Convergys Employee Reviews

Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
Friendly environment to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 February 2017
Answered calls in a timely manner regarding many issues. Promoted sales and created revenue for the company. I learned a lot about prescription drugs and handling customer inquiries. Management wasn't too bad although there is some room for improvement with the team leads actually being able to assist staff with issues. Workplace culture was very supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to deal with things that weren't apart of the job scope. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and my coworkers.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Lack of leadership from management
Management team is very approachable and they appreciate and recognize their staff.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines5 January 2017
I really appreciate the management team because they are really keeping an eye for those people who really work hard. They value the cultures of their staff by considering our different religions.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Proximity in terms of the office location
Great co-workers
Customer support associate/Appeals agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 March 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the politics of management was not always appropriate. My assessments usually gave me the rating of "key contributor" which was the highest rating and you received a bonus. The team leads were not permitted to give that award to me more then three times even though they did not have any fault with my work. I was told they had to rate "on a curve".
Call center employment is a very stressful job but I was dealing with Appeals which I found very interesting.
Pros
achievement awards
Cons
agressive management
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
Cons
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
this place will slowly drain you..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON16 February 2017
Turn over rate there was something i have never experienced befor. New faces every day i would see once or twice and then never again. People would be terminated quite often and you never felt your job was secure. Had me and coworkers on pins and needles constantly. Job attrition was extremely high for management. I think i seen 1, maby 2 people get true promotions to management while i was there (5 years). Many are gone. If you can get on a day shift great. If not, the hours are hard to deal with. You cant have cell phones at your desk, or smart watches, paper, pens, magazines, wallet or purse, food, ect. You must be able to deal with sales there and deal with --extreme pressure to sell-- by your managers. Not to mention take the feedback from angry customers who do not appreciate the sales pitch, let alone their original reason for calling in!!! Jobs good for quick cash i suppose. Dont expect anything good long term in regards to pay or job satisfaction. Seen multiple grown adults break down at that place. Paid training there was great and lots of fun. Full time hours was good. Many other internal company jobs were moved overseas such as payroll, scheduling, ect, which i'm not a fan of. My recommendation; take this job if you really need it and if you can handle it. do not get your hopes up or expect anything good. Look for a better job while you work there, don't waste your time.
Pros
paid training. full time work.
Cons
sales.stress.minimum wage.job security.micro management.politics.favouritism
Good job, productive workplace
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 March 2017
The job was great for hours and income, benefits and stability. The staff was friendly and helpful and the management were respectful, helpful and friendly. I ended up leaving because I decided to take course at nscc to get into a possible higher paying job and better education and opportunity.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly co workers
Cons
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 June 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Really fast paced and disconnected.
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 January 2017
Although I had a good experience here and I was able to advance through the ranks, I was not thrilled on how they treated the CSR staff. The pay was good at the time and when I became management, I disagreed with some of the staffing policies.
Pros
Benefits and great pay
Cons
Cramped, not very clean, no natural light.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS4 December 2016
Great place to work. I started my Professional Career here and learnt a lot about Help Desk Job. People are friendly and nice at work place. Management is also easy going and co operative most of the time. Longer call volume is the hardest part of the job. Most of the time troubleshooting is the fun part of the job.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Longer call volume
Average
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2016
Just an average customer service job. Customers call and you fix their problems. Almost zero job advancement but good pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
management and advancement
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
Once you get familiar it's easy work
Technical support associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2017
The training is not particularly good but after a month or two on the floor you will generally have the hang of it and it becomes an easy and often stressful job. Management is pulled from agents, often a little too quickly and they often don't have enough training either. Security can be a problem with contract loss but they do go out of their way to keep employees and move them to other contracts if possible. A good boon is you never get called in, shifts are constant and steady and when you go home work stays at work.
Pros
Easy after a while, Great feedback and on the floor help
Cons
Poor training makes a horrible first month on calls, sometimes poor management
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Hardest job to show up to
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 February 2017
This is the kind of job that has to give out bonuses for attendance, because the job it so horrid, that people just don't show up. The pay is abismal, even if you work on one of the higher paying contracts. They wave bonuses in your face that are very difficult to obtain, because they usually have to do with creating good customer experience, but they won't give you enough time to actually follow up with that. As mentioned in the title, this job is extremely hard to show up to, there are days where an entire row of people aren't in, the management is often times not in either. Convergys seems to me to be a place where they make it extremely difficult to obtain the information you need on purpose. The health coverage is nice, but you have to pay upfront, so I am unable to use it, as I am not making enough money to balance bills and debt, while still having enough to go and get my eyes checked.
Pros
Decent health coverage, some deals at local buisnesses
Cons
Management has to follow procedure, so you may lose points on attendance if you have to leave for any reason
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
Busy environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 February 2017
busy, fast paced environment with many opportunities for hard workers. job requires you to deal with many different personalities of people and how to deescalate customers. Team Leaders are very approachable and willing to help anyone succeed in the industry. there are several different break rooms, lounges, and a cafeteria available to every employee. hardest part of the job is hours are not very family oriented. best part of the job is all the benefits that are available to every employee.
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
Not family oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.