Convergys Employee Reviews

Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 June 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
Cons
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 June 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
Average
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 October 2016
Just an average customer service job. Customers call and you fix their problems. Almost zero job advancement but good pay and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
management and advancement
Friendly people and great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 July 2016
I really enjoy working at Convergys. I have been there for 2 1/2 years. The management will bend over backwards to help you succeeded to where you want to be. There is many chances for advancement if you want to move up in the company.
There are lots of friendly coworkers and management. The hardest part of my job is learning new things and getting used to change.
Pros
great staff
Cons
working weekends when you have a family
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
Very diverse atmosphere
Customer Service/Social Media Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 August 2016
It has given me additional skills needed for a career and a great stepping stone for your future. The management and my co-workers are amazing people. The best part of my job is the social media engagement with customers!
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Hourly wage is low for today's tough economy to live comfortably.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS2 October 2016
Working at Convergys can be interesting because you never know who is going to be on the other end of the line when you answer the phone.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours(Depending on whether you take extra hours or not)
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 August 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
A great workplace to gain experience with not only technology but people as well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 October 2016
Convergys is a really great place to gain experience and a very good place to learn people skills, the most difficult part of the job would be adapting to the types of customers you come across, eventually it becomes a day to day scenario, you get used to it. Co-workers are very enjoyable to work with, I have not had an issue working with anyone the 2 years I've been there, Management is really well coordinated and easy to work with.
It's a job
Customer Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2016
Poor work environment. Policy disallowed for any advancement internally. Poor hours. Poor HR assistance, Poor management training. I found this to be a very eye opening experience as in what to avoid.
Pros
Popsicle day
Cons
Fast paced environment, with recognition on daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 November 2016
Great place to move up from the starting positions, great career advancement, fast paced ever changing environment, managers always have the "open door" policy. Co-workers are always eager to help one another with best practices and feedback. Great abilities for improving linguistic skills as well as hearing what the issues are rather than guessing. Working within a factory for many years and coming to a call center I have learned communication skills 10 fold as well as multitasking and how to overcome bias and ignorance when speaking on a phone with clients and actually hearing their concerns and sometimes dissecting their language and words to get to root of the issue. hardest part of the job is being confronted by a disgruntled customer and maintain a calm empathetic approach to resolve the issue. Because of this type of call I was able to have a better understanding of using tone and choice words rather than be confrontational, and this actually works very well. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is just following procedures and stopping social engineers from attaining proprietary information. sometimes though it is not always that easy, I will be honest with you. There are times where the pressure can be a bit overwhelming on the job, and my best advice is to remember "one call at a time", Use your support system and try and remain calm when you feel like you are in the hot seat, because this will happen to you.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits, Bonuses, Recognition, Reward based scheduling.
Cons
Ergonomics for some, Pressure on performance.
Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON31 March 2016
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Pros
I cant think of any
High Turnover
Cloud Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 July 2016
The thing about working in a call centre is that it's mentally exhausting, you never know who is going to be on the other end or how mad they are. As much as they can be dealt with the workplace causes a lot of anxiety. We are also forced into 44 hour weeks during peak seasons which is not good for someone with chronic pain.

A lot has been learned working in the field and there has been a ton of experience with customer service, telecommunications, and multitasking. Co-workers and management were nice, which was a nice change from angry customers.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Shift Bids
great place to work and play (golf)
Operations Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
typical day was preparing and setting up meals for large golf tournaments

great co-workers great atmosphere

hardest part of job was waiting the long hours to serve the golfers when the tournaments took too long sometimes over 6 hours

loved the staff and the perks of free golf
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long hours during the summer months
SENIOR MANAGER, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 November 2016
Opportunities to advance. Great culture and rewards program in place. Leadership was accessible and awesome corporate training available to progress within the organization.