Convergys Employee Reviews in Canada

Mentally destroys young kids entering the job force
Inbound Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Kids coming out of highschool, or even still in highschool think that not many places are hiring and are turned to McDonalds. The thing about these guys is that they just hire new people for a short time, and force you out before a year is up, so they dont have to give you benefits. Lucky if you get 10 hours a week there. Management is also little help and usually rude. If this is your first job, i promise it gets better from here by a long shot
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
One of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 15, 2016
Like a hive of ants, one worker gets crushed there is always another to take his/her place. Management lied about performance to avoid paying benefits. Had to pay $25 a week to get home from work.
Pros
Finally got benefits
Cons
Contentious co-workers who would stab you in the back at a moment's notice
LOVE this company.
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
sometimes I wish I never left the company to move across Canada I had it sooo good at Convergys. I was getting benefits, extremely good pay and I loved the group of people i worked with my team was awesome...plus, you cant beat the fun and laid back atmosphere of work, I felt like I was at home.
Pros
benefits, the "family" atmosphere, and employee recognition programs.
Cons
long hours, rude clients, hours of work.
Great!
AT&T Mobility Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 26, 2016
Great place to work! Develop good skills with competitive pay and bonuses as well as great benefits.
Management is friendly and go out of their way to help you when you need it!
Loved my job at Convergys.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 8, 2015
Customer Sales Associate as well as administrative work. I worked at Convergys for 9 years, and I actually only called in sick 2 times. I loved my job. The co-workers were awesome. I made many friends during my time there. Convergys announced in June of 2014 that they were closing the New Glasgow, NS site at the end of September of 2014, so I had to seek other employment. I was able to secure a 6-month contract position with Sobeys Head Office which began on September 03/14. During the first week of employment with Sobeys, Convergys announced that they would be keeping the New Glasgow site open. I was very upset as Convergys were not taking any employees that had left back. They did end of closing the Convergys New Glasgow site permanently on August 27, 2015,
Pros
co-workers, pay, vacation, benefits, working hours.
Cons
unstable employer
MY LIFE AT CONVERGYS
SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  BELLEVILLE ONTARIOOctober 14, 2015
I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALLOWED ME TO GROW, BY ALLOWING ME TO LEARN FROM OWN MISTAKES. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE MANAGER WHO TOOK ME FROM BEING A VERY SHY , HAVING NO FAITH IN MYSELF , TO BEING ABLE TO RUN A QUEUE OF 75 PEOPLE ON MY OWN.

THAT HOWEVER CANNOT BE SAID FOR ALL MANAGERS AT CONVERGYS , THE REASON I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WORK IS BECAUSE OF MY CURRENT MANAGER . I AM TIRED I BEING TREATED LIKE I AM IN GRADE SCHOOL.
BENEFITS
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT DON'T CARE
Challenging and demanding job for so-so pay
Technical Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 5, 2015
Interesting work. I learned a lot and appreciate the training efforts made. However, the pay and benefits offered are less than the job is worth. Also, it's a very 1984 work environment where you are electronically monitored every second of every day. Staff is continuously rated and shift selection depends on ratings. This puts pressure on you if you are not naturally suited to the situation. As with any job that deals with the public, especially considering telephone anonymity, you get calls from impatient, rude and hostile people. If you're not used to that, it can be very unsettling. While efforts are made to provide technical support to staff, it is primitive, disorganized and incomplete. Tricks of the trade are often learned by asking each other which means some get important information and some don't. All-in-all, if you are well suited to the job, it can be fine. If you struggle with some aspects, you will stress out and fail.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Strict 1984-style monitoring
A good place to work
Technical Support Level (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 28, 2016
a good place to work and opportunity grow in your career.

Well organised environment. market leading health benefits.
Pros
wage
Cons
Flexible
A positive and upbeat work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 25, 2015
This job teaches me a lot about how the telecommunications industry works. It also requires that I be the absolute best that I can be in providing superior customer service. This job comes with the requirement of continuous training and also provides a group of supportive and friendly team leaders and co-workers.
Pros
Stable employment & Benefits
Cons
Little room for upward career mobility
Good starter job, decent benefit package
Technical/Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 12, 2015
This is a good starter job for a student living at home or a job for someone is who is semi-retired and wants to supplement their pension. There is a decent benefit package. There are no raises other than the raise at 90 days or when the Provincial minimum wage is raised. Long time employees stay at the same wage year after year. The metrics required to qualify for the performance bonus are for the most part unrealistic. Difficult to live on the wage if you are single or supporting a family.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
no raises, difficult metrics to qualify for the bonus
A job that varies day to day
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The management to me was always the best. They're constantly trying to help you out and help your stats improve. My dislike to this job was being on the phone for over 10 hours straight, with very badly placed breaks and almost no time off the phones to relax and breathe.
Benefits
Cons
Long shifts, bad scheduling
Management loves to hold grudges
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 25, 2016
Last worked here in 2013. Had been there appox. 6months, Left to accept a Gov't term position which paid a lot more (who wouldn't do that, really?)

Term position ended late 2015, so I figured I'd re-apply - I'd left in what I though was amicable circumstances. Phoned and was told I could not return as management had listed me as not eligible for re-hire. "Why?" I ask. "They don't want to take a risk on you leaving again." Ridiculous. I know for a fact they have regularly rehired terrible agents, in some cases those who were TERMINATED, yet allowed back due to having buddies there who are supervisors. Corrupt AF. The day this place shuts its doors for good, I'll do a moonwalk in front of the main entrance.
Pros
Good coworkers, liked the customers
Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Convergys is a very unpredictable they blame every management decision they make on there contract owners when it is actually them making the decisions. Very unpredictable hours on a weekly basis and at times hours change during days off and they do not call you to inform you about these changes. They also approve vacation days then without notice with withdraw these days the day before even if it is scheduled after a day off so you have no access to there internal scheduling system . the hardest part of this job is not actually handling the daily calls its from constantly being disrespected by management authorities they don't treat employees with respect unless you get high sales then you can get away with dong whatever you want on
Cons
HOURS UNPREDICTABLE ON A WEEKLY TO DAILY BASIS. HOURS WORKED VERY ON A WEEK TO WEEK BASIS
good place to work
Customer Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 21, 2015
I had to take inbound calls to help people solve their internet connectivity issues in 10 minutes and 20 seconds. I took between 40 to 60 calls a day.
Pros
good benefits regular schedule regular breaks
Cons
very negative working environment
Great learning environment
Data Entry/Typing (Former Employee) –  St. John`s, NLAugust 28, 2015
I made lifelong friends working at Convergys. I enjoyed learning something new each day and helping customers with issues and educating them on the issue and resolution. There was so many shifts to choose from that it suited any living situation you had.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Median
HR Client Services - Payroll and Pension Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 30, 2015
The Human Resource part of Convergys was bought out by NGA in 2009. I have been with both companies a total of 7 years and recently resigned. I enjoyed the people I worked with but the change in policies such as raises etc took away the morale within the company. I hope that changes at some point so people will stay longer and be more content.
Pros
Great
Cons
Poor pay
not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 10, 2015
good starting job, good flexibility on hours, good benefits. They have corporate events which makes the workplace seem more than just a job
secure work for 12 years ...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSAugust 31, 2015
we had ample notification of closure ...good benefits and we were all commended for the good work we produced...and rewarded in many different ways .
Pros
good work hours
Cons
not many
Dependable work
Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSAugust 7, 2015
It's a good place to have your 40 hours guaranteed, and health benefits. The management could use some work, it is micromanaging at it's worst. No one is on the same page. Needs better communication.
Are you a masochist?
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 20, 2015
You need to be slightly masochistic to work here.

The micromanagement, increasingly harder goals to reach, constantly changing regulations, low morale, and harsh HR policies make it difficult to actually like the job. The job itself isn't that bad.

You need to do your job with cookie cutter accuracy while being encouraged to be creative.

You need to work as a team member while trying to beat them in a stack rank.

You will be graded on your calls and expected to view it all as constructive criticism.

You will be expected to be VERY empathetic toward the customer while being shown very little from management.

You will be timed on everything, right down to how many seconds you take to use the bathroom.

You will be given 10 days per year only to take care of your own illness and those of your family; nearly impossible with children.

I learned quite a bit about some technical aspects of peripherals. Most of that training happened outside the training room and on actual calls; no mock calls were given to try and ease that transition.

The benefits provided were meager and didn't cover half my medications.
Pros
Free Christmas supper
Cons
Work/life balance, morale, empathy