seen multiple grown adults break down at that place. Paid training there was great and lots of fun. Full time hours was good. Many other internal company jobs were moved overseas such as payroll, scheduling, ect, which i'm not a fan of. My recommendation; take this job if you really need it and if you can handle it. do not get your hopes up or expect anything good. Look for a better job while you work there, don't waste your time.
Pros
paid training. full time work.
Cons
sales.stress.minimum wage.job security.micro management.politics.favouritism
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
Answered calls in a timely manner regarding many issues. Promoted sales and created revenue for the company. I learned a lot about prescription drugs and handling customer inquiries. Management wasn't too bad although there is some room for improvement with the team leads actually being able to assist staff with issues. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to deal with things that weren't apart of the job scope. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and my coworkers.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership from management
company was good so long as everything went the way the company wanted it to
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville ontario10 February 2017
Convergys is a company I had the opportunity to work for twice and found that the second time would be the last time I work for this company due to the unprofessional nature of dealing with its reps. Promises made and then broken under the guise of business needs.
Pros
good location and benefits
Cons
company does not care for its workers as there is always more out there
Acceptable full time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 February 2017
If you're able to cope with the "creative" scheduling, the pay is excellent and the customer base is quite easy to handle.

Plenty of bonuses and free giveaways, as well as additional earning opportunities and almost constant overtime availability.
Convergys
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON8 February 2017
unless you can the handle daily stress of being yelled at by customers, and have the ability to offer products they do not need or want, to every customer that calls in, plus having to solve the issue they are calling about (which is the best part for me), and doing all this without losing your mind, I would not suggest this to anyone other than my enemies
Poductive workplace and i learnt a great deal.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
I learned problem solving skills, expanded my skills on customer service.
The hardest part of the job was irate customers but the most enjoyable was being able to solve customer's issues and make their experience a happy one.
The workplace atmosphere was laid back and allowed for getting to know colleagues.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift rotations.
Excelant training programs.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer AB7 February 2017
I really learned a lot at this job, like how to listen to the customer, how to think outside the box to satisfy the customers needs and yet still stay with in company policy. We were trained to stay on top of product knowledge, and I found it helpful in all my jobs going forward. I enjoy helping customers, and meeting all their needs.
Daily
TEAM MANAGER 2009 - PRESENT (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 February 2017
Typical work day

- review and reconcile time cards for 20 agents
- review and reconcile any attendance / performance issues
- Quality coaching
- score card / metric meetings
- daily meetings with agents
- assist other managers as required
- 1 week of customer calls as required
Pros
salary
benefits
Wow
Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON29 January 2017
Wow, when I read this job posting it disgusted me how they are putting down real people who work for fast food companies smelling like fries or having to wear a uniform! You say you can go out after work without having to get changed! What type of people are you attracting? No wonder there is a high turn over rate in that center!
High Pace and Energetic work place
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Sula, Cortes28 January 2017
I love my work at Convergys, Is a high pace work environment, the best thing is that it's a business that is always changing so you need to keep adapting.
Pros
Subsidy
Cons
Salary
It can be a fast paced environment, as long as you use your tools you can effectively do the job. You must follow direct order with no personalization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON25 January 2017
A good place to work for...You get to interact with alot of great customers that call in - and the staff and management are mostly great to work with.
Pros
Team Meetins
Cons
Scheduling, not getting 2 days off in row, errors on pay, management not all professional, low morale
Really fast paced and disconnected.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 January 2017
Although I had a good experience here and I was able to advance through the ranks, I was not thrilled on how they treated the CSR staff. The pay was good at the time and when I became management, I disagreed with some of the staffing policies.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Cons
Cramped, not very clean, no natural light.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2017
Overall it would be a good start for a first time jpob decent pay structure with benefits. As an experience individual it really depends on what contract you work on. My first Contract was with X company and loved it. They signed a contract with X companies competitor and I started to hate going to work.
It's a job.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 January 2017
Professional environment. Inbound call center, contracting out to multiple tech related telecommunications companies.
Cubicle lifestyles. Jobs range from contract to contract.
Hours can be long dependent on contract.
Bosses
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 January 2017
The bosses are amazing and are willing to help you out when ever they can as long as you are willing to work and do the job you signed on to do .
Game room
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba22 January 2017
I felt selling over a chat program fairly advanced for a company. It was quite challenging to do two three plays phone, internet and cable at one time!
Pros
Game room if a break was needed, ordered pizza a few times
Cons
Overload when busy
Sales Job not Customer services
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON22 January 2017
Friendly and supportive - however employment was for customer service but now has been converted to sales - Would only recommend if you are interested in Sales
dealing with different types of problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 January 2017
working here i did love it the different types of problem each day were fun to me miss the friendly co workers and some of the customers. miss the way the tm (team managers) helped you out when you needed them for tough call or a simple yet common question. surely do miss it. but had to leave for medical reasons
Pros
dealing with different types of problem
Cons
dealing with rude customers. job not meant for everyone
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
This job was awesome ! Constantly dealing with a vast diverse customer base working on the phone dealing with a variety of issues from billing to technical support . Often challenging to rewarding .Empathy and understanding and sometimes de-escalating callers ,promting and up selling to meet the customers needs
Pros
teams friendship and training
Cons
they closed the center down