Convergys Employee Reviews

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 22, 2016
We need to be able to have more time off. I am ready to leave due to the stress level of the job. Managers do not work with the employees with regards to time off.
Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 19, 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
Great Management
Senior Supervisor "Snowbird" Tech Support Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 19, 2016
Management is fantastic, the try to take care of their employees as best as they can. They run "fun" events often to improve overall moral.
If you are good with communication skills and like dealing with the public id say yes its for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 13, 2016
I liked it at first but this go into 24 bull c%@# is what drives people over the edge. If that stopped then I would think more people would stay there..for every hour you work you have 1 minute bathroom time.I would love to go back but things would have to change
Pros
Good medical.they try to work with your schedule
Cons
Go into 24 for a review a few times a week
fastpaced, good incentives for performance
Customer service for major communications company (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 9, 2016
fastpaced, good incentives for performance, equal opportunity employer , Great contribution to the community. Good entry level positions for students or for retirees returning to the work force
It's a call center
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 29, 2016
I worked at convergys for approx 3 years. In that time I worked in two different departments. I found the job to be very mentally draining and frustrating as management demands and customer demands often conflict. Would not work with again.
n/a
Team Lead, ECM, Associate Trainer, Assigner (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 28, 2016
Learned many skills such as troubleshooting and questioning. Responsible for customer service, staff coaching and enhancement as well as new hire training.
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 26, 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 24, 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
Its a job if you are looking for hours
customer service agent for Rogers (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 23, 2016
Job is easy to do
If you are customer service driven then this is the place for you depending on the contract you can make a prety good commission depending on what you get hired for
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 16, 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal
full time job
agent (Former Employee) –  wellandAugust 16, 2016
answer calls from customers and offer to sell them products/services that will benefit them.

start on afternoon shift but can move to days as soon as 6 months.

pay is pretty good if you can sell
Pros
full time hours, bonuses for sales
Summery of evaluation
Technical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 14, 2016
There is no room for improvement, all the employees are complaining. It is a good place to work if you want to work there temporary.
Friendly and Supportive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 10, 2016
Growth opportunity and incentives are provided within the organization. Employee recognition and performance is identified and considered by your supervisors.
Great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 8, 2016
Great people friendly stuff, friendly enviornment, can not say anything negative about the company, long hours tho rate of pay is good
Push sales way to hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONAugust 3, 2016
Convergys no longer cares about their customers and only cares about meeting the sales goals. The management does nothing but make sure your'e attempting to sell tv service when youre supposed to be assisting with cellphone accounts.
Pros
lots of overtime available
Cons
push sales to hard
It's a job
Customer Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 25, 2016
Poor work environment. Policy disallowed for any advancement internally. Poor hours. Poor HR assistance, Poor management training. I found this to be a very eye opening experience as in what to avoid.
Pros
Popsicle day
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  EgyptJuly 16, 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family