Convergys
3,228 reviews

Convergys Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temporary Work during the Summer
Customer Service Representative (Direct) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2014
There is not much that can be said about this job. I joined simply to make some money to pay for college
quite challenging but its fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Convergys PhilippinesAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: management processes changes every now an then, request to employees is very emaning that it doesnt coincide with the benifits anymore
you have to really give your best to gain self confidence and prove something to yourself
Hardworking, dedicated, friendly co-workers; a real team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: amazing managers, pot lucks and after work gatherings.
Cons: 8 hours straight on the phones.
Great place to work at the managers are all very helpful and understanding. The co-workers are all friendly and willing to help out anyone new. This is a great job for anyone who can sit and talk on the phones for 44 hours a week.
Support Rep (Current Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 5, 2014
Not a very good place to work. No opportunity to start a "career" or move up in company.
we always had some kind off entertainment in our lunch room.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: bathrooms to far away
I really enjoyed working at convergys, i got along with all co-workers and enjoyed helping when i could. this is a tuff job to do and alot of people didn't make it.
Long and Busy Day
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Welland, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches/snacks on special days and overtime and holidays off.
A typical day at work is answering customers questions about their bill and phone.
I have learned a lot about how to work an iphone.
Management there is good.
Co workers are great.
Hardest part is answering all of the technical questions the customers call in about.
Enjoyable part is when I can resolve a customers call plus more.
learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJuly 26, 2014
while working here learned there with lots of things about everyday life that the normal person may not be aware and that working in the right place you can learn so much more
Productive and fast paced
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: awards, free lunches, bonus
Cons: no room to advance
I was a call center agent for 8 years with this employer. I have several awards for customer service experience. I enjoy helping people and making sure the call/issue is resolved Unfortunately there was no place for me to better myself and the company. There was no room for advancement.
it was a good experience and it was the first in a uni-lingual envireonement
Représentante au service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Welland ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: yes during some celebration and anniversary i enjoyed the free meal
Cons: i could not hang up on customer until i resolve the issue so long hours doesn't matter
it was my first experience in a call center. Fully English, I got a bad feed back form my supervisor as I couldn't reach the target. The customer was not happy cause I could not communicate clearly with him and he was frustrated. I have learned that it is important to clearly communicate with customer to understand they need for me to be able to resolve – more... issue. Negative feed back doesn't mean that I am not capable of doing my job but it just away of showing you that some area need to be improved. Co-worker are always friendly and ready to share they experience, manager will always be there giving you some tips to help you improve and reach the target. The hardest part is to go through the first experience and the enjoyable part is after so many years of work and endurance you will become an expert. – less
good customer service experience
Call Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Receive inbound calls from new and existing AT&T customers inquiring about products and services. Assist clients with technical issues like troubleshoot basic and visual voicemail; reset voice mail password ; can’t send and receive phone calls, SMS and MMS; Poor voice quality and frequent dropped calls; Add and remove features; Help customers understand – more... their bill; Upgrade phones; Make payment arrangements and schedule payments – less
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 8, 2014
Pros: late shifts and offered taxi cab rides home, made it home safely.
Cons: far commute to work
The call center was very clean, secure and the staff were amazing and very helpful to work with.
Poorly run company
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
A mostly inbound call center that was run with a corporate vision and not for employees.
Great work environment
Technical Support Agent-Chat (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 30, 2014
I loved working here. Would still be there is the center I worked in had not be shut down.
Opportunities to learn and grow
Accounts Representative/Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: variety of opportunities to learn in different areas
Cons: left for the philipines
The level of interaction with every department in Yahoo and the variety of tasks needed to be done. The assortment of activities that can pop up within the day kept me on my toes (account security, training new employees to tech support) allowed for personal and professional growth.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Cigna Healthcare Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJune 22, 2014
Convergys is a good place to work, it is fast paced and changing all th time. Lots of opportunity for advancement. My co-workers were the best part of this job, a great group of individuals who are always willing lend a hand to anyone in need.
Customer Service Professional – II
Customer Service Professional - II (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJune 21, 2014
 Communicate real time with all managers and team leaders regarding any issues on the company which may negatively impact service levels
 Insight into root cause and working with supervisors in finding solutions.
 Tactfully handled complaints and managed customer enquiries
 Handling escalations which is part of supervisor’s responsibility.
Good Workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Welland, ONJune 19, 2014
Covergys is a decent employer, with good benefits, although a highly stressful environment, the people i work with are great and my direct supervisor is a great person to work for.
great short term job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: weird hours
A typical day consisted of answering about 30 calls per day for inbound customer support. Here I greatly improved my time management skills and interpersonal skills. The management we always easily approachable and there to help you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and the weird shifts that I had to work. The most enjoyable part – more... was knowing that I had health benefits and a constant pay check. Also the thrill of fixing someones problem is always a good feeling – less
Good Job Never Met My Boss
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 5, 2014
I liked this job. It was dull at moments and crazy at others but I liked the fact that it was different every call. I never met my boss and couldn't have told you anything about the person who was in charge of me. It was also hard to meet people so don't expect to make long lasting friends.
Enjoyable experience
Team Manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: shift work
I learned a lot working at Convergys, the company was very good at hiring from within it's ranks and there were several career tracks you could take while moving up.

The management was approachable and encouraged your desires to move up in the company. The best part of the job was the people that worked there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Convergys

Convergys is a global leader in customer management. As of March 3rd, 2014 Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream. Together – Read more