Convergys Employee Reviews

Great place to work and great environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 August 2017
Its such a nice place to work and the people that work there are friendly and inviting when you first stat.
Great place for people who are looking for full time careers in the customer service industry.
Poor management and people skills. The work can be difficult.
Advanced Technical Support AT&T Contract (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 August 2017
They view you a serial number.Will compare problems from your worklife to their personal and ridicule you and belittle any health defects or problems.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
The management
was very stressful but enjoyed talking with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 August 2017
Answered calls in a call center from customers concerning billing or technical support for their cell phones and cable. Worked there for 7 years and used their online systems for billing. Technical support was on website that customers could also access.
Pros
enjoyed customers
Cons
very stressful call after call
Productive.workplace
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 August 2017
They overwork their employees with little.or no compensation i was not surprised they outsourced to.india since it.costs less with less human rights there.
Pros
Extensive training
Convergys
Comcast Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 August 2017
Since it's a call center, most of the the time the environment is cutthroat, but since all your co workers are there to help out, it makes my work easier, less stressful.
Fun and Learning WorkPlace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines31 July 2017
Convergys is a fun environment. It provides great training and help you get familiar with you job or tasks so you can perform at a high level. It opens doors as well for career growth.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Transportation
Very busy constantly changing
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 July 2017
Very fast paced work depending on your contract and where your positioned, can be fun, can be stressful, sometime mean customers can get to you but that's what happens here
Pros
Benefits after 90 days
Cons
stressful at times
Overall the people are great
Technical support for a reputable computer company (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 July 2017
Working with Convergys for 14 years, it is the people that make the job. There are communication issues that never seem to be addressed. There is little room for advancement and when you do advance it never seems to be for the long term.
Pros
Fantastic team to work with.
Cons
No work/life balance
Good
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 July 2017
It was okay working there could have be better. Manger isn't so great, no one knows who doing what at what time, I did appreciate all the hours tho. Thanks.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not friendly
Iron Mountain
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  PH25 July 2017
Busy call center as i worked for the Iron Mountain program under Convergy's.

The people were very friendly, and provided monthly perks from management such as free lunches from major restaurants such as Pizza Hut and Jollibee as this was located in Philippines.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Night Shift
stable job for a student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
This was a good and stable position to have when I was in university.

I was able to ask for a flexible schedule and concentrate on my studies. I learned how to communicate with people in an emphatic manner.
Not what it's cracked up to be.
Slave (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS14 July 2017
These guys make it sound like they're wonderful.

Not so.

Inflexible scheduling. Shift bids. Managers that address their staff as though you're 12 years old.

Scheduling and timekeeping system that actually penalizes you for being 1 minute late for your shift or break/lunch.

If you need money, be prepared to feel like you're back in Junior High.

Joke.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All.
Good starter company
Customer Service Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
Not great hours, managers that did not know very much about anything about what you supported. Managers did not want to deal with upset customers and wanted agents to pretend they were managers.
Pros
Not alot to say
Cons
closed.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 July 2017
Working with this company was very fun but also challenging. Being trained to do so many different jobs for customers was stressful and sometime systems weren't always working. most of the customers were nice but sometimes people were difficult.
Poor Management
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, NS6 July 2017
Sadly this is a company that recycles failed ideas and minimizes salary increases to the upper managers preferences instead of team production. Middle management salaries are the lowest in the industry and the excuse used is a bonus structure that is designed to have extra pay held back.
Pros
Consistent weekly pay - if you go to work.
Cons
Poor work environment
Heavy Work Load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region4 July 2017
This job has a heavy workload since we do many things in each call and the calls are queueing. The schedules are not that suitable. They tend to change every week and sometimes the rest days are split.
Pros
High End Parties
Cons
Queueing Calls
very fun, made good friends, relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 June 2017
i had a great time at this job, though sometimes it can be hard dealing with irate customers, i always found myself leaving my stress at work everyday and i never felt severly stressed about going to work everyday.
Pros
commission available, fun workplace
Cons
none.
I thought they said "Comfort Cheese"
Fee Waiver (Former Employee) –  London Ontario22 June 2017
After realizing we weren't going to be selling cheese of any kind or quantity, I quickly adapted and got behind the idea of being a Customer Service Agent for a large cellphone company. The trainer was awesome, she did an excellent job training us the best she could (That was easy!). After training we were put on the floor where, if at any time we had a question, there were many people working floor support all we had to do is flag em down and they were right there to help! The customers were fine with being put on hold so much. I fancied myself the "Dirty Harry" of customer service and you're allowed to decorate your workspace. I had an open hand on a spring that said "Fees" on it and called myself the Fee Waiver. I'm a contractor now though. All in all a great place to work!
Pros
Customers like it when you tell them things that sound good.
Cons
The training hours made it hard to get home after, but luckily I made some good friends who gave me a ride most of the time.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
I guarantee once you start working here, you will want to stay. The people in this company are what make this place great. Benefits are great and provided for me and my family, you never have to worry about not getting paid on time, policies are fair and easy to understand. Thorough training and Management is great, and pay is decent. I would recommend working here even as a first job as everyone is patient and friendly, and managers work with you to assist on days off and make accommodations when possible to help with life responsibilities. There's also advancement opportunities coming up all the time within the company. I've been employed almost 6 years now, and can honestly say I love my job!
Pros
People, flexibility with shifts, benefits, management, career development
Cons
Pay could be better, that's about it
Good Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 June 2017
Good company to work for. Great tools to work with. Worked for AT&T wireless phone services when the iPhone and Smart Phones first came out. Had the opportunity to go the the USA for one month to give verbal input for the opening of a new call centre. Bad news, with the rise in the Canadian dollar to the American, they pulled out of Canada and our call centre was closed
Pros
Secure location
Cons
Out of the USA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.