Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast pace environment filled with fun however stressful with no advancing.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 23, 2016
Convergys was a fast paced environment dealing with inbound customer service calls on a Rogers contract. The days could be stressful in my position because I would do a lot of running around a call centre answering questions to help customer service representatives find appropriate and valued solutions for wireless customers.

The management of Convergys was quite poor and not effective at communicating with their employees and therefore leaving a culture of poor attitudes; which was regrettable.

However, co-workers always made the days enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Always on edge and tense
Customer Service/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 16, 2016
The work environment here was stressful and toxic. Employees were talked down to, berated, harassed and not provided with job security as the threat of being fired was always being thrown in your face. All in all, I would not suggest this company to anyone. The coworkers were anxious and snappy because of the lack of help and support from management when needed and management didn't get support from their superiors. There was no enjoyable part of this job
Pros
moderate benefits package
Cons
no employee respect, minimal room for growth, favoritism, no team support
Soul sucking excrement pit
grunt (Current Employee) –  londonJune 9, 2016
I have worked for Convergys 4 months now, and I can honestly say the job is great for someone with zero ambition or life goals. The low pay ensures a steady supply of "hungry" and obedient workers. The carrot on a stick is a lead position making more money,which are far and few between. Team Leads spend their days trying to motivate 300 pound losers into sounding happier on the phone while the 400 pound American yells at you because their "internets" are not working.
Pros
cannot come up with any...
Cons
too many to list
Poor schedules
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 15, 2016
This was call center work, the scheduling was to random. You chose a shift block that covered 11 hours of a day, you shift could start at any point in that 11 hours. Many of the shift bids did not provide paired days off which resulted in people getting burnt out easily. The management team was great and easy to talk to though, if there was a problem they would try to help get things back on track.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Schedule
pay was great but hated the job
Convergys-inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NSMay 27, 2016
answer calls from customers relating to cellphone ordering or billing issues
how to handle angry customers
my team lead was great but didnt like the floor management very ignorant
had a great team all worked well together and remaind friends to date
doing my job with minimal coaching
working with my team and other friends met at job
Pros
had a great team and team lead
Cons
hated the job
Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Pros
I cant think of any
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 17, 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 2, 2016
The workplace is a loud environment with terrible team leads for support. Poorly kept, and dirty building. I was there for 7 months, and found myself less then thought of when it came to personal loss. Had to make multiple reports to the labor board for their illegal acts of discipline and lack of documentation they use for reports.
i would never go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
I worked for this company for a few yrs it is a pay cheque .That is all it is. Management sucks, they work you like a dog and do nothing for you.Once you sign on you pretty much never leave and it is rare you work 40 hours .They always want you there and never allow you to have time off.
Pros
you get paid when the systems works
Cons
management
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 25, 2016
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
Pros
Good coworkers, liked the customers
Cons
Convergys is a great place to work!!!
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 7, 2016
I love working at Convergys, the teams are fun and management are very understanding and great to work with. I really don't think there is a hard part of my job here. But the best part of the job is the customers and the enjoyment I get when I can wow that customer with over the top customer service skills. My co-workers are fantastic and I always enjoy coming to work and seeing their faces.
in the early days thier was always something going on to keep the spirit high
Manager customer care (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSApril 1, 2016
loved the people they make a great work place., loved the different projects that I was able to work in., to bad were still not in Canada I would still be working for them
Pros
loved working with great people
Cons
loved my job to bad our project was removed from canada
Great place to work with great people
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was answering phone calls from clients and Health Care Professionals about their Health insurance. Always learning new product. Went from being a CSA to a Supervisor and it was a great experience working there,great people to work with. My co-workers were awesome,just like family. The hardest part of the job was when the clients would call upset about a bill they received and thinking they didn't need to pay when indeed they did and very upsetting when they would call with their life and told us all about it(when they had something very sad about their life) The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people out with their questions and concerns.
Providing customers professional and efficient assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 14, 2016
Multiple opportunities for growth, providing customers information and troubleshooting via phone or chat. Ensuring Customer is satisfied and happy prior to ending the call with the customer.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
distance to work
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONApril 6, 2016
Management doesnt help you if you are struggling they just make you feel bad about what your doing. When hired they promise yo all this money in bonuses but dont tell you that you have to score pretty close to perfect on all stats so the smallest slip gets you nothing. So frustrating to work there
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
Telephone marketing
Telemarking representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 16, 2016
This company improved my voice skills, learning how to use a certain tone with each customer, helping with billing, technical repair and customer service selling AT&T.

this job was full time and had a good working environment.
Pros
inside work
Cons
Employees are equipped with everything they NEED.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesApril 18, 2016
Would have been a great company if employees are valued even half as much as their clients. Couldn't blame employees who quits very early and move to competitor company due to a better companation and benefit package.
NOt my Thing
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 29, 2015
Taking calls, and assisting customers, with issues they have. Trying to do so in a timely manner. Co-workers were nice and were the best part of the whole job. Problem is they change rules and how things go constantly. For instance your taught one thing this week, and its completely useless or changed the next. Also sitting all day and answering phones is not my cup of tea. I prefer movement and face to face interaction.
Good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 28, 2016
10 hour day, 3 - 4 days with 2 shorter days in a week with a rotation of my 2 days off.
Stable job for the work you're expected to do.
Very understanding set of managers who excel at making you as an employee a priority.