Convergys Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 January 2017
A great starting job, although it is very difficult to move up the career ladder in this company they do have okay benefits and usually booking time off is simple. Have not worked there since they implemented the new policy/systems so strictly speaking from my past experience. although the management there was unorganized and there is slightly unrealistic contract goals, overall it was an alright place to work.
Pros
good benefits, nice environment, good resources
Sales Driven...pressured to sell above all else.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 January 2017
Fun workplace with great people and management. However sales is their main focus, above customer satisfaction and pitching the sale is a must. Breaks are timed and very short. I myself was not comfortable with this and moved on quite quickly. You may not have the same experience. Hope this helps.
Pros
3 weeks paid training, selling incentives
Cons
Pressure driven sales, short breaks, lack of support staff
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2016
This job is the reason why I want to do so well and move up everywhere. The people are one of the main reasons why people want to stay there for as long as they can. Personally, I feel that if you want a career and really want to enjoy coming to work; this is the place to do so. It changes you for the better and probably the main reason why I went back to school, so I could move up in the company. I would recommend anyone to work at this job. If you hate your current job this is the place to go. People think it is a 'bad place to work' it really is not! People complain about the job and the company, but they do not understand the fact about how business's should work.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Part-time benefits, co-workers are family, Located world wide ie. England.
customer service call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2017
This job was awesome ! Constantly dealing with a vast diverse customer base working on the phone dealing with a variety of issues from billing to technical support . Often challenging to rewarding .Empathy and understanding and sometimes de-escalating callers ,promting and up selling to meet the customers needs
Pros
teams friendship and training
Cons
they closed the center down
Hit or miss
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 November 2016
The pay at this company is low for the work you do compared to in-house customer service companies. You are required to manage to multiple different KPI and often times they can be completely at odds with eachother. Management doesn't get much training in management. Sometimes you get people who are great and sometimes you don't and you feel stuck. This company would do well with an on going development plan to help move people up to the next level. Hardest part of the job is letting people go for things that are uncontrollable like internet issues or illness. Most Enjoyable part is when you get to see people exceed and move up towards their goal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
poor pay long hours not much movement
Okay place to work short time
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 November 2016
At Convergys, a typical day at work included signing into your computer about 5 minutes early so you did not get a point for being late. For a while you could only have 8-16 late occurrences a year but they bumped it up to 12-24. I learned that I need management that works with me because we had a weekly meeting where I was told to improve but was not told how I could. I reached out to a supervisor instead of a manager and found some ways to improve. I did find it enjoyable how I was surrounded by great people and the feeling of satisfaction you get from helping people and making their day. It was the best feeling you could have had. All in all, its a great place to work short time, and for some long term, but not for me.
Pros
Great people, Feeling of Satisfaction
Cons
Subpar Management, They will let you go with no warning
A great workplace to gain experience with not only technology but people as well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 October 2016
Convergys is a really great place to gain experience and a very good place to learn people skills, the most difficult part of the job would be adapting to the types of customers you come across, eventually it becomes a day to day scenario, you get used to it. Co-workers are very enjoyable to work with, I have not had an issue working with anyone the 2 years I've been there, Management is really well coordinated and easy to work with.
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS4 December 2016
Great place to work. I started my Professional Career here and learnt a lot about Help Desk Job. People are friendly and nice at work place. Management is also easy going and co operative most of the time. Longer call volume is the hardest part of the job. Most of the time troubleshooting is the fun part of the job.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Longer call volume
One of the worst employers around
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 October 2016
Avoid working for this company at any cost. They make all kinds of promises, but mistreat you and lie to you constantly.

Consider: When I left, they decided that, instead of paying me out my vacation time, they would send out a collections notice demanding that I pay them! Is that the kind of employer you want to work for?

I could list many other things, but I don't want to be positively identified by them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. No Pros.
great place to work and play (golf)
Operations Manager, Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2016
typical day was preparing and setting up meals for large golf tournaments

great co-workers great atmosphere

hardest part of job was waiting the long hours to serve the golfers when the tournaments took too long sometimes over 6 hours

loved the staff and the perks of free golf
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long hours during the summer months
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
healthy environment with good and professional co-team workers in the area
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  IT Park, Lahug, Cebu city24 October 2016
graveyard shifting is quite fun although tiring but I get along just fine. I learned a lot about business handling/management. the management is very comforting and very supportive especially when I was just starting up. I get along with all my co-workers very well. we have team activities twice in a month which makes us more closer to each other. the hardest part of the job is the language barrier when speaking to some clients over the phone and knowing when to know what type of customers I deal everytime and how to handle difficult situiations. what I enjoyed most in this company is when its pay day and when we are given challenges to push harder for our metrics in order to receive bonuses/incentives.
Pros
free lunches and freebies
Cons
Workplace with room for improvement
Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2016
you answer calls coming in all day shifts can be as long as 10 hours

management can get very rude over small things and they do pick favourites

you will see other staff crying often

you are expected to be on phone right when your shift starts regardless of system errors or "system updates" as they call it

you do not have enough time for your lunch because you have to clock out walk to the kitchen cook/eat then get back and be clocked on for your time back in.

the only time i recommend this place is when someone is in a pinch and really needs it

turnover rate is about 85%

they do activities and staff days but i dont think i makes up for the stuff you put up with on the daily
the most uncaring company I ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2016
This company lies. They care nothing about employees. The benefits are expensive. The pay is low and I have not recieved a raise in 8 years. They now will dock your break if you have to go to the bathroom. And they set your breaks about 4 hours apart. So if you have to go to the bathroom within that time you loose part of your break. The job is extremely stressful so breaks are badly needed to regroup. But this company could care less. Always criticizing your work as to them you can never do a good enough job. People please do not work for this company. If you are Canadian and I am they try to make you work according to American labor laws.
. WORST COMPANY EVER. The best thing they can do is pack up and get out of Canada
Pros
non
Cons
they do not care about employees
If you are good with communication skills and like dealing with the public id say yes its for you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 September 2016
I liked it at first but this go into 24 bull c%@# is what drives people over the edge. If that stopped then I would think more people would stay there..for every hour you work you have 1 minute bathroom time.I would love to go back but things would have to change
Pros
Good medical.they try to work with your schedule
Cons
Go into 24 for a review a few times a week
Productive Workplace with great healthy environment
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
• Performed computer operations including Internet and email protocols, connectivity and understanding of Internet Networking, PC and hardware troubleshooting
• Provided information for the installation of office and home networking router configurations
Friendly enviroment,
Customer Interaction Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 August 2016
-Dealing with customers issues, to fix and solve their issues that they
called in about.
-It is a work place that you are always getting training for the most current products and technology.
-Management is in contact with you and monitoring weakly reports and performance.
-co-workers, we work together as a team and help each other out when needed and help new employees learn the job.
-hardest part about the job is stability, not being able to move around
a lot and sitting for long periods of time.
-most enjoyable part of the job is fixing the issues and making the customer happy.
Pros
Rewards for good performance.
Cons
No wage increase for 8 years now.
change from cusomer service to add sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 November 2016
it's a grate place to work for when I worked there it was only customer service based now sales is involved with the change in the way the job is done those who do not do will in sales started to leave or do poorly so if your not into sales the job sucks.
High turnover rate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 October 2016
Stop telling people they will earn 15$ an hour and just give them that and your turnover rate will change for the better ... Thats the only bad thing over there 15$ is an empty promise maybe 5% of ppl get it
Pros
Fun
Cons
pay is too little bills gotta get paid... Take off incentives and pay people better
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.