Convergys Employee Reviews for Technical Support Representative

OK for first job but...
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 February 2018
It's a call centre and you do tech support for the company that outsourced it. It's inbound calls all day. You only have a certain amount of time to complete each call.
Pros
Can work later hours so you can save on childcare
Cons
Not enough training, most of the managers aren't very supportive, paid is low for the amount of work
Nothing bad to say
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 December 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this place. You get to learn alot about how a company should be run and worked, with customer services/ sales and technical techniques in several different ways of the spectrum.
Pros
controlled schedule, organized, lots of different people, decent paycheck
Cons
repetitive, strenuous, gets boring..
They went out of business
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Convergys Management was good for opening the door for a person who wants to get technical support experience. At the time they would hire anyone and everyone. The company was mismanaged and so they went out of business. The pay wasn't bad and it was good to have this on your resume if you are an I.T. specialist... Otherwise, this job was more of a stepping stone than anything else (if you have high goals)... Company is out of business... No use discussing a company that no longer exists.
call center
technical support representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS25 September 2017
This is a call center. The environment is fast paced and changes often, but the coworkers and people around you are always supportive. The workplace can be stressful at times but any job can be.
Convergys
Comcast Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines3 August 2017
Since it's a call center, most of the the time the environment is cutthroat, but since all your co workers are there to help out, it makes my work easier, less stressful.
Fun and Learning WorkPlace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines31 July 2017
Convergys is a fun environment. It provides great training and help you get familiar with you job or tasks so you can perform at a high level. It opens doors as well for career growth.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Transportation
Full time hours and benefits
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2017
Training is good at Convergys, the benefits are a key feature of being employed here. They also provide full time hours and mandatory overtime quite often.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Mandatory overtime, shift bids
It was call center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2017
It was call center and had no interest in the works or the work condition and job security was very poor. The place was never cleaned and and chairs were not very good for your and if you were sick to many time you were let go even if you had note from the doctor
Pros
it was a job
Cons
everything
Productive and a Fast Phase Environment
Level 2 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ortigas15 March 2017
With the High Volumes of Technical Calls received in the production floor coming from most of the Cities Across US, it is required from us to provide the fastest and easiest solution possible to the client while not compromising the quality of service that the company is embodying. Adhering to the companies standards and workflows, I averaged 30-35 technical calls every shift and was able to work in a multi-task mode in every call as Documentation is also required apart from the walk-through for the technical solution.
It's a fun environment because of the challenges in most of the calls, maintaining scores on the metrics, and the technical training provided in the company that are mostly on New TelCo Technology. The only hard part was most of the shifts are scheduled at night.
Pros
Lots of Training and Bonuses if you perform well
Cons
Graveyard Shift
company was good so long as everything went the way the company wanted it to
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville ontario10 February 2017
Convergys is a company I had the opportunity to work for twice and found that the second time would be the last time I work for this company due to the unprofessional nature of dealing with its reps. Promises made and then broken under the guise of business needs.
Pros
good location and benefits
Cons
company does not care for its workers as there is always more out there
Management team is very approachable and they appreciate and recognize their staff.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines5 January 2017
I really appreciate the management team because they are really keeping an eye for those people who really work hard. They value the cultures of their staff by considering our different religions.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Proximity in terms of the office location
A friendly and caring place to work at!
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2016
Caring managers to work with.
Fun employee engagement activities.
Flexible work hours.
Very good paid trainings conducted for new hires.
good workplace with supportive staff
Technical support agent and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 November 2016
I started work wit this company in May 2015. when i started i wasn't sure that i can improve my self for interact with the customers. because of the supportive staff as well as with good trainer today i am able to work freely with this company.
Pros
pizza party everyweel
Cons
sitting on chair for long hourd
One of the worst employers around
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 October 2016
Avoid working for this company at any cost. They make all kinds of promises, but mistreat you and lie to you constantly.

Consider: When I left, they decided that, instead of paying me out my vacation time, they would send out a collections notice demanding that I pay them! Is that the kind of employer you want to work for?

I could list many other things, but I don't want to be positively identified by them.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. No Pros.
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 September 2016
Upper management strict and threatening. Unfair wages. Very stressful work. No job security. Awful work hours. Poor location. I have nothing good to say about this company besides the benefits plan.
Pros
Health and dental plan.
Cons
Awful work hours.
Difficult company to have long term success
Customer/Technical Support Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2016
I cannot give a fair opinion of my experience with the company. It has been many years since I have been employed there and I was employed with the startup in my location. The lack of communication and understanding of day to day activity needed improvement.
Technical Call Center
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 August 2016
Great place to work for. Global Company works with top 500 company's. Fast Pace, Job Security. The site in Chilliwack just getting a site refresh. :)
Pros
Co Workers, Relaxed, Always contracts to go to
Cons
Sometimes difficult to correct stats and goal
Work Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Egypt16 July 2016
Working as a technical support agent for GPS devices, where I received phone calls and emails in French and English.
I was in charge of after-sales support for customers and dealers that use enterprise systems, providing technical assistance to computer system users, answer questions or computer problems for customers by telephone, email or remote assistance.
A good BPO is still a BPO
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 April 2016
Convergys is potentially one of the better BPOs I've worked for, but unfortunately the pay is under the poverty line. The job is mindlessly easy, and everyone wants to help everyone, there are those though who poison the well. Right out of college with no real bills, this job is a great stepping stone, but with kids, car payments, and a mortgage, the pay is well below acceptable.
Worst place to work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2015
Worst place to work, they do not care about employees. They care more about the business then their own employees needs. If you're sick, well that sucks. They try and fire you with a doctors note.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K