Convergys Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Customer support associate/Appeals agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the politics of management was not always appropriate. My assessments usually gave me the rating of "key contributor" which was the highest rating and you received a bonus. The team leads were not permitted to give that award to me more then three times even though they did not have any fault with my work. I was told they had to rate "on a curve".
Call center employment is a very stressful job but I was dealing with Appeals which I found very interesting.
Pros
achievement awards
Cons
agressive management
Once you get familiar it's easy work
Technical support associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2017
The training is not particularly good but after a month or two on the floor you will generally have the hang of it and it becomes an easy and often stressful job. Management is pulled from agents, often a little too quickly and they often don't have enough training either. Security can be a problem with contract loss but they do go out of their way to keep employees and move them to other contracts if possible. A good boon is you never get called in, shifts are constant and steady and when you go home work stays at work.
Pros
Easy after a while, Great feedback and on the floor help
Cons
Poor training makes a horrible first month on calls, sometimes poor management
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
Answered calls in a timely manner regarding many issues. Promoted sales and created revenue for the company. I learned a lot about prescription drugs and handling customer inquiries. Management wasn't too bad although there is some room for improvement with the team leads actually being able to assist staff with issues. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to deal with things that weren't apart of the job scope. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and my coworkers.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership from management
company was good so long as everything went the way the company wanted it to
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville ontario10 February 2017
Convergys is a company I had the opportunity to work for twice and found that the second time would be the last time I work for this company due to the unprofessional nature of dealing with its reps. Promises made and then broken under the guise of business needs.
Pros
good location and benefits
Cons
company does not care for its workers as there is always more out there
Busy environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 February 2017
busy, fast paced environment with many opportunities for hard workers. job requires you to deal with many different personalities of people and how to deescalate customers. Team Leaders are very approachable and willing to help anyone succeed in the industry. there are several different break rooms, lounges, and a cafeteria available to every employee. hardest part of the job is hours are not very family oriented. best part of the job is all the benefits that are available to every employee.
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
Not family oriented
Great Opportunity
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON21 February 2017
The work environment within Convergys is both fast-paced and rewarding. There are many great stories within the company of improvement and advancement. There seems to be a very high push towards the sales aspect of the job but it is not to be a deciding factor as there are teams of dedicated individuals who help you succeed within the company.
Cons
Not much availability to schedule Customisation
dealing with different types of problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 January 2017
working here i did love it the different types of problem each day were fun to me miss the friendly co workers and some of the customers. miss the way the tm (team managers) helped you out when you needed them for tough call or a simple yet common question. surely do miss it. but had to leave for medical reasons
Pros
dealing with different types of problem
Cons
dealing with rude customers. job not meant for everyone
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
It can be a fast paced environment, as long as you use your tools you can effectively do the job. You must follow direct order with no personalization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON25 January 2017
A good place to work for...You get to interact with alot of great customers that call in - and the staff and management are mostly great to work with.
Pros
Team Meetins
Cons
Scheduling, not getting 2 days off in row, errors on pay, management not all professional, low morale
Poductive workplace and i learnt a great deal.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2017
I learned problem solving skills, expanded my skills on customer service.
The hardest part of the job was irate customers but the most enjoyable was being able to solve customer's issues and make their experience a happy one.
The workplace atmosphere was laid back and allowed for getting to know colleagues.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift rotations.
Sales Driven...pressured to sell above all else.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2017
Fun workplace with great people and management. However sales is their main focus, above customer satisfaction and pitching the sale is a must. Breaks are timed and very short. I myself was not comfortable with this and moved on quite quickly. You may not have the same experience. Hope this helps.
Pros
3 weeks paid training, selling incentives
Cons
Pressure driven sales, short breaks, lack of support staff
customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
This job was awesome ! Constantly dealing with a vast diverse customer base working on the phone dealing with a variety of issues from billing to technical support . Often challenging to rewarding .Empathy and understanding and sometimes de-escalating callers ,promting and up selling to meet the customers needs
Pros
teams friendship and training
Cons
they closed the center down
Good job, productive workplace
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 March 2017
The job was great for hours and income, benefits and stability. The staff was friendly and helpful and the management were respectful, helpful and friendly. I ended up leaving because I decided to take course at nscc to get into a possible higher paying job and better education and opportunity.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly co workers
Convergys
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON8 February 2017
unless you can the handle daily stress of being yelled at by customers, and have the ability to offer products they do not need or want, to every customer that calls in, plus having to solve the issue they are calling about (which is the best part for me), and doing all this without losing your mind, I would not suggest this to anyone other than my enemies
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
Very heavy on sales.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 March 2017
I worked here for 14 years​ and there were times that it was a good work place. Lately however it has gone down hill. I left because for me it had become a poisoning work environment​. The managers they have in place have been there far too long and are in need of an upgrade. I also left because of the sales aspect but if you like to sell and are good at selling it can be a good job. Wage wise you'll see little to no increase. Your schedule is based on your performance when it comes to shift bidding. If you can sell they'll leave you be but if you don't sell they will hound you until you do. Every conversation with TL and MO are the same...Sell sell sell...Even if you hit your targets, they'll ask for more. Good luck if you join here.
Pros
Free parking. Can be flexible when it comes to school schedules
Cons
Little to no pay increase. Over the top when it comes to selling.
Excelant training programs.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer AB7 February 2017
I really learned a lot at this job, like how to listen to the customer, how to think outside the box to satisfy the customers needs and yet still stay with in company policy. We were trained to stay on top of product knowledge, and I found it helpful in all my jobs going forward. I enjoy helping customers, and meeting all their needs.
Management team is very approachable and they appreciate and recognize their staff.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines5 January 2017
I really appreciate the management team because they are really keeping an eye for those people who really work hard. They value the cultures of their staff by considering our different religions.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Proximity in terms of the office location
Terrible
Tier II Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 March 2017
The worst management to work with. Does not care about their employees. God forbid they have a personal life. You're expected to be there and be working, can't even go to the washroom without management calling you out in front of other employees. It's disgusting how they treat their employees.
Cons
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning